Go Back   Dodge Ram SRT-10 Forum - Viper Truck Club of America > Off Topic > Other Vehicles
Home Forum Register FAQ Members List Social Groups Calendar Garage Mark Forums Read

Other Vehicles

Traded in the Camaro

This is a discussion on Traded in the Camaro within the Other Vehicles forums, part of the Off Topic category!
About a year ago, the same day I got my truck, my wife saw a black Camaro on the lot ...

Like Tree1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-16-2013, 01:37 PM
VIPER POWERED
Southwest VTCoA Regional Member

Member #13300
Traded in the Camaro

About a year ago, the same day I got my truck, my wife saw a black Camaro on the lot and traded in her Avalanche on it.

Name:  2012-05-10 18.14.37.jpg
Views: 256
Size:  99.9 KB

It was the base model V6, and no matter what me or the salesman said, she wouldnt go for the SS. I tried and tried and tried to tell her that if your gonna buy a sports car, at least get the V8. She wouldnt budge, something about gas mileage blah blah. So I was all about my truck and pretty much ignored the Camaro for a while. Then I started doing little things to it here and there, rims and tires, exhaust, intake, misc little stuff. I tried to like the Camaro, I wanted to like it. But it just wasnt there, not only because of the V6 which actually surprised me a little bit (over 300hp stock) but just the car itself. Cramped, small, HUGE blind spots, not very comfortable on trips. The only thing it had going for it was looks:

img_0721.jpg

So eventually I even got my wife to hate it, after all it was a royal pain in the ass to get a baby in and out of. SO now that I got the wife on the bandwagon, I started looking for something a little more family friendly. I went by a local dealership that had just taken in a 2008 Envoy on a trade. It had 40xxx miles on it and it was CHEAP. Im talking like it must have had no motor, no trans cheap. So I inquired. Apparently a woman whos husband had just departed just wanted to get rid of it because it reminded her of him every time she saw it. Sad story, but I was still curious. Test drove it, carfaxed it, gave it a good once over, and it wasnt even a question. Camaro was gone and this was the new ride:

img_1274.jpg

Im really happy with it. It has an inline 6 thats quicker than I thought it would be, and it has all the wood grain, leather, buttons for everything luxury that was very inviting after that lame ass Camaro. Only question is, should I leave this one alone? It has this crazy intake thats more like a puzzle that anything. Anybody mess with one of these? Known problems? I havent jumped on their forums yet, hoping I wont have to. Only plans so far is to strip that chrome junk off the side and get some TBSS wheels. Thanks in advance for any info.

Last edited by VenomTruck; 04-16-2013 at 01:39 PM.
Old 04-16-2013, 01:59 PM
VIPER POWERED
Southeast VTCoA Regional Member

Member #2161
Send a message via Yahoo to trussman
Wifes cousin has one. Oil drain is at the front. Hers has a sliding roof and a rear windo behind the back seat that is suppose to go up and down and messes up constantly. Speedo cluster went out on her bout 2 yrs ago but that was cheese. Other than that she drives it without checking anything like most women and it's still rollin
Old 04-16-2013, 02:25 PM
VIPER POWERED

Member #13300
SOunds like she has the big one with third row seating. Ours doesnt have the sliding roof.
Old 04-16-2013, 02:28 PM
VIPER POWERED

Member #2161
Send a message via Yahoo to trussman
Quote:
Originally Posted by VenomTruck View Post
SOunds like she has the big one with third row seating. Ours doesnt have the sliding roof.
Yeh it has alot of chrome too. Reminds me of a hurse(sp?) The reg sized ones look fine but that long one definately reminds me of death.
Old 04-16-2013, 02:30 PM
VIPER POWERED

Member #13300
Quote:
Originally Posted by trussman View Post
Yeh it has alot of chrome too. Reminds me of a hurse(sp?) The reg sized ones look fine but that long one definately reminds me of death.
Haha, yea I really dont like those long ones, and all that chrome has to go, at least on mine.
Old 04-16-2013, 02:35 PM
VIPER POWERED

Member #13300
Here is a trailblazer with the same look I am going for, not sure on the rim color yet, maybe silver or gunmetal, not chrome. But basically all molding removed, lowered, and trailblazer ss rims. HID kit and a bunch of little stuff also.

2009-chevrolet-trailblazer.jpg
Old 04-16-2013, 02:49 PM
VTCoA Ring Leader
Northeast VTCoA Regional Rep

Member #13138
My parents are on their second Envoy. We have never had any major service issues with either of them. The current one is an 04 with 96k on it. Both of them seem to go through brakes pretty regularly, but other than normal maintenance they were both pretty solid vehicles.
VenomTruck likes this.
My YouTube channel:

http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCEsMsFATkTJq3k-BM26PfAg

Follow me on Twitter and Instagram: Andysavakinas

#1357 of 3057 2004 Dodge Ram SRT-10 SOLD!
#2718 of 3057 2004 Dodge Ram SRT-10
#0851 2006 Dodge Ram SRT-10 RC SOLD!
#292 of 3057 2004 Dodge Ram SRT-10 SOLD!

THE FORMER BUMP KING

i love the cognac interior of the gen1/gen2 viper. if i could do it to my 10, i would!
Old 04-16-2013, 02:56 PM
VIPER POWERED

Member #13300
Awesome. GMC makes a good truck, sounds like I got pretty lucky here.
Old 04-16-2013, 03:59 PM
Almost Senior Member

Member #13453
Quote:
Originally Posted by VenomTruck View Post
Here is a trailblazer with the same look I am going for, not sure on the rim color yet, maybe silver or gunmetal, not chrome. But basically all molding removed, lowered, and trailblazer ss rims. HID kit and a bunch of little stuff also.

Attachment 51190

Are you seriously considering modding that?
Old 04-16-2013, 04:04 PM
VIPER POWERED

Member #13300
Quote:
Originally Posted by moparviper View Post
Are you seriously considering modding that?
Just aesthetically. Im not going to try and make it fast if that is what you're asking.

edit* The pic that you quoted is what Im aiming for…thats not my truck.