Go Back   Dodge Ram SRT-10 Forum - Viper Truck Club of America > Off Topic > Non-Offensive
Home Forum Register FAQ Members List Social Groups Calendar Garage Mark Forums Read

Non-Offensive

I'll be competing at the NASCAR Pepsi 600 in Charlotte, NC

This is a discussion on I'll be competing at the NASCAR Pepsi 600 in Charlotte, NC within the Non-Offensive forums, part of the Off Topic category!
This Friday and Saturday (May 25th and 26th) I'll be in Charlotte, NC competing in the America's Strongest Man competition. ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-22-2007, 06:08 AM

Member #865
I'll be competing at the NASCAR Pepsi 600 in Charlotte, NC

This Friday and Saturday (May 25th and 26th) I'll be in Charlotte, NC competing in the America's Strongest Man competition. The contest is being held during the Food Lion Speed Street Festival in Uptown Charlotte in conjunction with the Nascar Pepsi 600 race. The festival has a projected attendance of 400,000 people. The festival is huge and boasts a ton of live music. Check out a few of these links about the competition and the festival; http://www.americanstrongman.org/com....asp?CompID=55 http://www.americanstrongman.org/art....asp?ArtID=211 www.600festival.com/

A little background for ya!! Last year I was on the fast track in Pro Strongman when I injured my back at the 2006 America's Strongest Man Competition. I was squatting a minivan when I set up in an awkward position with this huge amount of weight. As I was squatting I felt a lot of pain in my lower back that was later diagnosed as a disk bulge in L2 - L3. I continued to compete in the contest despite the lower back pain as I suffered a torn tendon in my left foot flipping a tire. I was able to finish the competition and only managed 5th place. I healed up, competed overseas a few times and was getting stronger then ever when in preperation for the world championship I herniated the disk that was bulging while deadlifting 805 lbs as seen in this video www.youtube.com/watch?v=lTJhhxDFuC8 I was out for months but rehabed myself and came back with a vengence. I dominated my first contest back in February of this year down in SC. I scored 69 points out of a possible 77 with the next closes competitor 13.5 points behind me with 55.5 points. This was one of two qualifiers for America's Strongest Man. Now I'm looking for redemption this year and anyone in the area should come check out the show!! It'll be awesome!!

2005 Swift Barchopper - 124" S&S V-twin with baker 6 speed 140 hp/140 lb ft!
Old 05-22-2007, 06:42 AM
VIPER POWERED

Member #233
Send a message via AIM to Kevan
Quote:
Originally Posted by lbstone
I was squatting a minivan...
Ya know, you don't see that phrase very often.

Good luck, Derek!
Is the event televised?

(BTW- Where's the video from the SC event? )
Old 05-22-2007, 07:17 AM
VIPER POWERED

Member #9
Want to arm wrestle?

Good luck to you in the up coming competition.
2005 Yellow Fever RC. #130 of 500. SOLD 1965 Superformance Cobra. 2007 Jeep SRT/8, Black
"A Proud Member of the Old Guard."
Old 05-22-2007, 07:22 AM
VIPER POWERED

Member #1251
Hey Derek. I think I threw my back out just looking at this.. get well so you can come to the next Ne GTG. Good luck!

Steve
Old 05-22-2007, 07:59 AM
VIPER POWERED

Member #416
DID PEPSI TAKE OVER? I THOUGHT IT WAS THE COCA COLA 600.
WHATEVER, YOU IN STRONGMAN COMP.IT CAN BE WHATEVER YOU WANT BIG FELLA!!HEADING UP ON FRIDAY.MAY CHECK IT OUT!!

Old 05-22-2007, 08:11 AM
VIPER POWERED

Member #31
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevan

I was thinking the same thing Kevan...kind of like saying when "Angelina Jolie finished, and got out from between my legs"...

Opps, sorry that just kinda slipped out...

Roe Racing TSTM SC, w/Water Meth injection; Roe TB; Westech custom exhaust. Forged w/Diamond Pistons, Oliver Rods, everything Nitride coated, polished and balanced. Stinker Rear End with DTS 4:56 Detroit Locker, Cyroed gears, 35 Spline Strange Axles, Wilwood calipers and rotors, Caltracs. Sponsored by generous spouse, and Tuned by "The Viper Whisperer" Sean Roe.

John Edwards built my engine, as well as Ram From Hells' and TinyGiants'. Shouldn't he build yours?
Old 05-22-2007, 09:04 AM
VIPER POWERED

Member #34
Very cool!!! Good luck in the competition
Old 05-22-2007, 09:06 AM

Member #1302
That's pretty interesting. Good luck to you.

2005 QC Black
Magnaflow
Cat-less mids
Stage II
170 T-Stat
Sirius
Shell Premium
Cal-Vue mirrors
Black XBahn Munster 22"
Wing Delete!
20% Tint

7000 donkey powers!
Old 05-22-2007, 01:18 PM

Member #865
Quote:
Originally Posted by wont grow old
DID PEPSI TAKE OVER? I THOUGHT IT WAS THE COCA COLA 600.
WHATEVER, YOU IN STRONGMAN COMP.IT CAN BE WHATEVER YOU WANT BIG FELLA!!HEADING UP ON FRIDAY.MAY CHECK IT OUT!!
My bad, it is the Coca-Cola 600!! The Strongman website had it wrong several months back and got me into the habit of calling it the Pepsi 600!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevan

Good luck, Derek!
Is the event televised?

(BTW- Where's the video from the SC event? )
I've got some video but its very shaky! My gf was yelling like crazy and filming at the same time, not a good combo!!

The old Outdoor Life Network (now called Versus) is supposed to be filming the contest but I don't know when it will air. It will probably take a few months for it to show up in their lineup. If and when I find out, I'll post something.
2005 Swift Barchopper - 124" S&S V-twin with baker 6 speed 140 hp/140 lb ft!
Old 05-22-2007, 01:19 PM
VIPER POWERED

Member #389
good luck mang. get her done!
2005 rc silver. mopar performance CAI. mopar performance headers w/cat delete pipes. mopar performance cat back. mopar performance PCM. mopar performance cam. shorty flame antenna. black honeycomb grille.
2006 jeep grand cherokee.<---the wifes ride
2009 dodge ram 1500 crew cab HEMI <----daily driver