Go Back   Dodge Ram SRT-10 Forum - Viper Truck Club of America > Viper Truck SRT-10 Discussion > General Discussion
Home Forum Register FAQ Members List Social Groups Calendar Garage Mark Forums Read

General Discussion

Compression Test Results. Variance is too high?

This is a discussion on Compression Test Results. Variance is too high? within the General Discussion forums, part of the Viper Truck SRT-10 Discussion category!
Originally Posted by Voodoo do a leak test, that will tell you what u want to know I forgot, how ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-13-2009, 07:55 AM
Almost Senior Member

Member #10773
Send a message via AIM to robwclark
Quote:
Originally Posted by Voodoo
do a leak test, that will tell you what u want to know
I forgot, how do you do a leak down test. Where do you get the leak down gauge? Thanks

Robert Clark. Cleburne, TX. 2004 Ram SRT10. 2006 Body Conversion. Night Runner Wheels/headlamps. Original block now 530ci. Forged CP Pistons, Stroked Crank, Billet Mains, Crower Cam, Extensive Headwork. Twin Garrett Turbos, Water/Air Intercooler w/ Heat Exchanger. Complete Aeromotive Fuel System, Line Locks, X-Metal TB, Custom Longtube headers, Flowmaster Mufflers, Cal-Tracks. Dynojet. 93 deg on 7 lbs of boost it made 822 RWHP /856 RWT.
Old 07-13-2009, 01:50 PM
VIPER POWERED
Southwest VTCoA Regional Member

Member #1281
Harbor freight has the leak down kit. Cheap, price and quality.

just like a compression test but you end on the compression stroke and watch the gauges, one has a ck vlv the other doesn't this checks how much your cylinder leaks over a givin time....

As Voodoo, Prof, Ronnie will tell you it's the only way to really see the engine. You could buy a scope and take a peak at the pistons and valves.
Old 07-14-2009, 04:08 AM

Member #1535
I got mine from Jegs. http://www.jegs.com/i/JEGS/555/80520/10002/-1
93 454SS Kenne Bell 2.4L supercharged ,2002 Lightning Whipple 3.4L supercharged, 2006 QC Night Runner(Borla, BBK, K&N diesel, stage 2 flash ECM, 170 thermostat ,wing delete mod) ,95 2dr Tahoe 4WD Whipple 2.2L supercharged ,79 Tenth Anniversary Trans Am (400,4spd)53,000 miles, 63 Impala(21,000 orig. miles), 95 Banshee (Built)
Old 07-14-2009, 04:18 AM
VIPER POWERED

Member #31
Jay makes a good point, see if someone will lend you their scope...a look at the top of your pistons would be good info at this point...if it looks like a diamond mine, you have problems...

Roe Racing TSTM SC, w/Water Meth injection; Roe TB; Westech custom exhaust. Forged w/Diamond Pistons, Oliver Rods, everything Nitride coated, polished and balanced. Stinker Rear End with DTS 4:56 Detroit Locker, Cyroed gears, 35 Spline Strange Axles, Wilwood calipers and rotors, Caltracs. Sponsored by generous spouse, and Tuned by "The Viper Whisperer" Sean Roe.

John Edwards built my engine, as well as Ram From Hells' and TinyGiants'. Shouldn't he build yours?