Dodge Ram SRT-10 Forum - Viper Truck Club of America

Dodge Ram SRT-10 Forum - Viper Truck Club of America (http://www.vtcoa.com/forums/)
-   Ram Srt-10 Racing (http://www.vtcoa.com/forums/f11/)
-   -   Famoso Test and Tune feb 24th Sunday (http://www.vtcoa.com/forums/f11/famoso-test-tune-feb-24th-sunday-55730/)

Trainman 02-20-2013 05:57 PM

Famoso Test and Tune feb 24th Sunday

My final test and tune for a few months will be this weekend. Famoso Drag Strip is having a 3 day Test and Tune Feb 22-24 . The best weather is forecast for Sunday. I will be there Sunday only, it is $60.00 , gates open at 7am, Racing from 9am-4pm. I will be having shoulder surgery on Wed. Feb 27, so this will be my last test and tune for a few months, as well as work being started on my engine rebuild. SRTBrad will be filming on Sunday. Hope to see Arnie, Ramsom and any other SRT-10's that want to show. Lets make this a GTG for SoCal.

505'sFastestViper. 02-20-2013 06:27 PM

im curious why all yuo do is test and tune why dont you bracket race? or something and try and make some money while having fun!!

Trainman 02-20-2013 07:32 PM

I just do it for fun for me. I like the thrill of acceleration. I don't like to beat on the truck with back to back to back runs (heatsoak) like at the end of eliminations. I pick a fun race from time to time (Z06, Lightning, etc)....then beat them.... and let the truck cool down an hour or so between runs.

SrtBrad 02-20-2013 09:48 PM

I'll be happy to come out to support. I'll make another video like this:

arnie_82 02-21-2013 03:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Trainman (Post 1143477)
My final test and tune for a few months will be this weekend. Famoso Drag Strip is having a 3 day Test and Tune Feb 22-24 . The best weather is forecast for Sunday. I will be there Sunday only, it is $60.00 , gates open at 7am, Racing from 9am-4pm. I will be having shoulder surgery on Wed. Feb 27, so this will be my last test and tune for a few months, as well as work being started on my engine rebuild. SRTBrad will be filming on Sunday. Hope to see Arnie, Ramsom and any other SRT-10's that want to show. Lets make this a GTG for SoCal.

I will try to make it but not sure yet.

ViperJeff 02-21-2013 03:07 PM

It's fun.....

noid 02-21-2013 09:21 PM

I was going to try and make it. But the wife said it no. Gas is to expensive. I recommended selling off some of her shoe's or just one purse. It didn't go very well.

Trainman 02-21-2013 09:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by noid (Post 1143776)
I was going to try and make it. But the wife said it no. Gas is to expensive. I recommended selling off some of her shoe's or just one purse. It didn't go very well.

To bad, I was going to say the air will be great.....and after the meet you could borrow my race seat for a few months while my truck (and shoulder) are down.

SrtBrad 02-24-2013 02:09 AM

I'm almost all geared up and ready to go. Leaving LA around 5:30am if anybody wants to go and help with video or just hang out and have fun.

andrew heywood 02-24-2013 02:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by noid (Post 1143776)

HAHAHAHA.....thatz phucin heroic......:rock: