Go Back   Dodge Ram SRT-10 Forum - Viper Truck Club of America > Viper Truck SRT-10 Discussion > General Discussion
Home Forum Register FAQ Members List Social Groups Calendar Garage Mark Forums Read

General Discussion

Idles at 2500rpm ??? restart and returns to normal untill next light

This is a discussion on Idles at 2500rpm ??? restart and returns to normal untill next light within the General Discussion forums, part of the Viper Truck SRT-10 Discussion category!
My truck seams to be having some weard issues.. it just started ideling at 2500 rpm after driving for a ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-15-2006, 01:56 PM
1100HP Club.
Canadian VTCoA Regional Member

Member #7
Send a message via MSN to SRT10VENOMOUS Send a message via Yahoo to SRT10VENOMOUS
Idles at 2500rpm ??? restart and returns to normal untill next light

My truck seams to be having some weard issues.. it just started ideling at 2500 rpm after driving for a few min pull up to a stoplight and the thing is screaming... turn it off and restart and its all good ideling like normal... then 5 min later same thing ..

any ideas???

04 SRT-10 Ram #849

04 SRT10 Ram - under construction

Old 09-15-2006, 02:04 PM
Supporting Vendor

Member #71
This is just a guess now, but maybe the Throttle position sensor?

A vacuum leak shouldnt do it.......computer shouldnt......I dont know bo, TPS sounds probable?

I dont know my heads not working to good , I'll think on it , but right off TPS.
Old 09-15-2006, 02:06 PM
VIPER POWERED

Member #41
I had a busted vacuum line and it did that.....black hose had a split it it....
2005 BLACK QC--1071RWHP 1059 RWTQ-11.3 @126.3 on motor only - Custom Paxton supercharger kit with custom heat exchanger (10-15 lbs boost),VEC3, Nitrous Express kit Ross Racing Forged pistons, Oliver rods, Striker heads (reworked), Comp Coupe Cam, Program billet main caps, Coated bearings, ATI balancer (overdrive 20%),DC Performance sealed ram air box (polished), FJO water meth, Bassani ceramic coated headers, Magnaflow exhaust with mids, Asanti 22" AF118's Black w/chrome lip),shaved calipers,EBC brake pads, Boomer's 2-4 drop, Caltracs, cal vu's, custom grilles, halo headlights, LED tail lights, Motorized bedlocker, bedrug, chrome 15lb nitrous bottle with heater and remote opener and lighted purge and X-metal NOS spray bar...Built and Tuned By Dave Graves
Old 09-15-2006, 02:12 PM
Supporting Vendor

Member #71
black hose had a split it it....

quit drinking so early on Friday Blake you have the stumbles LOLOL
Old 09-15-2006, 02:16 PM
VIPER POWERED

Member #553
Send a message via AIM to ntw0rk
Hahahah..

Anyway, I had an older truck that would do that. Turned out to be the gasket under the carb. Definitely sounds vacuum related, if it is not the TPS.

"I believe in Christianity as I believe that the sun has risen: not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else." C.S. Lewis

Old 09-15-2006, 02:17 PM
VIPER POWERED

Member #41
in it.....sorry
2005 BLACK QC--1071RWHP 1059 RWTQ-11.3 @126.3 on motor only - Custom Paxton supercharger kit with custom heat exchanger (10-15 lbs boost),VEC3, Nitrous Express kit Ross Racing Forged pistons, Oliver rods, Striker heads (reworked), Comp Coupe Cam, Program billet main caps, Coated bearings, ATI balancer (overdrive 20%),DC Performance sealed ram air box (polished), FJO water meth, Bassani ceramic coated headers, Magnaflow exhaust with mids, Asanti 22" AF118's Black w/chrome lip),shaved calipers,EBC brake pads, Boomer's 2-4 drop, Caltracs, cal vu's, custom grilles, halo headlights, LED tail lights, Motorized bedlocker, bedrug, chrome 15lb nitrous bottle with heater and remote opener and lighted purge and X-metal NOS spray bar...Built and Tuned By Dave Graves
Old 09-15-2006, 02:20 PM
Supporting Vendor

Member #71
LOLOL LUv y Blake!!! Gotta love friday's

The only thing with a vaccum leak is it would do it constant, or should do it constant.

He said it started , shut it off, restarted the truck and was fine until the next light, thats my only hang up on the leak
Old 09-15-2006, 02:46 PM
1100HP Club.
Canadian VTCoA Regional Member

Member #7
Send a message via MSN to SRT10VENOMOUS Send a message via Yahoo to SRT10VENOMOUS
i went and looked for some cracks hard to tell.. what hoses are you talking.. and the tps which one is that lol.. what do i look for??.. i just removed my negative post for 10min and tried that but never took it for a drive just started it up.. reved it several times.. and it kinda goes like this now

rev up to say 4k let off comes down to 1k bonces up to 1.5k down to 1k back to 1.5 then settles to 900.... .. havent driven in yet but im sure it will probbably stick again at higher rpm.. ..
04 SRT-10 Ram #849

04 SRT10 Ram - under construction

Old 09-15-2006, 02:56 PM
VIPER POWERED
Southeast VTCoA Regional Member

Member #206
Have you reloaded the VEC2?

http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...79992451&hl=en

http://ca.youtube.com/watch?v=jPEsZ5wHJh4
Old 09-15-2006, 03:58 PM
VIPER POWERED
Southwest VTCoA Regional Member

Member #146
Ken,

How many miles do you have on your truck? Have you done a tune-up (plugs and wires)? I am assuming that you are not getting a check engine light. Mine was doing the same thing, and took it to Doug Levin Motorsports, he took a look at my truck. He noticed I had 14k miles, and asked if I had done a tune-up yet. I told him no. He said it was time for it. He pulled the plugs and they were DONE! He also told me that I should change out the wires as well since they are heavily exposed the heat. Did it and I haven't had anymore issues.

Hope this help.

Alex
2004 Build #2666
Im BACK...