Go Back   Dodge Ram SRT-10 Forum - Viper Truck Club of America > Viper Truck SRT-10 Discussion > General Discussion
Home Forum Register FAQ Members List Social Groups Calendar Garage Mark Forums Read

General Discussion

Front License Plate Mount

This is a discussion on Front License Plate Mount within the General Discussion forums, part of the Viper Truck SRT-10 Discussion category!
Hey everyone. I've been looking around all day trying to find a front license plate mount for the SRT-10. Google ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-07-2006, 06:19 PM
VIPER POWERED

Member #233
Send a message via AIM to Kevan
Front License Plate Mount

Hey everyone. I've been looking around all day trying to find a front license plate mount for the SRT-10. Google is my new nemesis. LOL

For now, mine remains under the pass. floormat, but I have a feeling in OH both plates must be mounted (I'll double-check that later tonight).

Does anyone know where to score a no-drill one?
Or have any ideas on mounting a front plate?

Thanks!

Old 07-07-2006, 07:46 PM
Administrator

Member #29
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevan
Hey everyone. I've been looking around all day trying to find a front license plate mount for the SRT-10. Google is my new nemesis. LOL

For now, mine remains under the pass. floormat, but I have a feeling in OH both plates must be mounted (I'll double-check that later tonight).

Does anyone know where to score a no-drill one?
Or have any ideas on mounting a front plate?

Thanks!
I have a couple of small bungie cords I use to fix it to the pass side visor. So far the cops have left me alone

Last edited by ViperJeff; 07-12-2006 at 04:51 PM.
Old 07-07-2006, 08:29 PM
VIPER POWERED

Member #9
My front plate is in my window. I think I have the original mounting bracket around here somewhere if you are interested I can look and see if I can find it. It is possible that I tossed it when I cleaned the garage, but maybe not.

Let me know.
2005 Yellow Fever RC. #130 of 500. SOLD 1965 Superformance Cobra. 2007 Jeep SRT/8, Black
"A Proud Member of the Old Guard."
Old 07-07-2006, 08:40 PM
VIPER POWERED

Member #87
Send a message via AIM to RedRamRules
My front license plate is in the backseat. No trouble yet *knocks on wood*

Old 07-07-2006, 08:44 PM

Member #116
My plate is somewhere in the garage, haven't had any problems yet.
Old 07-07-2006, 08:56 PM
VIPER POWERED
West VTCoA Regional Member

Member #92
I have not used a front plate since my return to California in 1985.

If I'm not mistaken, California is THEE state most rigid in enforcement of the front plate laws...

I've have about half a dozen speeding tickets in these last 21 years.....

I have NEVER been ticketed for no front plate.... I've never even been asked about it...

IMHO front plates look really bad ... They simply destroy the integrity of the front end aesthetic......

I wouldn't have a front plate on my car even if I did get a ticket for it...

I keep my front plates on the wall in my garage...just in case of temporary need...

SD

"Tact: the ability to tell a man to "go to Hell" and make him feel happy to be on his way."
Old 07-07-2006, 09:40 PM
VIPER POWERED

Member #74
I agree that the front looks better with out the plate. However with the stiff fines they offer you now for not having a plate, i find that it is probably easier to get used to it then the fat fine you will get. It's been very common lately to see more and more bmw owners coming to the shop to get the front plate installed. last thing i want is to give them another reason to pull me over
Old 07-07-2006, 09:55 PM
Southeast VTCoA Regional Member

Member #125
Kevan, hey man it's Don.... I came up to the SRT track experience in Pittsburgh a few months ago. I got sick as shit and couldn't get out of bed the next day remember......haha. I have a plate mount in my garage that came with my truck, but I don't need it. Let me know if you want. I believe you do have to drill it though.
Old 07-07-2006, 11:35 PM
VIPER POWERED

Member #233
Send a message via AIM to Kevan
Thanks a bunch, guys!
Don- good to see you feeling better! Maybe next time we'll actually do some driving.

I'd appreciate the plate mount if you want to let it go. I can email you my address and get a check/MO to you for shipping (or buy a couple rounds at the next meet). Let me know.

As much as I *LOVE* the front end without a plate on there, I also like NOT being pulled over for dumb stuff like this. And with all the attention that the truck garners, the more legal the better.

"Sir...we saw that you signaled 487' before making that right hand turn; the law is very clear that it needs to be 500' or more..."
Old 07-08-2006, 12:47 AM

Member #28
Talking

After getting a ticket for no front plate here in los Angeles while parked at a pay lot at the Airport. I just use some wing nut to hold it on and some two way stick at the part it toches the paint. I have benn in the mid 100's and no problems. I take it of in about 1 minute with my fingers. So if can go on and off as I feel like.
Attached Thumbnails
all-001.jpg  
2004 SRT-10 RAM # 1327 of 3057 Silver(fastest Color) Paxton Supercharger, Lowering kit, Magnaflow exhaust, Silver spray in rinoliner, clear tail lights, aluminum fuel door, Billet hood scoop and lower grilles, Viper logo floor mats,Build # plates dash and under hood,HID 8000k headlights and fog lights, Chrome handle and mirror covers

673 rwhp 629 max torque
12.04 LACR /h134/emercedesbnez/CIMG4410.jpg[/IMG]