Go Back   Dodge Ram SRT-10 Forum - Viper Truck Club of America > Viper Truck SRT-10 Discussion > Ram Srt-10 Racing
Home Forum Register FAQ Members List Social Groups Calendar Garage Mark Forums Read

Ram Srt-10 Racing

10 Quickest SRT10's

This is a discussion on 10 Quickest SRT10's within the Ram Srt-10 Racing forums, part of the Viper Truck SRT-10 Discussion category!
Originally Posted by trussman NONE! Because they're too slow stock. Yeah, stock is neat in itself. The truck made a ...

Like Tree166Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-25-2018, 10:26 AM
Almost Senior Member
Southwest VTCoA Regional Member

Member #11268
Quote:
Originally Posted by trussman View Post
NONE! Because they're too slow stock.
Yeah, stock is neat in itself. The truck made a statement in 2004. A touch quicker in 2005 with 4:56 axle.

However, picking up a 1/2 second with proven, simple, reversible and reliable bolt on's really makes an impact on overall drive-ability. Like I've stated before, my buddy with a 2017 392 Scat Pack Charger was COMPLETELY humbled after quite a bit of shit talking prior to running up against the Superbeast. From a roll or 0-120+, he had nothing for the RC. The visions of grandeur of showing me his new, beautiful taillights was immediately shattered and his view was full of big, black Ram wondering if he will even be able to catch up. The way a stock truck lays over rich at high RPM would have fell to the mighty 392 Hemi. Not so with an uncorked engine and a Torrie custom tune.
Yeah, keep the stock exhaust, TB etc. If you choose to or when your done and want it in a museum, you can bolt it all back on.

2005 Black RC Born on April, 22nd., 16th hour of 2005: BBK, JTSVP Gen II Shifter, JTSVP Under Drive Pulley, K&N Drop-In, Demon Coils, B&B Manifold Back Exhaust w/ Hi flow Cats, SCT Tuned by Torrie, RX Monster Catch Can, JMB QA1 "kicker" shock, Polyurethane Suspension / Sway bar Bushings, AEM Wideband, Raptor Shift Light, Dynamat Interior, JTSVP Oil Cooler lines, 70/30 DiH2O/Dexcool Mix w/ Water Wetter, ALL fluids Synthetic and a few "sneaky" aero mods

2000 ZX1270R, 200 H.P. / 111 Ft. Lbs.
Old 10-25-2018, 11:32 AM
VIPER POWERED
Southeast VTCoA Regional Member

Member #2161
Send a message via Yahoo to trussman
Quote:
Originally Posted by Psycho1122 View Post
Yeah, stock is neat in itself. The truck made a statement in 2004. A touch quicker in 2005 with 4:56 axle.

However, picking up a 1/2 second with proven, simple, reversible and reliable bolt on's really makes an impact on overall drive-ability. Like I've stated before, my buddy with a 2017 392 Scat Pack Charger was COMPLETELY humbled after quite a bit of shit talking prior to running up against the Superbeast. From a roll or 0-120+, he had nothing for the RC. The visions of grandeur of showing me his new, beautiful taillights was immediately shattered and his view was full of big, black Ram wondering if he will even be able to catch up. The way a stock truck lays over rich at high RPM would have fell to the mighty 392 Hemi. Not so with an uncorked engine and a Torrie custom tune.
Yeah, keep the stock exhaust, TB etc. If you choose to or when your done and want it in a museum, you can bolt it all back on.
Personally, this year I got past the point that I plan on re-selling in stock form. I have decided I'm keeping it till I'm dead or until my daughter gets P.O.A. on me and sells it herself. I realized that there is no point in preserving it for someone else when I can enjoy it now. I've had it nearly 12 yrs so far and I have raced it some and enjoyed it. I now have goals in place for full engine build, large power adders, and full paint color change. The collector re-sale may be zilch, but my enjoyment will be much higher.
Old 10-28-2018, 12:38 AM
VIPER POWERED
West VTCoA Regional Member

Member #6
Quote:
Originally Posted by trussman View Post
NONE! Because they're too slow stock.

You don't get it!

"Life's tough..... It's even tougher if you're stupid." John Wayne

Long Live the Queen
2004 Red
997/3057
Stock!!! NOW 5,830 miles
Old 10-28-2018, 12:40 AM
VIPER POWERED
West VTCoA Regional Member

Member #6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Psycho1122 View Post

I wish Boob jobs were that easy J/K just bolt it all back on

I know what you mean, but museums are picky about marks on any bolts you know! LOL LOL I will never relent

"Life's tough..... It's even tougher if you're stupid." John Wayne

Long Live the Queen
2004 Red
997/3057
Stock!!! NOW 5,830 miles