Go Back   Dodge Ram SRT-10 Forum - Viper Truck Club of America > Viper Truck SRT-10 Discussion > General Discussion
Home Forum Register FAQ Members List Social Groups Calendar Garage Mark Forums Read

General Discussion

I need advise... ASAP

This is a discussion on I need advise... ASAP within the General Discussion forums, part of the Viper Truck SRT-10 Discussion category!
Hey, I'm so upset and I need advise if anyone has any to give.I Valet my car Saturday night and ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-27-2007, 11:31 PM

Member #2229
I need advise... ASAP

Hey, I'm so upset and I need advise if anyone has any to give.I Valet my car Saturday night and didn't realize till Sunday morning they had wrecked my car. My tail light is shattered, I have a hole in my back bumper, and it looks like my bumper is going to have to be completely replaced. The cops gave me a police report to fill out myself. I was just wondering if there is anything else I can do?

I'm so angry.

Old 08-27-2007, 11:36 PM
VIPER POWERED

Member #32
well, first off, i would go back to the place you had it valeted and check the property for pieces of your vehicle.....of course if you ask them, they are not going to take responsibility for it....not to be a jerk, but part of the blame is on your for not doing the "walk around" after they brought it to you.....im sure that will be thier stance as well....sorry about your troubles, hope it all works out.
Old 08-27-2007, 11:39 PM
Administrator

Member #29
Take pictures if pieces are found
Old 08-27-2007, 11:39 PM

Member #504
The Valet service is suppose to have insurance for stuff like this. I would go to the valet booth where you parked your truck and ask to speak to the owner of the service. He probably won't be there but they can put you in touch. After you get ahold of him be calm and cool and let him know his boys or another customer ran into your truck and you want to have it fixxed. Also let him know you are about to file a police report. Chances are he will tell you that you wrecked it or try to divert blame. Remind him of the vehicle you drive and you would not run into stuff on purpose. Stick to your ground and let full blame fall on them.

At the club I run we have a valet service out front with young guys that love to hot rod cars in and out of the pickup zones and they are responsible for the car even after the fact if you notice damage. We had a Bentley that got rear ended by one of the guys running the service and they tried to cover it up. I know the owner of the car and told him I saw everything as well as the owner of the service. The insurance from the valet service ended up paying for it. It was not cheap and the boy got fired for trying to cover it. Also see if the area where you were parked has cameras and or people the hold a post maybe someone else saw something. Good Luck!
Stinks 1/2 Lowering Kit, JMB front sway bar links, JMB Midpipes, K&N FIPK, X-Metal Shifter, X-Metal Door Sills, X-metal seat levers, X-metal Fang Fuel Door, Raptor Shift light, Mopar IPOD Integration Kit, 170 degree T-Stat, John Stuttle smoked tail lights and 3rd brake light.
NO WING!
Old 08-27-2007, 11:42 PM

Member #2229
I know its my fault for not doing the walk around. I was out celebrating my birthday. That was the last thing on my mind.
Old 08-27-2007, 11:45 PM
VIPER POWERED

Member #32
yeah, sometimes we all get caught up in the moment of fun....thats prolly why alot of us are here now....anyway...the cameras is a good idea..check the tapes if they have them....
Old 08-27-2007, 11:46 PM
VIPER POWERED

Member #32
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cablefed
The Valet service is suppose to have insurance for stuff like this. I would go to the valet booth where you parked your truck and ask to speak to the owner of the service. He probably won't be there but they can put you in touch. After you get ahold of him be calm and cool and let him know his boys or another customer ran into your truck and you want to have it fixxed. Also let him know you are about to file a police report. Chances are he will tell you that you wrecked it or try to divert blame. Remind him of the vehicle you drive and you would not run into stuff on purpose. Stick to your ground and let full blame fall on them.

At the club I run we have a valet service out front with young guys that love to hot rod cars in and out of the pickup zones and they are responsible for the car even after the fact if you notice damage. We had a Bentley that got rear ended by one of the guys running the service and they tried to cover it up. I know the owner of the car and told him I saw everything as well as the owner of the service. The insurance from the valet service ended up paying for it. It was not cheap and the boy got fired for trying to cover it. Also see if the area where you were parked has cameras and or people the hold a post maybe someone else saw something. Good Luck!

i think alot of that depends on the integrity of the valet service and the owners of the facility....
Old 08-27-2007, 11:47 PM
VIPER POWERED

Member #25
Quote:
Originally Posted by wheredwhogo?
yeah, sometimes we all get caught up in the moment of fun....thats prolly why alot of us are here now....anyway...the cameras is a good idea..check the tapes if they have them....

Crap, I was just typing the same thing til I read yours. Check to see if any place the possible scene of the crime has security cameras.
'04 Dodge Ram SRT-10 RC red #1813 702 rwhp/667 rwtq (91 octane) - SOLD
'04 Dodge Ram SRT-10 RC red bone stock - SOLD
'03 Ford Mustang Cobra bone stock - SOLD
'01 Viper GTS - sapphire/silver stripes lightly modded (1 of 86) - SOLD
'86 Mustang LX 5.0/5-spd...NASA Camaro Mustang Challenge (CMC) series
'72 Blazer - 383 stroker, 4 inch lift, 33x12.50 BFG, black
Old 08-28-2007, 12:04 AM

Member #2229
The Camera idea is great. I already went back to the scene and found no trace of my car being damaged in the area. I'm going to call the shopping center where they parked the cars to see if they have camera info. Thank you so much.
Old 08-28-2007, 12:12 AM
VIPER POWERED
West VTCoA Regional Member

Member #92
Let this be a lesson to ya'.....

If you value your car, never give ANYONE the keys to it..... Let alone a moron kid from valet parking....

Didn't you see "Ferris Beuller's Day Off".............?

Sorry you had to pay so dearly for the lapse in judgement.

D

"Tact: the ability to tell a man to "go to Hell" and make him feel happy to be on his way."