Go Back   Dodge Ram SRT-10 Forum - Viper Truck Club of America > Viper Truck SRT-10 Discussion > Ram Srt-10 Racing
Home Forum Register FAQ Members List Social Groups Calendar Garage Mark Forums Read

Ram Srt-10 Racing

Trainman will run the truck tomorrow.

This is a discussion on Trainman will run the truck tomorrow. within the Ram Srt-10 Racing forums, part of the Viper Truck SRT-10 Discussion category!
Originally Posted by NVR2OLD I figure Jerry has spent a little over $6,000 dollars per mile and hour over his ...

Like Tree31Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-05-2018, 02:35 AM
VIPER POWERED
West VTCoA Regional Member

Member #312
Quote:
Originally Posted by NVR2OLD View Post
I figure Jerry has spent a little over $6,000 dollars per mile and hour over his old motor and truck to present, 118 mph to 127 mph. Damn it cost a lot of money to go fast.
Huh...$54,000......Nope, no where near that, I got lots of help from the builders and development of new ideas, so , it was a lot, but probably less than 1/2 of your estimate....I'm old, retired and have the means....so it's fun for me!

Probably the Fastest NA SRT-10 on the planet in the 1/4 mile, pretty sure that ET is the best also....but that is going to go much lower with practice, once I get the 60' down in the 1.5 range I should be knocking on the high 10's for ET

Old 02-05-2018, 03:53 PM
VTCoA Senior Member
Midwest VTCoA Regional Member

Member #11520
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trainman View Post
Huh...$54,000......Nope, no where near that, I got lots of help from the builders and development of new ideas, so , it was a lot, but probably less than 1/2 of your estimate....I'm old, retired and have the means....so it's fun for me!

Probably the Fastest NA SRT-10 on the planet in the 1/4 mile, pretty sure that ET is the best also....but that is going to go much lower with practice, once I get the 60' down in the 1.5 range I should be knocking on the high 10's for ET
It's always nice to have friends like that, builders and development of new ideas to help you out. It just cost a lot more if you don't.

I know you will go faster, Keep in a straight line.
Big Daddy's SRT likes this.
Old 02-09-2018, 12:25 PM
Southeast VTCoA Regional Member

Member #5758
Send a message via AIM to RagunCajun
You made more than one change at a time on your last pass. That's the only thing i see i dont like.

Did you get someone to video your truck from the side to see how the suspension is working?

None the less, it's good to see you out there racing. I wouldnt sell yourself short, that's a TON of work to try to accomplish in only passes. 3 outtings IMO isnt even close to enough.

Edit* Id recommend getting someone who knows how to dial in suspension to help you at the track. It can save many many track visits. That's what i do with great success.
Big Daddy's SRT likes this.

Last edited by RagunCajun; 02-09-2018 at 12:35 PM.
Old 02-10-2018, 01:13 AM
VIPER POWERED

Member #312
Quote:
Originally Posted by RagunCajun View Post
You made more than one change at a time on your last pass. That's the only thing i see i dont like.

Did you get someone to video your truck from the side to see how the suspension is working?

None the less, it's good to see you out there racing. I wouldnt sell yourself short, that's a TON of work to try to accomplish in only passes. 3 outtings IMO isnt even close to enough.

Edit* Id recommend getting someone who knows how to dial in suspension to help you at the track. It can save many many track visits. That's what i do with great success.
Nice run at 11.1 @ 124....Do I hear a supercharger?

Here is an in-cab video of my shifting, but this is with the stock engine.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZxeMhlfiTPg

Last edited by Trainman; 02-10-2018 at 01:16 AM.
Old 02-12-2018, 10:33 AM

Member #5758
Quote:
Nice run at 11.1 @ 124....Do I hear a supercharger?

Here is an in-cab video of my shifting, but this is with the stock engine.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZxeMhlfiTPg
1.) You know it's a lightning. You know it's supercharged. You can easily hear it.

2.) What does a in cab shifting video(from 2013 at that) have to do with this thread
VENOMOUS1 RACING likes this.
Old 02-12-2018, 12:31 PM
VIPER POWERED

Member #312
Quote:
1.) You know it's a lightning. You know it's supercharged. You can easily hear it.

