Go Back   Dodge Ram SRT-10 Forum - Viper Truck Club of America > Off Topic > Non-Offensive
Home Forum Register FAQ Members List Social Groups Calendar Garage Mark Forums Read

Non-Offensive

Ram SRT10 world record

This is a discussion on Ram SRT10 world record within the Non-Offensive forums, part of the Off Topic category!
On Wikipedia "In February 2004, a Dodge Ram SRT-10, driven by NASCAR driver Brendan Gaughan set both the Guinness World ...

Like Tree11Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-07-2014, 11:15 PM
You got a Hemi?

Member #14194
Ram SRT10 world record

On Wikipedia "In February 2004, a Dodge Ram SRT-10, driven by NASCAR driver Brendan Gaughan set both the Guinness World Record and Sports Car Club of America's record for the world's fastest production truck[9] with an average speed of 154.587 mph (248.784 km/h). To present date it is still the Worlds fastest full size factory pickup truck. However is ranked at number two as the fastest overall production truck, too Australia's Z-series HSV Maloo R8, breaking the previous record for the world's fastest production utility/pickup truck by 22 km/h, at 271 km/h, (168 mph).[10] Note: There were a total of three trucks used to break the world speed record. Vin # 3D3HA16H44G257254 reached a top speed of 161.327 mph but was disquified because of what was considered an illegal exhaust system. 154.587 is the official speed that is used.
Note: Considering the fact that a "pickup" on a car chassis is NOT regarded as a truck worldwide, the HSV Mallo is not generally accepted worldwide as having broken the land speed record for a truck."

I have asked Guiness how the HSV Maloo is allowed to keep its designation as the fastest "truck" in the world, since its essentially a Australian El Camino. Awaiting their response.
Yellow venom likes this.

Old 02-08-2014, 04:54 AM
VIPER POWERED
Europe VTCoA Regional Member

Member #7752
Malloo is NOT a truck , period.
Yellow venom likes this.

K&N Drop-In , Belanger LT headers + High Flow cat's , Billy Boat catback , Roe SCT-Tune , Roe 170 thermostat , JTSVenom TB , JTSVenom Lowering Kit , JTSVenom Bump Steer Kit , Caltrac's , poly bushings.
Old 02-08-2014, 05:03 AM
VIPER POWERED
Southwest VTCoA Regional Member

Member #14
Send a message via AIM to Venom Power Send a message via Yahoo to Venom Power
I'm not proud of this because it's stupid and places myself and others at risk. But in November 2007 I hit 163 mph on the 610 Loop in Houston. Now, I admit it sure took considerably longer than a mile to achieve this..... And I WAS running downhill over the Houston Ship Channel bridge when that speed was achieved, but it happened and I've been talking about it ever since. Mind you, I felt like I was driving on ice by then despite my running on dry cold asphalt. I promised I would NEVER do that nonsense on public roads again. I have a snapshot of my aftermarket ///ALPINE NAV satellite speedo posted somewheres on here clocking my speed on the screen display. I was ALSO running along with some buddies on their crotch rockets and they conferred the speed. That 154 point something, something record was likely a timed deal. I don't think I would have came close to 154 point sumthin, something in a shorter distance so.....my hat's off.

'04 SRT10 PS2 Silver #1900 (4-29-04) OCT 2008 Truck of the Month
'07 SRT-8 300C Phantom Black (unmolested)
'12 Nissan Armada Jet Black on Black (family ride)
'15 392 SRT Challenger 6 spd, Pitch Black w Gun Metal Stripes
Old 02-08-2014, 08:16 AM
VIPER POWERED
Northeast VTCoA Regional Member

Member #10997
It's still our record to anyone who is intelligent. I have talked to people (mostly kid lightning owners) who tell me the lightning is the fastest they don't care what Guinness says. People will just tend to believe what is convenient for themselves I guess.

P.I.E Tuned @ www.performanceinjectionequipment.com
665hp 730tq @13#'s no meth
FOXHOLE RACING
2005 srt10 rc forged motor, roe supercharger, roe throttle body, custom jmb/Volant cai, meth injection, jtsvp coil packs, tony's venom series wires, belanger longtube headers no cats magnaflow muffler, b&m shifter, 69lb injectors, twin pump fuel system, ati super damper, caltracs, xmetal lowering kit, m&h slicks, tuned with act

Old 02-08-2014, 09:11 AM
Almost Senior Member
Northeast VTCoA Regional Member

Member #14386
Quote:
Originally Posted by fastestbrickonearth View Post
It's still our record to anyone who is intelligent. I have talked to people (mostly kid lightning owners) who tell me the lightning is the fastest they don't care what Guinness says. People will just tend to believe what is convenient for themselves I guess.
I agree with this

Wikipedia also defines a pickup truck....so I guess it all depends on how you want to see it.

