View Single Post
Old 06-14-2018, 10:36 AM
Almost Senior Member
Southwest VTCoA Regional Member

Member #11268
Quote:
Originally Posted by GSJake View Post
That is great info Psycho, good read thanks!

I was wondering too.. WHY would Mopar make that CAI with that fugly tube location and then the snorkel? I bet SRT engineers were..

I want to get a stock intake box and tube for my 06... anyone have one?
Your welcome I find Aero and hydro dynamics interesting. I learned on my 89' Kawisaki ZX10 how much a small thing(s) like a rear view mirror poking out into the wind can slow you down. As I started to learn to ride at sustained high speeds (over 150) on Wisconsin country roads, I'd observe my mirrors being push in towards the faring above 120. So I'd pull em' in before the run to gain speed. A few mods later and my ride was as fast as my friend (who owned the Kawi dealership) who rode a new ZX11. He was shocked!! Aero mods (cheap) and a pipe/jetting and we were even

Check out this cool read and think about our unique trucks and all the "little" things add up to a Hippopotamus that knows how to run AND Dance....

Aerodynamic Tips and Tricks You Can Use for Better Performance - Hot Rod Network

Re; the MOPER CAI kit??? The ONLY possible reason I can come up with is to utilize the the draw from the hood scoop to evacuate air from the sectioned off filter area. So cool, outside air is fed into the fender from the grill block off scoop and then drawn into the large isolation chamber that the tube and filter are setting in. Kind of a "flow through" design once under way.

Cheers!
2005 Black RC Born on April, 22nd., 16th hour of 2005: BBK, JTSVP Gen II Shifter, JTSVP Under Drive Pulley, K&N Drop-In, Demon Coils, B&B Manifold Back Exhaust w/ Hi flow Cats, SCT Tuned by Torrie, RX Monster Catch Can, JMB QA1 "kicker" shock, Polyurethane Suspension / Sway bar Bushings, AEM Wideband, Raptor Shift Light, Dynamat Interior, JTSVP Oil Cooler lines, 70/30 DiH2O/Dexcool Mix w/ Water Wetter, ALL fluids Synthetic and a few "sneaky" aero mods

2000 ZX1270R, 200 H.P. / 111 Ft. Lbs.