2.) What does a in cab shifting video(from 2013 at that) have to do with this thread
Sorry, I had no idea that was a Lightning, and I thought you were in an SRT-10, with a manual, and the video I played from your posting was an in cab video that looked like you were shifting...so I showed you my shifting, pretty close to the same sound. I was complementing your truck, and I thought you had added a supercharger to your SRT-10. Funny, in 2003-2004 I looked for a good deal on a Lightning, but could not find anybody to convert it to a 6-speed manual, then Dodge announced the SRT-10.....thus I ended up with my red SRT-10. I meant nothing bad.....again I thought you were shifting an SRT-10 to an 11.1 @ 124 mph. The reason my video is from 2013 as it was only one of two videos I have inside the SRT-10 ...and that was the latest one.

Just went back and watched the video again, then saw some follow up videos and saw it was a red Lightning, very cool....and now I remember that you had a lightning with a 6-speed manual conversion....sorry i forgot, I hadn't seen you on here in a long time, and I am 71.....so senior moment. Again , very cool lightning....too bad we are not closer, we could have a match race for the fans.

Last edited by Trainman; 02-12-2018 at 12:38 PM.
Old 02-12-2018, 12:35 PM

Member #5758
I see.

It was just odd how you quoted that and didnt touch on the advice i gave you. My apologies. Good luck with the truck.
Old 02-12-2018, 10:06 PM
VIPER POWERED

Member #312
Quote:
I see.

It was just odd how you quoted that and didnt touch on the advice i gave you. My apologies. Good luck with the truck.
I agree with your advice, I tried to get the guy who built the new suspension, and he did come over to the house for a preliminary set up, but unfortunately he wasn't able to be at the track, hopefully next time he will be there. Thanks again, and I really like your truck, it's what I tried to do in 2003, but I wasn't able to find anyone to convert a Lightning, mainly because guys were afraid of our California smog laws, no one wanted to mess with the computer.
Old 02-13-2018, 07:50 AM
Almost Senior Member
Southwest VTCoA Regional Member

Member #11268
Class from both of you guys. Pure Class

I was worried that your thread could get "Closed" if the discussion carried on too far...
2005 Black RC Born on April, 22nd., 16th hour of 2005: BBK, JTSVP Gen II Shifter, JTSVP Under Drive Pulley, K&N Drop-In, Demon Coils, B&B Manifold Back Exhaust w/ Hi flow Cats, SCT Tuned by Torrie, RX Monster Catch Can, JMB QA1 "kicker" shock, Polyurethane Suspension / Sway bar Bushings, AEM Wideband, Raptor Shift Light, Dynamat Interior, JTSVP Oil Cooler lines, 70/30 DiH2O/Dexcool Mix w/ Water Wetter, ALL fluids Synthetic and a few "sneaky" aero mods

2000 ZX1270R, 200 H.P. / 111 Ft. Lbs.
Old 02-14-2018, 09:33 AM

Member #5758
Quote:
I agree with your advice, I tried to get the guy who built the new suspension, and he did come over to the house for a preliminary set up, but unfortunately he wasn't able to be at the track, hopefully next time he will be there. Thanks again, and I really like your truck, it's what I tried to do in 2003, but I wasn't able to find anyone to convert a Lightning, mainly because guys were afraid of our California smog laws, no one wanted to mess with the computer.
Maybe go talk to some guys at the track. Suspension is suspension. I'm sure someone doesnt mind videoing you with your phone then giving you advice.

Hell, you can even video runs and go post on the yellow bullet forum asking for advice. Yellow bullet is king for setting up suspension. Typical specific car forums (lightning rodder, vtcoa etc) doesnt know their behind from a hole in the ground when it comes to suspension. It's more monkey see, monkey do stuff. I am guilty of that myself, but im waking up. Hell, we got guys in the L scene do this or that because the quickest trucks do it so it must be the best. Very irritating reading that on the L/HD forums. Then you have vendors trying to make a sale then their nut swingers being bias. Well, let me stop ranting.... My point is dont give up and ask people outside the internet to help you. Youll get your goal!

Last edited by RagunCajun; 02-14-2018 at 09:37 AM.