Go Back   Dodge Ram SRT-10 Forum - Viper Truck Club of America > Dodge Ram SRT10 - Classifieds > SRT-10 Trucks and Parts For Sale
Home Forum Register FAQ Members List Social Groups Calendar Garage Mark Forums Read

SRT-10 Trucks and Parts For Sale

New Built Forged Engine w/Paxton for sale/trade. Trade for stock engine. BARGAIN!!!!!

This is a discussion on New Built Forged Engine w/Paxton for sale/trade. Trade for stock engine. BARGAIN!!!!! within the SRT-10 Trucks and Parts For Sale forums, part of the Dodge Ram SRT10 - Classifieds category!
Hey guys. I have a Newly rebuilt complete engine intake to oil pan from a 2004 Dodge Ram SRT10 that ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-05-2009, 05:31 PM
Almost Senior Member

Member #10773
Send a message via AIM to robwclark
Exclamation New Built Forged Engine w/Paxton for sale/trade. Trade for stock engine. BARGAIN!!!!!

Hey guys. I have a Newly rebuilt complete engine intake to oil pan from a 2004 Dodge Ram SRT10 that will have forged Diamond pistons I can make someone a "Deal of the Century" on. the engine should be ready in 10 to 14 days, or by Christmas anyway. Here is the reason I want to trade someone:

This engine was being built for my own personal 2006 RC. This engine is out of a 2004 RC. This engine is going to be a well done, stout setup. The engine required a .010" over bore. I am replacing the stock pistons with Roe Racing's Diamond Pistons, Pro-Select rings, and 4130 Chrome Molly pins with the factory compression. I had fully intended to use this engine in my own truck, but I will no longer need it as I have purchased a completely different powertrain for my truck. I was going to install this engine along with the Paxton & smaller pully and aim for 700 RWHP. My truck made 642 with the stock engine, stock pully.

I am now faced with installing my built engine back in the 04 truck it originally came out of. The engine originally needed to be rebuilt when I bought this truck. I now must install a built engine in a truck I am simply reselling. I sure hate to just . . . . . "Give Away" a built engine. It is very unlikely the truck will sell for any extra because of the forged engine. Matter of fact, I probably wouldnt even mention it to the buyer. Therefore, I would much rather just have a stock engine to put back in there.

The engine will be built factory spec other than the Diamond Pistons, Pro-Select rings, and 4130 Chrome Molly pins. The machinist doing the work is absolutely excellent, and has built numerous engines for us over the years. I have known him my entire life, and my dad has known him longer than that. I was born in 1976 so he has a long upstanding reputation here in Johnson County. All the work on my personal engines is performed by himself, not a half-wit employee. What I am trying say is. . . . . This will be a well machined, well built engine that will perform as it should.

Here are my proposals:

Option 1: If anyone out there has a stock engine and is planning on using nitrous or some kind of forced induction(Supercharger Paxton/Roe, or custom Turbo), I have a sweet deal. I will trade your stock engine plus $1500 for this new rebuilt engine with forged pistons. Again, I just hate to put such a sweet engine back into a stock truck I am selling.

Man, if I had come across this deal a few months ago, I would have been all over it myself, but now my engine situation has changed. So anyway, this is an awesome opportunity for someone. If someone will take me up on this offer, it will help me by reducing my costs by $1500, and help someone else get a good stout engine. The general cost to have this engine built is about $5000, and I am taking a huge loss. This is one of those rare opportunities that dont come very often.

I really dont want to mess with shipping, but I will work with anyone interested. Also, I dont want any trade-in engines that have been abused. I want a clean, issue-free engine that runs as it should.

Option 2: I still have my X-metal Paxton kit for sale. If someone is interested in the combo, I will take your stock engine & $5000 for the Paxton + Built motor.

Option 3: I will install the new built engine in YOUR truck, and install my Paxton on your truck for $6500. I will keep your old engine. This will include a basic tune. Plan on your truck being down for 3 weeks.

Option 4: If you want a VEC III computer installed I can do that plus option 3for $7500 installed/tuned. Tuning would be included. This would be a turn-key deal, and probably plan on your truck being down for 3 weeks, then return for tuning after 500 break-in miles.

If you have a QC, this may not work. I will have to ask stinker about differences. I know all 2004 to 2005 RC 6spd engines will interchange. If your engine is out of an 06 model, you must lengthen the crank sensor wire, and add knock sensors mounts, but will still interchange with very little difference.

This engine & X-Metal paxton along with the VEC properly tuned should produce minimum 625 to 650 RWHP. I made 642 RWHP with my stock engine, stock pully. If you were to upgrade the fuel system & injectors, and change the paxton pully you should see around 700 RWHP(My original goal).

