Go Back   Dodge Ram SRT-10 Forum - Viper Truck Club of America > VTCOA Supporting Vendors > JTS Venom Performance
Home Forum Register FAQ Members List Social Groups Calendar Garage Mark Forums Read

JTS Venom Performance

My Truck

This is a discussion on My Truck within the JTS Venom Performance forums, part of the VTCOA Supporting Vendors category!
Well, it looks like something caused the other thread on my truck to be closed. I also see that Tony ...

Like Tree3Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-10-2013, 09:13 AM
VIPER POWERED
Southeast VTCoA Regional Member
2012 Viper Truck of The Month

Member #69
My Truck

Well, it looks like something caused the other thread on my truck to be closed. I also see that Tony posted some specifics on what he installed.

There's probably not a lot more I can say, other than I'm anxious to get to the track. I've run the 1/4 mile many times with previous trucks, and it's ironic that I have had the black truck the longest, and never had it down the 1320. Unfortunatley, there are a couple of things that will delay this from happeining.

I'm taking it back to the body shop today. As some of you know, I had the entire truck repainted last year. Well we've noticed that in some areas, the clear did something strange. It seems to have a duller finish. Most don't notice, but my painter and I do. So he wants to get it in, and first wet sand and buff. If that doesn't give the desired results, he wants to repaint the entire truck; which I'm not opposed too. So that will obviously take some time.

When I get it back from him, I've got to address 2 of the "Not Ready" codes that are present when trying to get the truck inspected. It looks like I've got to go through some "drive cycles" to resolve this problem. The real issue is that the inspection currently on the truck went out in July of last year. So if I get pulled over before I get inspected, it should generate an interesting conversation with the trooper.

The last thing is that I have got to get my calipers ground down, so I can fit a set of slicks. I wish I could ride around with slicks all the time, because the truck is absolutely useless in first and second gear. I'm hoping that a new set of KDW's will help.

As for the track, based on what I know about vehicles, hp, track conditions, and just simply how the truck feels, I'm hopeful to see an 11.XX. I'll make sure to video the runs, and if it only runs a 13, that's what I will post. I love my HP number, but I know enough that many things affect a run, and that my 586 number does'nt guarantee anything at the track. I would much rather say that my truck made 499 but ran an 11.99. We'll see.

A couple of other things I want to mention; one being the airbags. I think almost everyone over the years has complained about their lowered QC bottoming out (in the rear) if you were carring a load, or hit a dip. My truck was no different. I loved the lowered look, but I didn't want the truck to look lower in the back if I was carrying passengers or heavy luggage. The bags that Tony installed work perfectly. I think they are from Air Ride, and I believe were $300-$400. They come with a compressor that inflates to 120psi, and a remote to adjust the pressure. So if necessary, I just push a button to get the desired height in the rear. The only drawback I've noticed is that the truck doesn't handle as tight when the bags are filled. The rear end feels a little looser. So it's just best to deplete the air out of the system if you don't need it.

The other thing that will probably never get mentioned unless I do it, are all the "extra's" that Tony put on, that he didn't apply a charge. I don't say this to make Tony look good, but rather to give recognition for something that I view as "above and beyond". I would do this for any vendor that did something similar. First, he put LED lights in the bed. He knew this was probably something I would'nt take it upon my self to do. It makes a tremendous difference at night. I have no idea how much time and effort were involved, but he didn't charge me. I have new black braided lines everywere...no charge. He made billet overflow tanks; removing the ugly stock jugs...no charge. He detailed the underside and engine compartment better than I ever have (for those of you that know me, you probably find that hard to believe)...no charge. So at the end of the day, I got more than I expected.

The only thing that I intend to change is the exhaust. Currently I have B&B headers, mated to B&B 3" mids with MBS hi flow cats, but connected to 2 1/2" MBRP piping and 2 individual long cylinder Magnaflow mufflers. The rumble at idle is phenominal. The sound at WOT however is very high pitched, and I thinks it's primarily a result of the flow restriction ( 3" to 2 1/2"). So I will ultimately go all B&B.

The only other downside....did I mention that first and second gear are useless?

2014 Viper GTS Carbon Edition #7 of 50
2005 Red SRT10 Ram RC - Sold
2005 Black SRT10 Ram QC (601rwhp/578trq - NA) - Sold
2005 Silver SRT10 Ram QC - Sold
Old 03-10-2013, 11:21 AM
Administrator

Member #29
The Vendor closed the thread, I left it that way after cleaning it up.
Old 03-10-2013, 03:54 PM
VIPER POWERED
Europe VTCoA Regional Member

Member #7752
very nice work that Tony did...
i also bought the airbags and remote from Tony.
works great ! ! !

question , u still got auto transmission ?

K&N Drop-In , Belanger LT headers + High Flow cat's , Billy Boat catback , Roe SCT-Tune , Roe 170 thermostat , JTSVenom TB , JTSVenom Lowering Kit , JTSVenom Bump Steer Kit , Caltrac's , poly bushings.
Old 03-10-2013, 05:44 PM
Southeast VTCoA Regional Rep

Member #13801
That's awesome good to see people still doing the little extras
DOWURKSON VTR-1398 VTR-2006-0454 Build Number: #601 of Build Date: 12/7/2005 10:00:00 AM RC PRHA Inferno Red Crystal Mileage

Best stock time 13.3 @ 106
Best NX time on stock rims/tires 12.367 @ 117.09

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S-oDFyATHII

Last edited by DOWURKSON; 03-10-2013 at 05:45 PM. Reason: damn auto correct
Old 03-10-2013, 05:47 PM
VIPER POWERED
Southwest VTCoA Regional Rep

Member #1557
My Truck

Sweet ride the tq curve is kinda week though

Sent from my iPhone 6 while driving 100 mph on a dirt road
Old 03-10-2013, 06:13 PM
VIPER POWERED

Member #69
Quote:
Originally Posted by 505'sFastestViper. View Post
Sweet ride the tq curve is kinda week though

The first 330' should tell us if that is a false reading.

Old 03-10-2013, 06:15 PM
VIPER POWERED

Member #69
Just dropped her off at the body shop.....this may take a while.

Old 03-10-2013, 06:19 PM
VIPER POWERED
Southwest VTCoA Regional Rep

Member #1557
My Truck

Track time!!!!

Old 03-10-2013, 07:28 PM
VIPER POWERED
Southwest VTCoA Regional Member

Member #2894
I would've went to the track before getting it painted
mopar-or-no-car likes this.
Old 03-10-2013, 07:34 PM
VIPER POWERED
West VTCoA Regional Member

Member #12419
Quote:
Originally Posted by ARRESTmeRed04 View Post
I would've went to the track before getting it painted
I had that thought too. But, I know people who are exactly the opposite, they don't even consider driving a vehicle until its 100% perfect. Think if it as the exact opposite of the ratrod, run what you brung, mentality.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ARRESTmeRed04 View Post
This has to be a sick joke