Definition[edit]

Several North American vehicles, the Chevrolet El Camino, Ford Ranchero, Dodge Rampage, Honda Ridgeline and Subaru Baja have beds, but they are not usually referred to as pickups in North America, because their design and construction does not conform to normal expectations of "trucks".[citation needed] Although the El Camino and the Ranchero were built with body-on-frame architectures, they were based on existing station wagon platforms, while the Ridgeline uses a spot welded sheet steel monocoque (unibody) chassis in the same style as modern passenger cars. Trucks typically have either a tubular or channel rail chassis with a fully floating cab and separate cargo section to allow for chassis flex and prevent warping of the sheetmetal. The sheet steel in both of these sections is not a stressed member.
Old 02-08-2014, 09:30 AM
Boosted Venom
Canadian VTCoA Regional Rep

Member #2040
Quote:
Originally Posted by Venom Power View Post
I'm not proud of this because it's stupid and places myself and others at risk. But in November 2007 I hit 163 mph on the 610 Loop in Houston. Now, I admit it sure took considerably longer than a mile to achieve this..... And I WAS running downhill over the Houston Ship Channel bridge when that speed was achieved, but it happened and I've been talking about it ever since. Mind you, I felt like I was driving on ice by then despite my running on dry cold asphalt. I promised I would NEVER do that nonsense on public roads again. I have a snapshot of my aftermarket ///ALPINE NAV satellite speedo posted somewheres on here clocking my speed on the screen display. I was ALSO running along with some buddies on their crotch rockets and they conferred the speed. That 154 point something, something record was likely a timed deal. I don't think I would have came close to 154 point sumthin, something in a shorter distance so.....my hat's off.

Theres some info that your missing here on the world record,its not the top end fastest that the truck will do,these trucks can easily do over 160MPH,theres lots of us that know first hand,if you read all the info on t the record its and "AVERAGE speed" that the truck ran going arounf the track so many times,I believe it went around 3 laps and they did an average of ALL 3 laps to come up with the 154MPH,Just like NASCAR they hit say 200MPH top speed but the lap average is like 189MPH (for an example).so the world record is not the top speed these trucks can do its an average of so many laps around a track,they didn't clock it around and around till it wouldn't go no faster,just to clarify.
I agree 100% the the Australian el camino IS NOT TRUCK!! I don't even think it has a full frame to start!!,just think how fast our truck would go if we were the same weight as that el camino with no frame!,these trucks would probably be 10sec trucks off the lot!! Just my view
'05 Yellow Fever #366,Paxton Supercharger,Engine forged and built by AMS Engines in Edmonton! SCT,Mopar LT headers & catless mids w/Bassani catback,AMS wires,Viper badged,Evans waterless coolant,HTS Transmision parts & built by ACEomatic Transmisions

Tuned by Chris Jensen
chris@christuned.com
Old 02-09-2014, 02:20 PM
You got a Hemi?

Member #14194
I am very honestly presently appealing to Guinness to remove the HSV Mallo as a pickup truck, as not every country, nor every state in the USA sees the "Sport ute" as a pickup truck.
If we were to go on carrying capacity, my 1971 Olds Delta 88 was a truck, as was the 1975 Cadillac sedan deville I owned.
Yellow venom and NukeGM/Ford like this.
Old 01-13-2016, 09:53 PM
You got a Hemi?

Member #15509
My SRT10 truck

I recently found out that my glove box is signed by Brendan Gaugnan and was just wondering if I could find out if he signed it because it was one of the three trucks used to break the record. The truck that was disqualified had a different VIN number than mine so do you know if I can find out the VIN of the one he actually won with? Thanks, Ron
Old 01-13-2016, 10:03 PM
Almost Senior Member
Midwest VTCoA Regional Member

Member #12271
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sudelle13 View Post
I recently found out that my glove box is signed by Brendan Gaugnan and was just wondering if I could find out if he signed it because it was one of the three trucks used to break the record. The truck that was disqualified had a different VIN number than mine so do you know if I can find out the VIN of the one he actually won with? Thanks, Ron
That would be awesome to own on of the testing trucks. I have no idea how you would verify it though. Maybe find a way to get in touch with Brendon Gaugnan or his manager to see if they can verify it.
2004 Saleen Mustang Extreme-FOR SALE
1999 Ford Mustang Cobra convertible Saleen SA-20 clone
2006 Dodge Charger R/T "Monster SEMA car"
2007 Jeep SRT8 -SOLD
2002 Big Dog Pitbull - SOLD
2005 Saleen Mustang SC-281. Barricade replica-SOLD
2011 Ram Express. Stacey David/Gearz TV Drag-N-Wagon build.
2006 Saleen Mustang Extreme-FOR SALE
2012 Ford FX2 ProCharged
2007 Saleen Mustang SC-281-SOLD
2005 Ram SRT-10 CE #43-SOLD
2005 Ram SRT-10 QC-SOLD
1979 Dodge Lil Red Express
1969 Plymouth Roadrunner
Old 01-13-2016, 10:50 PM
Administrator

Member #29
The one that was the record setter was stolen and totaled...

hmmmm where did I put that VIN...