Go Back   Dodge Ram SRT-10 Forum - Viper Truck Club of America > Viper Truck SRT-10 Discussion > General Discussion
Home Forum Register FAQ Members List Social Groups Calendar Garage Mark Forums Read

General Discussion

How many of you miss gears when shifting?

This is a discussion on How many of you miss gears when shifting? within the General Discussion forums, part of the Viper Truck SRT-10 Discussion category!
Originally Posted by shorty Never, ever missed a gear----48RE That only cause you'd be missing a whole tranny when it ...

Like Tree3Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-16-2018, 03:45 PM
Almost Senior Member

Member #373
Quote:
Originally Posted by shorty View Post
Never, ever missed a gear----48RE
That only cause you'd be missing a whole tranny when it burns up.

Just jokes.

For me that 2 - 3 shift has been getting worse so its likely time for me to look at a new shifter. It does have 115k on the clock now with the stocker.

Old 05-16-2018, 04:10 PM
VIPER POWERED
Southeast VTCoA Regional Member

Member #2161
Send a message via Yahoo to trussman
Quote:
Originally Posted by earl lee View Post
That only cause you'd be missing a whole tranny when it burns up.

Just jokes.

For me that 2 - 3 shift has been getting worse so its likely time for me to look at a new shifter. It does have 115k on the clock now with the stocker.
Just re-align the shifter. It's easy.
Psycho1122 likes this.
Old 05-17-2018, 05:57 PM
Almost Senior Member

Member #373
Quote:
Originally Posted by trussman View Post
Just re-align the shifter. It's easy.
Ive never taken the boot off my shifter, I thought it was non adjustable unit. I thought mine was just wearing out from old age.
Old 05-21-2018, 09:47 AM
Almost Senior Member
Southwest VTCoA Regional Member

Member #11268
As stated above, re-aligning your shifter base is always a great place to start. While your in there, it cannot hurt to install the brass isolator cup bushing from Tick Performance or JTSVP. This will take any additional play out of your shift gates. Your stock nylon bushing is most likely cracked or worn out. The only downside will be additional gearbox noise transferring up into the shift lever. (which can be isolated with Mastic tape over shift lever below the boot)

- https://www.grainger.com/product/4YT...180521134435:s

- Tremec #95 Isolator Cup - Tick Performance, Inc.

When re-installing the shifter base, you can use Three Bond 1184

- https://www.amazon.com/Three-Bond-Li.../dp/B007TWXI1K

I find it works better than OEM gasket material or supplied gaskets that come with the B&M shifter. I do not think my Gen II. Gen JTSVP shifter came with a gasket. 1184 is designed for mating machined surfaces and resisting transmission fluids.
Before snugging and torqueing down the shifter base, run through all the gear selection gates including reverse. The OEM book calls for 15 ft. lbs. on the shifter base bolts.

Finally, make sure your master cylinder is properly bled to ensure proper clutch disengagement.

Then go and practice proper hand and arm positions when running through the gears! You may find that missing the 2-3 shift become a thing of the past.

Cheers!
2005 Black RC Born on April, 22nd., 16th hour of 2005: BBK, JTSVP Gen II Shifter, JTSVP Under Drive Pulley, K&N Drop-In, Demon Coils, B&B Manifold Back Exhaust w/ Hi flow Cats, SCT Tuned by Torrie, RX Monster Catch Can, JMB QA1 "kicker" shock, Polyurethane Suspension / Sway bar Bushings, AEM Wideband, Raptor Shift Light, Dynamat Interior, JTSVP Oil Cooler lines, 70/30 DiH2O/Dexcool Mix w/ Water Wetter, ALL fluids Synthetic and a few "sneaky" aero mods

2000 ZX1270R, 200 H.P. / 111 Ft. Lbs.