Go Back   Dodge Ram SRT-10 Forum - Viper Truck Club of America > Viper Truck SRT-10 Discussion > General Discussion
Home Forum Register FAQ Members List Social Groups Calendar Garage Mark Forums Read

General Discussion

Bbk tb sticking

This is a discussion on Bbk tb sticking within the General Discussion forums, part of the Viper Truck SRT-10 Discussion category!
Well I didn't disconnect the battery , but I disconnected the pcm(all3) the tps,iac, & iat, waited about half hour ...

Like Tree1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-22-2017, 11:30 PM

Member #16573
Well I didn't disconnect the battery , but I disconnected the pcm(all3) the tps,iac, & iat, waited about half hour while I ran and grabbed some beer, and plugged everything back up and I turned the key on and did the pedal thing 3 times, started it and let it idle for about 5 minutes , but since I was drinking I didn't want to drive it so we will see how it does tomorrow

Old 06-23-2017, 08:39 AM

Member #14634
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver05 View Post
I have another dodge, trust me twisting the plunger will screw it up !
Quote:
Originally Posted by earl lee View Post
Yeah, never pull or push on that plunger on the iAC, once you do that thing its toast and you'll need a new one period.

Who wants to tell JTSVP his instructions that come with his throttle body is wrong.

Here is an older post where he explains the process. He also states in one of the posts, that this process is in his instructions.

"How To" reset idle after installing aftermarket TB - Dodge Ram SRT-10 Forum
Old 06-23-2017, 09:57 AM
Almost Senior Member

Member #373
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kopack_05 View Post
Who wants to tell JTSVP his instructions that come with his throttle body is wrong.

Here is an older post where he explains the process. He also states in one of the posts, that this process is in his instructions.

"How To" reset idle after installing aftermarket TB - Dodge Ram SRT-10 Forum
OP isnt using a JTS TB though. I still dont recommend that as you can strip the gear in the IAC by pulling it. Ive destroyed one doing that. It would no longer retract back in.

OP what rpms is your idle sticking at? I have a BBK and mine was sticking at 1200 rpm occasionally. I changed out the IAC and TPS at the same time and adjusted the TB screw on the BBK (its on the driverside where the linkange connects uses a T15 torx, turned it clockwise just a lil). Sticky throttle is gone now.
Old 06-23-2017, 11:51 AM

Member #16573
I'm trying to upload a video, but it varies, sometimes at 1200 others at 2k
Video:

Last edited by Silver05; 06-23-2017 at 11:55 AM.
Old 06-23-2017, 11:53 AM

Member #16573
And just to update after doing all that, this morning it was still the same thing
Old 06-23-2017, 04:31 PM
Almost Senior Member

Member #373
Quote:
And just to update after doing all that, this morning it was still the same thing
What all did you do, there have been few suggestions. Do you still have your stock throttle body?
Old 06-23-2017, 05:23 PM

Member #16573
I do , and when reinstall it I have no issues
Old 06-23-2017, 05:54 PM
Twin Turbo, Forged
Canadian VTCoA Regional Member

Member #2340
I have the same issue with my BBK. this was my reply.

"Hello Norbert
BBK parts are covered by a one year warranty
If your purchase was within one year – please reply to this email with a copy of the purchase receipt – we will then issue the RMA information to you
To return the item for inspection and repair
If you item does not fall into the warranty period please send us photos of the issue so we can offer some advice as to a fix

Thanks

Tim Gilpin

tgilpin@bbkperformance.com"

I purchased mine used....... The spring is weak and needs replacing but the throttle body is outside of warranty . They say they may offer "ADVICE as to a fix"

#993 04 blk RC 4.56 gears,Harland Sharp Rockers,3/8" Hardened pushrods PSI valve Springs,,striker Valve Cover spacers, JMB catless mids,Magnaflow catback, Torries' tune,Vec 2,B&M Shifter,Stinker's extreme lowering kit, Caltracs,catchcan, Forged Wiseco Pistons,Molnar Rods, Clevite bearings.Center Force Clutch,Cometics Head Gaskets,ARP head Studs , Pioneer X950BH Double Din touch screen with Nav , Grants Steering Wheel .And the list continues......

Last edited by Slitherbeast; 06-23-2017 at 05:58 PM.
Old 06-23-2017, 06:16 PM

Member #15695
Quote:
I'm trying to upload a video, but it varies, sometimes at 1200 others at 2k
Upload video to youtube and post a link. Photobucket is terrible for videos..
Old 06-23-2017, 08:13 PM

Member #15071
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slitherbeast View Post
I have the same issue with my BBK. this was my reply.

"Hello Norbert
BBK parts are covered by a one year warranty
If your purchase was within one year please reply to this email with a copy of the purchase receipt we will then issue the RMA information to you
To return the item for inspection and repair
If you item does not fall into the warranty period please send us photos of the issue so we can offer some advice as to a fix

Thanks

Tim Gilpin

tgilpin@bbkperformance.com"

I purchased mine used....... The spring is weak and needs replacing but the throttle body is outside of warranty . They say they may offer "ADVICE as to a fix"
Can you just get a new spring from them? Or are you saying the bbk spring is week in general?