Go Back   Dodge Ram SRT-10 Forum - Viper Truck Club of America > Off Topic > Non-Offensive
Home Forum Register FAQ Members List Social Groups Calendar Garage Mark Forums Read

Non-Offensive

Car in body shop was sold without knowledge..advice needed!

This is a discussion on Car in body shop was sold without knowledge..advice needed! within the Non-Offensive forums, part of the Off Topic category!
About 3 years ago my dad had found a 76 Vette in need of some serious work.. Over the past ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-06-2009, 07:40 PM
VIPER POWERED

Member #10497
Car in body shop was sold without knowledge..advice needed!

About 3 years ago my dad had found a 76 Vette in need of some serious work.. Over the past 3 years he has had the 350 engine in it completely reworked and chromed out, has had the car painted 50th anniversary Corvette Maroone totally redone interior and all the little nic nac parts needed.....
Over $15K has been invested and over the past year it has sat in the body shop getting little parts here and there located and put on the car...My dad has been begging him over the past several months to get it done so he can get it back over the the engine shop and get all the wires hooked up and the get the engine running...
Just today he goes there to check on it and he tells my dad he sold the car...WTF after he already gave the guy $10K for paint and body work and parts....My dad started laughing becasue he somewhat knows the guy, and thought he was joking with him...When he realized he was serious he said he got in the car and left becasue he didn't want to kill the guy and have the police called...
He said that my dad owed him more money from the interior work and that he's been calling him, that he sent him a certified letter and so forth...My dad didn't receive any because for damn sure he would have been there right away bc this car is his baby right now...Meanwhile several months back my dad was beggin the guy to get the car done and out of there...to come today and realize it's gone....
Needless to say a lawyer is getting involved and some serious lawsuits are going to be filed but in the mean time where can I go to see where and who the car was sold to...We want to notify them to keep the car in their possession because it will soon be the main focus of a lawsuit case!
An ideas where we can check?

SOLD
SCT Tune, Cat delete, K&N, Magnaflow cat-back, 2" drop, HID, SRT-10/Viper head Smoked Brake Lights(Carl ccfeyh) Kenwood Radio, Infinity Kappa perfect speakers on JL Audio e4300 amp, JL Audio 10"W3 on JL 250/1 amp
Old 10-06-2009, 07:54 PM
VIPER POWERED

Member #553
Send a message via AIM to ntw0rk
Wow! That's terrible!!

I wouldn't know where to start, but I would think the local police dept might be able to help.

I hope your dad gets his car back!

"I believe in Christianity as I believe that the sun has risen: not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else." C.S. Lewis

Old 10-06-2009, 08:01 PM
JTS VENOM SERIES SRT-10
Northeast VTCoA Regional Member
2012 Viper Truck of The Month

Member #10265
Quote:
Originally Posted by kickinassrt-10
About 3 years ago my dad had found a 76 Vette in need of some serious work.. Over the past 3 years he has had the 350 engine in it completely reworked and chromed out, has had the car painted 50th anniversary Corvette Maroone totally redone interior and all the little nic nac parts needed.....
Over $15K has been invested and over the past year it has sat in the body shop getting little parts here and there located and put on the car...My dad has been begging him over the past several months to get it done so he can get it back over the the engine shop and get all the wires hooked up and the get the engine running...
Just today he goes there to check on it and he tells my dad he sold the car...WTF after he already gave the guy $10K for paint and body work and parts....My dad started laughing becasue he somewhat knows the guy, and thought he was joking with him...When he realized he was serious he said he got in the car and left becasue he didn't want to kill the guy and have the police called...
He said that my dad owed him more money from the interior work and that he's been calling him, that he sent him a certified letter and so forth...My dad didn't receive any because for damn sure he would have been there right away bc this car is his baby right now...Meanwhile several months back my dad was beggin the guy to get the car done and out of there...to come today and realize it's gone....
Needless to say a lawyer is getting involved and some serious lawsuits are going to be filed but in the mean time where can I go to see where and who the car was sold to...We want to notify them to keep the car in their possession because it will soon be the main focus of a lawsuit case!
An ideas where we can check?

wow bud i wish you the best of luck - guy who sold it should be willing to tell you who it was sold to or pull a carfax report it will be update when the is x-fer'ed over to the new owner
2005 VENOM SERIES Dodge Ram SRT-10 Yellow Fever ED. #42 of 500 born on 09/30/04 at the 10th hr

Old 10-06-2009, 08:03 PM
Almost Senior Member
West VTCoA Regional Member

Member #10
If it was registered and INSURED call the ins company.

They will have you call the police to report it stolen and file a report.

Then that goes back to ins to also go about helping get it situated.

MINIMUM

Call the police and file a stolen car report.

