Go Back   Dodge Ram SRT-10 Forum - Viper Truck Club of America > Viper Truck SRT-10 Discussion > Dyno Stuff
Home Forum Register FAQ Members List Social Groups Calendar Garage Mark Forums Read

Dyno Stuff

2006 RC Dyno Results

This is a discussion on 2006 RC Dyno Results within the Dyno Stuff forums, part of the Viper Truck SRT-10 Discussion category!
That exhaust setup is sounding great...

Like Tree10Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-01-2017, 08:19 AM

Member #15411
That exhaust setup is sounding great

Old 08-01-2017, 09:15 AM
Almost Senior Member
Southwest VTCoA Regional Member

Member #11268
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flat4bo View Post
I sent the graphs to Torrie this morning. He already sent me an updated tune. Just like you said he thought it was pretty rich. I am super paranoid and was kind of happy to have it safe but if there is more power to he had and it is still safe I may have to reflash it. I will probobly wait until the dyno can schedule me back in so I can make sure the new tune is still safe and makes better results.
Good move. Torrie knows EXACTLY how to inch you up safely. How do I know? AEM wideband O2 gauge. I know (not think) where my engine is at and can give Torrie real time feedback without a dyno. My testing and data is collected on the real world dyno....the road, in 4th gear. One of these gauges would be cheaper than a dyno session and a must have IMHO.

Oh and your B&B exhaust? Worth every penny is it not? I always claimed that even with stock manifolds (which flow very nice and keep heat INSIDE for high scavenging) that the B&B has that unique Big block tone with an exotic edge to it. Just SAAAWEET!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NVR2OLD View Post
Nice numbers, but it would take a cam to make those kind of numbers.
You may be referring to the 2006 poor power numbers historically. However consider that this engine may be a "ringer"? Or the simple fact that the OP has the right "combination" without any goofy add-on's (KISS). The B&B exhaust is no joke and I have personally seen the before and after dyno information during B&B development of their system. They made sure that not only is the fit and appearance top notch, it will also make power EVERYWHERE. Combine that with under drive pulley, TB, sea level conditions and a close tune, viola!! Even the K&N CAI will allow good numbers standing still with the hood open. Get out on the road with heat soak and the OEM set up will outperform it. (Keep that in mind OP )

Cheers!
2005 Black RC Born on April, 22nd., 16th hour of 2005: BBK, JTSVP Gen II Shifter, JTSVP Under Drive Pulley, K&N Drop-In, Demon Coils, B&B Manifold Back Exhaust w/ Hi flow Cats, SCT Tuned by Torrie, RX Monster Catch Can, JMB QA1 "kicker" shock, Polyurethane Suspension / Sway bar Bushings, AEM Wideband, Raptor Shift Light, Dynamat Interior, JTSVP Oil Cooler lines, 70/30 DiH2O/Dexcool Mix w/ Water Wetter, ALL fluids Synthetic and a few "sneaky" aero mods

2000 ZX1270R, 200 H.P. / 111 Ft. Lbs.

Last edited by Psycho1122; 08-01-2017 at 09:17 AM. Reason: punctuation...lol
Old 08-01-2017, 10:09 AM

Member #15933
Quote:
Originally Posted by Psycho1122 View Post
Good move. Torrie knows EXACTLY how to inch you up safely. How do I know? AEM wideband O2 gauge. I know (not think) where my engine is at and can give Torrie real time feedback without a dyno. My testing and data is collected on the real world dyno....the road, in 4th gear. One of these gauges would be cheaper than a dyno session and a must have IMHO.

Oh and your B&B exhaust? Worth every penny is it not? I always claimed that even with stock manifolds (which flow very nice and keep heat INSIDE for high scavenging) that the B&B has that unique Big block tone with an exotic edge to it. Just SAAAWEET!!