This is a very unusual offer for me to make, but as many of you know, I have a very expensive powertrain coming in my personal truck. The setup I am selling here is my personal setup that I had intended to use in my own truck. I bought a completely different powertrain, and got an excellent value, so I will pass this value on to the next member. By any standards this is an absolute bargain. I consider my work very thorough, and I am as fair of a person as you will ever meet.

Call me, Robert anytime. (817)992-8068 or shoot me a PM.

Here is a link to Roes page with the pistons going in this engine:

http://www.roeracing.com/ProductCart...&idproduct=237

Robert Clark. Cleburne, TX. 2004 Ram SRT10. 2006 Body Conversion. Night Runner Wheels/headlamps. Original block now 530ci. Forged CP Pistons, Stroked Crank, Billet Mains, Crower Cam, Extensive Headwork. Twin Garrett Turbos, Water/Air Intercooler w/ Heat Exchanger. Complete Aeromotive Fuel System, Line Locks, X-Metal TB, Custom Longtube headers, Flowmaster Mufflers, Cal-Tracks. Dynojet. 93 deg on 7 lbs of boost it made 822 RWHP /856 RWT.
Old 12-05-2009, 05:42 PM
VIPER POWERED
Southwest VTCoA Regional Member

Member #2894
man i'd be all over this if i had the money someone is getting one hell of a deal
Old 12-05-2009, 05:44 PM
Boosted Venom
Canadian VTCoA Regional Rep

Member #2040
WOW!! There is one KILLER deal to be had here! Christmas is coming early for someone,Good luck with the swap!!
'05 Yellow Fever #366,Paxton Supercharger,Engine forged and built by AMS Engines in Edmonton! SCT,Mopar LT headers & catless mids w/Bassani catback,AMS wires,Viper badged,Evans waterless coolant,HTS Transmision parts & built by ACEomatic Transmisions

Tuned by Chris Jensen
chris@christuned.com
Old 12-05-2009, 05:48 PM
1800HP Club. And climbing
Canadian VTCoA Regional Member

Member #7
Send a message via MSN to SRT10VENOMOUS Send a message via Yahoo to SRT10VENOMOUS
mmmm I've got a stock engine in Toronto that I may trade you for. Let me make a call on Monday to see where the engine is and what the story is.. Until then I call dibs on the deal .. If you will wait till Monday that is.. If not good luck to the next guy in line.

Thanks,
04 SRT-10 Ram #849

04 SRT10 Ram - under construction

Old 12-05-2009, 05:56 PM
VIPER POWERED

Member #2919
ROb check your PM's i'm sending one about the paxton

Last edited by Tooloe; 12-05-2009 at 06:03 PM.
Old 12-05-2009, 06:43 PM
VIPER POWERED
Southwest VTCoA Regional Member

Member #3478
pm sent
Old 12-05-2009, 06:44 PM
VIPER POWERED
Southeast VTCoA Regional Member

Member #10712
PM sent too.
60ft: 1.72
1/8th: 7.86 @87
1/4: 12.24 @113

2006 Mineral Gray QC 590whp/573wtq
Currently under contruction
Paxton, JTSVP fully built 48re, JTSVP 2400 Stall Converter, Snow Meth kit, Twin Walbro in-tank fuel pumps. Racetronix 65lb injectors, Mopar catback, JMB catless mids, SCT by Torrie at Unleashed Tuning, BBK TB, Caltracs,
Old 12-05-2009, 06:50 PM
VIPER POWERED

Member #1320
how can you call this a built engine when you only have diamond pistons being installed,no rods or bearings?,all you did was pay 1500 for a set of pistons i would hardly call this engine "built"
Ported heads,Dual Bosch fuel pumps,80lb injectors,Ati balancer,coated Ross pistons,K1 rods,270 comp cam, hardened push rods,Crower springs Best time 11.89 - 120.67 ON STREET TIRES WORLD RECORD HOLDER(but really who cares?),WORLD RECORD HOLDER FOR THE FATEST SRT-10 OWNER 429LBS,ONLY SRT-10 OWNER OVER 400LBS IN HISTORY TO RUN IN THE 11'S (WORLD RECORD),ONLY SRT-10 OWNER OVER 400LBS WITH A FORGED ENGINE(WORLD RECORD)
WORLD RECORD HOLDER FOR THE MOST WORLD RECORDS BY AN SRT-10 OWNER
Old 12-05-2009, 07:48 PM
VIPER POWERED

Member #3621
Quote:
Originally Posted by flchub
how can you call this a built engine when you only have diamond pistons being installed,no rods or bearings?,all you did was pay 1500 for a set of pistons i would hardly call this engine "built"
Of course if that was all that was done... Maybe he left somthing out....

R.I.P Clint aka- Flchub, Chubby, Chubs, and F@cktard..... You will be missed my friend...
Old 12-05-2009, 07:58 PM
VIPER POWERED

Member #4161
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironhead
pm sent
Thought you would be in here
2009 Challenger 468ci 10.7 on motor
2010 Challenger Whippled 440ci