Go Back   Dodge Ram SRT-10 Forum - Viper Truck Club of America > Dodge Ram SRT10 - Classifieds > SRT-10 Trucks and Parts For Sale
Home Forum Register FAQ Members List Social Groups Calendar Garage Mark Forums Read

SRT-10 Trucks and Parts For Sale

Warning to VTCOA Members - Purchasing from member

This is a discussion on Warning to VTCOA Members - Purchasing from member within the SRT-10 Trucks and Parts For Sale forums, part of the Dodge Ram SRT10 - Classifieds category!
Guys, this is a serious thread. And it hurts me to no end to have to post this information here. ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-11-2008, 12:17 PM
VIPER POWERED

Member #40
Warning to VTCOA Members - Purchasing from member

Guys, this is a serious thread. And it hurts me to no end to have to post this information here. But I, and others, feel that it is necessary in order to protect all of our members.

Recently a member here made a large purchase from another member, a very large and expensive purchase. What was received was not what was sold. There is no way that this could have been a mistake, the item that was promised was no longer in the seller's possession, and hasn't been for some time.

I'm not going to go into great detail, some folks will probably be able to figure it out though. I am merely doing this to warn others if they decide to deal with this member they do so at risk. I do this in the hopes that no one else will become a victim.

The seller of the item was Blake, known here as blakewilder. Take caution if entering into any deals with this member at this time.

I don't want this thread to turn into a bashing session, in fact I won't allow that to happen. Take this as a public service type announcement, and do with this information what you may.

If the other participant in this would like to make details public here that is fine, I didn't think it was really my place to do so.

As I said, I am very hurt by all this. I considered Blake a real friend, and for me to have to post this goes against so much that I am. But I feel it needed to be done.

Once again, I hope not to see a bunch of replies bagging on either of the members involved, please do me that favor.

"If I can't be a good example then I'll just have to serve as a horrible warning."

Last edited by OCBob; 04-11-2008 at 12:19 PM.
Old 04-11-2008, 12:22 PM
VIPER POWERED

Member #2471
Thanks for keeping us informed. I don't know what the deal is, but maybe it can still be resolved?

http://www.facebook.com/BrosInArmsWAR

“The down payment for the price of freedom is paid for with the sacrifice and blood of our fallen soldiers; the balance is paid for by the lifetime mortgage that is taken out on the lives of our surviving veterans (and their families).” - Lee Alley
Old 04-11-2008, 12:22 PM
VIPER POWERED
Northeast VTCoA Regional Member

Member #828
Last post is over a year ago from the guy
06 SRT10 RC - Born 3/22/06 - Brilliant Black Pearlcoat - JTSVP oil lines, Bassani headers, JMB CAI, B&M Shifter, B&B full exhaust, Centerforce clutch, Viper hydraulic upgrade, bedrug, JMB engine kit, 180 stat, SCT tuned by Torrie, - Plate VIPR DNA
Old 04-11-2008, 12:31 PM
VIPER POWERED

Member #2471
He hasn't even been on the forum since July of last year

http://www.facebook.com/BrosInArmsWAR

“The down payment for the price of freedom is paid for with the sacrifice and blood of our fallen soldiers; the balance is paid for by the lifetime mortgage that is taken out on the lives of our surviving veterans (and their families).” - Lee Alley
Old 04-11-2008, 12:35 PM
VIPER POWERED

Member #807
Blake was before my time. But reading back it sounded like the guy was going through some real tough times and really haven't heard much from him since.

I have an idea of what happened. But it is not my place to say anything as I don't know the full story. But as sad as this is I would take this warning very serious.
Old 04-11-2008, 01:02 PM
VIPER POWERED

Member #963
I'm glad to see this thread started.This event caused alot of grief and misery for a few people.There are some really good/honest members in this club and I do not see this event as a reflection of this forum..
Old 04-11-2008, 01:18 PM
VIPER POWERED

Member #93
Interesting....
Old 04-11-2008, 01:26 PM
VIPER POWERED

Member #276
appreciate the info........
2005 Dodge Ram SRT-10 Yellow Fever #146 out of 200 , mods ? a few..... SOLD
1997 GTS - let the modding begin.
srt-10 pics : http://picasaweb.google.com/moparrac...UntitledAlbum#

Old 04-11-2008, 01:35 PM
VIPER POWERED

Member #25
Blake was around when I was around. He had a killer truck then something financially went wrong I think. There was another incident where something like this went wrong but I cant remember how it turned out.

So far, I've dealt with 3 or 4 members either buying something or selling something...never had an issue. Being we're a family it never really concerned me and thankfully turned out great.
'04 Dodge Ram SRT-10 RC red #1813 702 rwhp/667 rwtq (91 octane) - SOLD
'04 Dodge Ram SRT-10 RC red bone stock - SOLD
'03 Ford Mustang Cobra bone stock - SOLD
'01 Viper GTS - sapphire/silver stripes lightly modded (1 of 86) - SOLD
'86 Mustang LX 5.0/5-spd...NASA Camaro Mustang Challenge (CMC) series
'72 Blazer - 383 stroker, 4 inch lift, 33x12.50 BFG, black
Old 04-11-2008, 01:47 PM
VIPER POWERED

Member #40
Just to clarify things a little, the deal wasn't made at this site. The item in question was for sale on ebay and craigslist.

"If I can't be a good example then I'll just have to serve as a horrible warning."