SHU
Upper / Lower Control Arms
X-Metal Springs
Front / Rear Sway Bars
3" Blocks
Intake Manifold
Valve Covers
Black Powdercoated Wheels
Polyurathane Bushings ALL QA1 EBC Yellow F / Green R Mopar Computer Raptor Gibson Shorties B&B 3" Hi Flo Cats Magnaflow Snug Tob Daytona Wing K&N 170 Thermostat 5% Tint MGW LTD Red Viper Shifter Red Dash Kit
Black w/Clear Headlights Tinted Tails Reflex RED Spray-In Bedliner
Old 10-06-2009, 08:06 PM

Member #10703
were you able to find out who he sold it too? maybe look the guy up.
#127 of 3057 2004 RC-SC
1971 Duster 408 Stroker

"Not putting miles on your Ferrari is like not having sex with your Girl Friend so she'll be more desirable to her next Boy Friend."
Old 10-06-2009, 08:09 PM
VIPER POWERED
Southeast VTCoA Regional Member

Member #1397
Send a message via MSN to amtrucker22
Hmmm... What is that tv show that they always tell the owner that their car was stolen but in reality they were working on it getting everything 'pimped' out.

That would be the only positive thing that could possible come out of this...

GOOD LUCK
QC YF #285 - SOLD
QC YF #317 - SOLD
2006 GTO - SOLD
2012 JGC SRT8 -SOLD
Old 10-06-2009, 08:17 PM
VIPER POWERED

Member #31
As Tim said this is the aegis of lawyers. Let him earn his fee.

Roe Racing TSTM SC, w/Water Meth injection; Roe TB; Westech custom exhaust. Forged w/Diamond Pistons, Oliver Rods, everything Nitride coated, polished and balanced. Stinker Rear End with DTS 4:56 Detroit Locker, Cyroed gears, 35 Spline Strange Axles, Wilwood calipers and rotors, Caltracs. Sponsored by generous spouse, and Tuned by "The Viper Whisperer" Sean Roe.

John Edwards built my engine, as well as Ram From Hells' and TinyGiants'. Shouldn't he build yours?
Old 10-06-2009, 08:27 PM
VIPER POWERED

Member #436
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prof
As Tim said this is the aegis of lawyers. Let him earn his fee.
X3........this is a great place for advice on SRT10s and a lot of other subjects....but a terrible place for legal advice....all you will get is opinions and I have read some really bad ones on other threads....listen to your attorney..

2013 CHALLENGER SRT8 AUTO IN BLACK * LMI TRUE CAI * ARRINGTON STAGE II ALUM INTAKE* KW COIL OVERS * CORSA EXTREME CATBACK * MAGNAFLOW HIGH FLOW CATS * 3.23 GETRAG LSD * PARAMOUNT DOMINATOR 3800 STALL CONVERTER * SPEEDLOGIX LIGHTWEIGHT FACIA MOUNT * ARRINGTON 6.4 BASED 426 STROKER * 517 RWHP / 536 RWTQ * MODERN MUSCLE 87 MM PORTED THROTTLE BODY * COMP VVT CAM CUSTOM GRIND FOR ARRINGTON * TUNED BY THE HEMITUNER.....

Old 10-06-2009, 08:31 PM
VIPER POWERED

Member #10497
Quote:
Originally Posted by amtrucker22
Hmmm... What is that tv show that they always tell the owner that their car was stolen but in reality they were working on it getting everything 'pimped' out.

That would be the only positive thing that could possible come out of this...

GOOD LUCK
Yea it would be nice but not probable since $15k has been ivested in it so far.

I tried pulling a car fax but they require 17 character vin and the car bring a 76 only has 16 character.

There's some more to it but I told the gist of it.

Car was not insured bc it he bought it from NC and trailered it all the way home to S Fl so he's already "bonded" somewhat with the car. From there he pretty much garaged it until he found a good guy to work on it and then it sat in the body shop for years now.

We want to get info so the guy doesn't sell it who has it now since it will be main focus in law suit. The guy gave us a name but all their info
leads to no where and phone #'s disconnected.

My dad has lost faith in the legal system bc by the time it's said and done it wi be years from now and his car was 90% complete. Just needed the engine hooked up and new wheels.

The scumbag guy even lost his radiator he had with the car which was a pita to find and we he found a new one it was almost $1k. He even had original glass t-tops said to be some if the rarest parts to find for that car anymore.

SOLD
SCT Tune, Cat delete, K&N, Magnaflow cat-back, 2" drop, HID, SRT-10/Viper head Smoked Brake Lights(Carl ccfeyh) Kenwood Radio, Infinity Kappa perfect speakers on JL Audio e4300 amp, JL Audio 10"W3 on JL 250/1 amp
Old 10-06-2009, 08:34 PM
VIPER POWERED

Member #10497
Quote:
Originally Posted by TNVIPER
X3........this is a great place for advice on SRT10s and a lot of other subjects....but a terrible place for legal advice....all you will get is opinions and I have read some really bad ones on other threads....listen to your attorney..
I know my dad has a great attorney but in the mean time I'm only looking for info on a place where to find some info using the vin.

SOLD