Go Back   Dodge Ram SRT-10 Forum - Viper Truck Club of America > Viper Truck SRT-10 Discussion > General Discussion
Home Forum Register FAQ Members List Social Groups Calendar Garage Mark Forums Read

General Discussion

About to sell my truck, somone talk me out of it?

This is a discussion on About to sell my truck, somone talk me out of it? within the General Discussion forums, part of the Viper Truck SRT-10 Discussion category!
Ok so I kind of went out and bought my truck spur of the moment. I found one of the ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-09-2007, 10:08 AM

Member #1543
About to sell my truck, somone talk me out of it?

Ok so I kind of went out and bought my truck spur of the moment. I found one of the last new QC's it was the color I wanted and I got what I thought at the time was a great deal 12k off msrp 0% for 72months. Now here it is 6 months in to owning the truck and it is really starting to piss me off. I have roughly 11k miles on the truck, the front tires are cupping like crazy, the turning radius of the truck is about the same as a school bus and the thing is an absolute turd. I bought the truck because I thought it would be just a blast to drive, I figured at truck with 500hp would pretty much blow the tires away and atleast be fun from stop light to stop light, however this thing won't even think about breaking the tires loose ever, and its slower than pretty much any diesel out there with a programer.

Is there somthing I am missing here? is my truck just slower than the rest of them? I see all the time people saying they are running low 13's high 12's in basicly stock trucks. My srt8 ran a 13.2 and it puts 20+ cars on my truck in a race. There has to be some hope I would think?

I have been trying to hold out for the diablo, hoping that maybe a tune would be the switch that made the truck go from boring to blast but it seems it keeps getting delayed over and over. I am starting to think it is time to just take the 10k hit in the shorts and move on.

Somone help me out here!!

Old 09-09-2007, 10:16 AM

Member #1750
call dcperformenc and get the pc up grad stage 2 it will make the truck like it should be
Old 09-09-2007, 10:21 AM
VIPER POWERED

Member #1251
Youn have to get a flash and take away the factory restrictions (torque management) that was put there to save the transmission. You will get other benifits as well

Steve
Old 09-09-2007, 10:44 AM
VIPER POWERED
Southwest VTCoA Regional Member

Member #278
you def need to flash that truck.
Old 09-09-2007, 12:34 PM
VIPER POWERED
Southeast VTCoA Regional Member

Member #215
yea get the stage 2 flash,a 170 t-stat,and JMBs cold air intake.did all that to my truck,now she is a beast have to watch it because it will smoke the tires very easy.
red qc born may 25,2005 11th hour. bedrug. billet seat levers. billet door pins. billet gas door cover. viper hitch cover. billet flame third brake light cover. egr headlight covers. Jmb cai.Jmb hard radiator pipes.Jmb t-stat housing.Jmb catch can.465 rwhp an 510 rwtq on 55 shot of nos
Old 09-09-2007, 01:22 PM
Almost Senior Member

Member #1055
Rotate and balance your tires every 5000 miles, and have the alignment at least checked, this will take care of your cupping.
2004 RC Silver #1044 - Sold
2009 Challenger R/T - Sold
2011 Camaro SS
Old 09-09-2007, 01:34 PM

Member #648
well I just traded in my truck and I have no regrets, but I do think that before you trade it in you should spend the money to flash it and get rid of the cats. You should have did some reasearch before you bought it because every one knows that QC are slow in stock form,,,, and why worry about the tires , Perrellies are shit anyway. Or trade it in on a RC and "master" the stick and you will be beating just about anything that tries to run you on the street.

I say give youre truck a chance to prove to you its a bad ass machine,,it just needs a little jump
Old 09-09-2007, 01:40 PM
VIPER POWERED

Member #76
Since you hate it so much, I'll give you 25,000.00 for it

Old 09-09-2007, 01:44 PM
VIPER POWERED

Member #963
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brat
yea get the stage 2 flash,a 170 t-stat,and JMBs cold air intake.did all that to my truck,now she is a beast have to watch it because it will smoke the tires very easy.

Old 09-09-2007, 02:08 PM
VIPER POWERED
Southeast VTCoA Regional Member
2012 Viper Truck of The Month

Member #69
Read my sig and start ordering!!!!

2014 Viper GTS Carbon Edition #7 of 50
2005 Red SRT10 Ram RC - Sold
2005 Black SRT10 Ram QC (601rwhp/578trq - NA) - Sold
2005 Silver SRT10 Ram QC - Sold