Go Back   Dodge Ram SRT-10 Forum - Viper Truck Club of America > Dodge Ram SRT10 - Classifieds > SRT-10 Trucks and Parts For Sale
Home Forum Register FAQ Members List Social Groups Calendar Garage Mark Forums Read

SRT-10 Trucks and Parts For Sale

Mopar long tubes

This is a discussion on Mopar long tubes within the SRT-10 Trucks and Parts For Sale forums, part of the Dodge Ram SRT10 - Classifieds category!
PM sent on Cat Less Mids...

Like Tree4Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-11-2017, 11:00 PM
Almost Senior Member

Member #732
PM sent on Cat Less Mids

Billet Gas Cover Door, Billet Cargo Box Light Cover, Mopar Ram Air Induction System with Mopar Cold Air Intake System, Gibson Jet-Hot Coated Headers, Billy Boat Mid Pipes with High Flow Cats, Billy Boat Cat Backs, 170 Degree Thermostat, SCT Flashed, BBK Throttle Body, Custom JMB Fuse Box Cover, Custom JMB Radiator Cover, EBC Sport Rotors front and rear, EBC Brake Pads Front and Rear and Cal Tracs.

Old 09-12-2017, 03:41 PM
Southeast VTCoA Regional Member

Member #13686
Slightly off-topic, but Question: do you need to ceramic coat / wrap these (or any) headers for full effect? Or are you just trying to keep the exhaust temp high to help keep density low so it flows further before cooling and decreasing in volume (thus theoretically reducing pressure in the header)? What happens when it hits the rest of the non-coated / wrapped exhaust? Is it proven that you are gaining something? Just wondering. My rusty ole stock headers don't appear to have any special treatment. If it is recommended, would it help to do something to stock exhaust?
Build Number #0590, 10/15/2004, VTR-0680

Changes from stock (for my benefit, not yours):
K&N 57-Series CAI, Magnaflow Exhaust, **Owner Swap**, JTSVP 1.75" leveling blocks, OEM aluminum tonneau cover w/ 3 post wing, JTSVP underdrive pulley, hydraulic oil cooler lines.
Old 09-12-2017, 03:59 PM
Striker Heads and Cam
Canadian VTCoA Regional Member

Member #6209
The stock exhaust manifolds are cast iron, so there is no special need to coat them. Some have just for the bling factor. I coat my headers to keep things close by from melting (wiring etc. wrapped for extra protection) and for the finished look. I have never been into the wrapped look on headers. Its ok for a while, but they usually looks like hell in the long run. As far as improving scavenging, I will let an expert respond to the value of coating or wrapping headers.

Old 09-12-2017, 07:06 PM

Member #882
I have Mopar long Tube headers. When I first installed them without the ceramic coating, the underhood temperature was excessive. I do not know if it was hot enough to damage anything though. When I blew a couple of pistons, I had the headers coated. The temperature dropped dramatically under the hood. That said, I like the looks of the stainless steel headers better than the ceramic coating. Just my 2 cents...

Black '05 RC, Roe sc & meth, forged internals, Mopar Performance long tube headers and catless mids, Borla cat back, Caltracs.
Old 09-12-2017, 11:08 PM

Member #11574
Couple of you what pmd me about mids and headers please text me 7809356707 , my pms are not working properly . And I can call you back if that works .
Thanks
Old 09-13-2017, 02:19 AM
Almost Senior Member

Member #732
Mopar headers with catless mids

I just PM you back with a counter offer. I also attached my phone number for Tex.

Billet Gas Cover Door, Billet Cargo Box Light Cover, Mopar Ram Air Induction System with Mopar Cold Air Intake System, Gibson Jet-Hot Coated Headers, Billy Boat Mid Pipes with High Flow Cats, Billy Boat Cat Backs, 170 Degree Thermostat, SCT Flashed, BBK Throttle Body, Custom JMB Fuse Box Cover, Custom JMB Radiator Cover, EBC Sport Rotors front and rear, EBC Brake Pads Front and Rear and Cal Tracs.

Old 09-16-2017, 01:18 AM
You got a Hemi?
Northeast VTCoA Regional Member

Member #11927
Just you clarify:
This kit is/was mounted on a QC ?
Mids would need modification to fit a RC ?
Are the Headers a direct bolt-on on a RC or . . . ?
BR
Old 09-16-2017, 01:38 PM

Member #11574
Kit was on reg cab but fits a QC too
If you run factory exhaust yes if you have a mopar long tubes they will bolt on
Headers are direct bolt on yes , on Rc and QC .