Go Back   Dodge Ram SRT-10 Forum - Viper Truck Club of America > Main Forum > Forum Requests
Home Forum Register FAQ Members List Social Groups Calendar Garage Mark Forums Read

Forum Requests

ECB Problem

This is a discussion on ECB Problem within the Forum Requests forums, part of the Main Forum category!
Hi fellow Viper Truck Owners. My 2005 Quad cab will randomly hesitatate and stall out. If it sits for awhile, ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-16-2018, 02:34 PM
You got a Hemi?

Member #12124
ECB Problem

Hi fellow Viper Truck Owners. My 2005 Quad cab will randomly hesitatate and stall out. If it sits for awhile, it will restart, but will randomly repeat the problem. It was at Dodge Service twice and they said that they could not get it to stall nor was there any code indicators on their diagnostics. So I took it to a private tech who believes The ECB computer board is bad. He purchased a reconditioned board from a company in south Florida but after it was installed, the random stalling continued. The company took the board back and my old board is back in the truck. My tech is looking for another company who may have a board or can help. Is there any owners who have had this problem? Is there a reputable company who can help? Thanks. George.

Old 04-16-2018, 05:10 PM
Southwest VTCoA Regional Member

Member #15103
Has your mechanic considered your Fuel Pump? Sounds like it could be trash in your Gas tank.. Your Pump sucks up the fuel with the trash in it, it clogs your pick-up screen, then stalls out. Once the trash has settled back to the bottom of the tank, it will fire up and run long enough until clogged again.
Have you run your tank to nearly empty recently? That can sometimes stir up the trash that accumulates in the bottom of your tank..
Could also be a weak fuel pump itself I would think. Next time it fails or stalls, check your fuel pump pressure.
Old 04-16-2018, 08:09 PM
You got a Hemi?

Member #12124
Thanks Buddy C I will forward this to him.
Old 04-16-2018, 08:11 PM
You got a Hemi?

Member #12124
Thanks I will look at it
Old 04-17-2018, 08:56 AM

Member #14634
Any engine codes?

How about putting a data logger on and monitoring a few parameters. might see something just before stalling. maybe low fuel pressure?
Old 04-19-2018, 09:43 AM
Has Left the Room - Banned from VTCOA!
Southwest VTCoA Regional Member
Southwest VTCoA Regional Rep
2013 Viper Truck of The Month

Member #10675
Quote:
Originally Posted by punishr View Post
Hi fellow Viper Truck Owners. My 2005 Quad cab will randomly hesitatate and stall out. If it sits for awhile, it will restart, but will randomly repeat the problem. It was at Dodge Service twice and they said that they could not get it to stall nor was there any code indicators on their diagnostics. So I took it to a private tech who believes The ECB computer board is bad. He purchased a reconditioned board from a company in south Florida but after it was installed, the random stalling continued. The company took the board back and my old board is back in the truck. My tech is looking for another company who may have a board or can help. Is there any owners who have had this problem? Is there a reputable company who can help? Thanks. George.
Send it to me in Texas and I'll get it right. Dealers know shit about these trucks and simply throw parts at it.
Old 04-19-2018, 03:16 PM

Member #18271
If your loosing all power check hot and ground cables from battery. Just throwing that out there.