You may be referring to the 2006 poor power numbers historically. However consider that this engine may be a "ringer"? Or the simple fact that the OP has the right "combination" without any goofy add-on's (KISS). The B&B exhaust is no joke and I have personally seen the before and after dyno information during B&B development of their system. They made sure that not only is the fit and appearance top notch, it will also make power EVERYWHERE. Combine that with under drive pulley, TB, sea level conditions and a close tune, viola!! Even the K&N CAI will allow good numbers standing still with the hood open. Get out on the road with heat soak and the OEM set up will outperform it. (Keep that in mind OP )

Cheers!
Thanks man. Ya I love the exhaust. I do notice alot of heat soak with the intake. Stopped at a light or in traffic it feels weak until you get rolling again. I will probobly keep it for now but may switch to an OEM intake down the road. I will look into the afr guage and report back anout the new tune.
Old 08-01-2017, 02:48 PM
VIPER POWERED
Northeast VTCoA Regional Member

Member #13011
Where in NH are you? I used to have a black 2006 RC and used to go up to Epping now and then. People would tell me that 06's are under powered and too heavy, although my truck ran like a beast! I had B&B headers and hi-flo mids with a custom back half, UD pulley, JTSVP T.B., and a "Torrie Tune". Ran back to back runs of 12.63's at 110mph. Thought that was pretty good for an otherwise stock truck. My 60' always sucked at 1.9, always had the intentions of adding some Caltracs or long bars.... just never happened before I sold it.
Old 08-01-2017, 04:41 PM

Member #15933
Quote:
Originally Posted by stealth78 View Post
Where in NH are you? I used to have a black 2006 RC and used to go up to Epping now and then. People would tell me that 06's are under powered and too heavy, although my truck ran like a beast! I had B&B headers and hi-flo mids with a custom back half, UD pulley, JTSVP T.B., and a "Torrie Tune". Ran back to back runs of 12.63's at 110mph. Thought that was pretty good for an otherwise stock truck. My 60' always sucked at 1.9, always had the intentions of adding some Caltracs or long bars.... just never happened before I sold it.
I live around lake winni. The dyno I went to is performance dyno in Loudon. I bought this truck in NY. Will probobly get over to Epping inthe next couple months.
stealth78 likes this.
Old 08-01-2017, 11:41 PM
Supporting Vendor
Southwest VTCoA Regional Member
Southwest VTCoA Regional Rep
2013 Viper Truck of The Month

Member #10675
Great numbers but honestly go to your nearest track, make a few runs, and I'll tell you exactly your hp. Dynos vary so much its crazy. To see your A/F is most important as well as data logging timing. Trap speed will tell a truer story
Those numbers reflect RC numbers on a dyno jet. A mustang would read 420 -/+ with your mods. I've done many and love Mustang for the true loading of truck similar to weight of truck on the road and mimics that resistance.

Home of the SuperSnake hoods NOW AVAILABLE! :
Venomous1 Racing Traction/Transfer Systems coming to an SRT-10 near you
Venomous1 Racing Underdrive Pulleys for Gen3 SRT-10 Viper Trucks and Coupes available now!!

** 1 OF 5 2005 SRT-10 Quad Cab Tremec T56
Equipped**
Home of the First and Fastest 6 Speed SRT10 Quad Cab...The VENOMOUS1

Your Viper Coupe and Truck go fast and appearance parts GO-TO guy!!

Last edited by VENOMOUS1 RACING; 08-01-2017 at 11:45 PM.
Old 08-02-2017, 03:49 PM
VIPER POWERED
Northeast VTCoA Regional Member

Member #13011
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flat4bo View Post
I live around lake winni. The dyno I went to is performance dyno in Loudon. I bought this truck in NY. Will probobly get over to Epping inthe next couple months.
I don't come on here nearly as much as I used to.... I sold my silver truck about a month or so ago. Post up if you are heading to the track and I'll see if I have time to meet you up there. I want to get some runs in my 08 coupe but I'll be waiting until Sept/Oct as 90* and humid doesn't typically equate to great track times.
Old 08-02-2017, 09:51 PM

Member #15933
Quote:
Originally Posted by stealth78 View Post
I don't come on here nearly as much as I used to.... I sold my silver truck about a month or so ago. Post up if you are heading to the track and I'll see if I have time to meet you up there. I want to get some runs in my 08 coupe but I'll be waiting until Sept/Oct as 90* and humid doesn't typically equate to great track times.
We are going to wait until this fall as well. Ill let you know.
Old 10-02-2017, 08:04 AM

Member #15933
I forgot to take a picture of the new slips but I picked up 10HP and my TQ stayed the same from Torries adjustments on my tune. I confirmed with the Dyno place that their dyno reads like a dynojet not a mustang.