Go Back   Dodge Ram SRT-10 Forum - Viper Truck Club of America > Viper Truck SRT-10 Discussion > General Discussion
Home Forum Register FAQ Members List Social Groups Calendar Garage Mark Forums Read

General Discussion

Computer issue

This is a discussion on Computer issue within the General Discussion forums, part of the Viper Truck SRT-10 Discussion category!
2006 srt10 ac fans stopped working last week and practically overheated. Took it to Dodge dealership. They cant get a ...

Like Tree9Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-23-2017, 05:47 PM

Member #13618
Computer issue

2006 srt10 ac fans stopped working last week and practically overheated. Took it to Dodge dealership. They cant get a read from the computer as to what is wrong. Any ideas!

Old 05-23-2017, 07:52 PM
Administrator

Member #29
How's the steering?
Old 05-24-2017, 11:13 AM
Twin Turbo, Forged
Canadian VTCoA Regional Member

Member #2340
Quote:
Originally Posted by ViperJeff View Post
How's the steering?
The coolant fan is powered by hydraulic fluid from the power steering pump. Has there been any work on the cooling system or power steering system lately? Make sure the switch is connected.... might be air locked. check power steering fluid level and coolant fluid level.......

#993 04 blk RC 4.56 gears,Harland Sharp Rockers,3/8" Hardened Pushrods, PSI Valve Springs,,Striker Valve Cover Spacers, JMB catless mids,Magnaflow Catback, Torries' Tune,B&M Shifter,Stinker's Extreme Lowering Kit, Caltracs,Catchcan, Forged Wiseco Pistons,Molnar Rods, Clevite Bearings.Center Force Clutch,Cometics Head Gaskets,ARP Head Studs , Pioneer X950BH Double Din , Grants Steering Wheel .And the list continues......
Old 05-25-2017, 12:50 AM
VIPER POWERED
Southwest VTCoA Regional Member

Member #13578
Everybody here just told me to drive faster when mine started heated up. More air flow don't ya know.

Belanger headers, 3Ē aluminized pipe w/VX series mufflers, Venomous UD pulley, K&N FIPK Cold Air Kit, Roe Racing Throttle Body, MSD plug wires, Venomous Racing 2400 torque converter, HTS Valve Body and shift kit, SCT tuned by Chris Jensen and DR VIPER at Venomous Racing.
Old 06-01-2017, 11:32 AM

Member #13618
Was told it was the TIPM. None available. Chrysler discontinued as usual. BBA Reman could not repair. Appears I am screwed.
Old 06-01-2017, 11:50 AM

Member #12028
I had the same problem with my truck except it was fuel pump shutting down. I found me a damn good mechanic and for the whole wiring schematics for our year trucks and he figured out the wiring and in a professional way he cut wires going to the fuse box(TIPM) and installed an external relay just for my fuel pump.
Old 06-07-2017, 02:47 PM

Member #13618
Truck is now at dealership 3 weeks. No cure for the TIPM as of yet. Can anyone help me! It's an 06 with only 28K miles. Shame to have to give up on it.
Old 06-08-2017, 01:41 AM

Member #12028
I'm serious external relays is the only fix so far.
Old 06-08-2017, 08:41 AM
VTCoA Ring Leader
Northeast VTCoA Regional Rep

Member #13138
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobby S View Post
Truck is now at dealership 3 weeks. No cure for the TIPM as of yet. Can anyone help me! It's an 06 with only 28K miles. Shame to have to give up on it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrailMix View Post
I'm serious external relays is the only fix so far.
You are going to have to get creative as trailmix said. They even have a recall on the newer grand Cherokees to relocate the fuel pump relay out of the tipm because of the internal relay failing. The dealership will most likely not do this but most anyone with some electrical knowledge and a wiring diagram / connector pinout can make this repair. I do have access to the wiring diagram and connector pinouts if you need a copy, or if you want to bring it out to PA I'll make the repair for you.
TrailMix likes this.
My YouTube channel:

http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCEsMsFATkTJq3k-BM26PfAg

Follow me on Twitter and Instagram: Andysavakinas

#1357 of 3057 2004 Dodge Ram SRT-10 SOLD!
#2718 of 3057 2004 Dodge Ram SRT-10
#0851 2006 Dodge Ram SRT-10 RC SOLD!
#292 of 3057 2004 Dodge Ram SRT-10 SOLD!

THE FORMER BUMP KING

i love the cognac interior of the gen1/gen2 viper. if i could do it to my 10, i would!
Old 06-09-2017, 12:25 AM

Member #2791
Three points;

1. The Fan isnt controlled by the TIPM in the first damn place.

2. The Fan is Hydraulic and PCM controlled via a PWM signal. A relay ain't gonna do it guys.

3. I spoke to this customer. From the sounds of it, this is an an instrumentation failure, an issue with the cluster, or a communication pass-through problem. None of those a "bypassable" issues.

To boil it down, its a complicated issue, and without the vehicle in hand, there is no way to tell if the dealership is even remotely correct on the TIPM diagnosis. There are FOUR modules involved with the passage of engine information.
rbabody likes this.