Go Back   Dodge Ram SRT-10 Forum - Viper Truck Club of America > Viper Truck SRT-10 Discussion > General Discussion
Home Forum Register FAQ Members List Social Groups Calendar Garage Mark Forums Read

General Discussion

Just lowered my RC, pics included

This is a discussion on Just lowered my RC, pics included within the General Discussion forums, part of the Viper Truck SRT-10 Discussion category!
I spent this past Friday and Saturday lowering my RC and wanted to share my overall thoughts on the X-Metal ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-03-2007, 05:30 AM

Member #865
Cool Just lowered my RC, pics included

I spent this past Friday and Saturday lowering my RC and wanted to share my overall thoughts on the X-Metal Kit and the entire process. I did this at my buddies shop with a lift which made the entire process go pretty easily. I also read through all the threads in the DIY section and got some good hints and tips. I think I'll post up my overall install in the DIY section as mine seemed to differ slightly then others. By that I mean I was able to do a few things that made the front install go a bit quicker!

Overall thoughts on the kit and the ride; Gary's kit is well put together. I do believe the installation instructions had a step that I didn't have the parts for and that made no sense to me. The instructions call for installing shims in the rear tranny mounts. The kit didn't have shims nor do I see any reason to shim the tranny. I believe this is a step for the QC's and thought the instruction might be the wrong bet but there was no mention of the axle flip required with the QC's! Beats me and this doesn't take away from the fact that this is a fantastic kit thats worth every penny!! I only had a chance to drive the truck the night I finished the install because I woke up the next morning to a light dusting of snow and put the truck away for the winter My first impression was "WOW"!! The truck looks much better and appears to be the way it should look from the factory. The drop is perfect and at first glance from an untrained eye will not immediatly be able to tell it's been lowered. The truck looks just right and has more of an agressive stance to go with the more aggressive body lines of the truck!! The visual difference is worth the time and effort alone but in addition to the much improved look is a ride thats also improved! This was especially surprising to my buddy who I took for a ride in the truck. He lowered his WRX STI some years ago and complained of a harsh ride after lowering it. The truck on the other hand now has a better spring rate and dosn't "crash" so hard over bumps and pavement imperfections. So far I haven't noticed any bump steer issues or side effects from the sway bars angle being off. I knew the truck was getting put away after the install so I figured I'd let it sit for the winter while the front springs settled a bit before I purchase the JMB end links and install them and get an alignment. I attached a few before and after pictures for your enjoyment. In case you cant tell, in all the after pictures, the truck has snow on it! I will also post a link of the thread to the DIY article once I post it up. It will be short and sweet with some hints and tips to supplement other installs and Gary's supplied instructions. The total drop was 2.25" in the rear and 1.50" in the front by means of measuring the wheel gap.
Attached Thumbnails
truck-before.jpg   truck-1.jpg   truck-2.jpg   truck-3.jpg   truck-4.jpg   truck-me-grinding.jpg  

2005 Swift Barchopper - 124" S&S V-twin with baker 6 speed 140 hp/140 lb ft!
Old 12-03-2007, 06:53 AM
VIPER POWERED

Member #9
Looks nice Derek.

I do believe you are correct, the transmission shim is for the QC.
2005 Yellow Fever RC. #130 of 500. SOLD 1965 Superformance Cobra. 2007 Jeep SRT/8, Black
"A Proud Member of the Old Guard."
Old 12-03-2007, 09:11 AM
VIPER POWERED

Member #436
Looking good!...

2013 CHALLENGER SRT8 AUTO IN BLACK * LMI TRUE CAI * ARRINGTON STAGE II ALUM INTAKE* KW COIL OVERS * CORSA EXTREME CATBACK * MAGNAFLOW HIGH FLOW CATS * 3.23 GETRAG LSD * PARAMOUNT DOMINATOR 3800 STALL CONVERTER * SPEEDLOGIX LIGHTWEIGHT FACIA MOUNT * ARRINGTON 6.4 BASED 426 STROKER * 517 RWHP / 536 RWTQ * MODERN MUSCLE 87 MM PORTED THROTTLE BODY * COMP VVT CAM CUSTOM GRIND FOR ARRINGTON * TUNED BY THE HEMITUNER.....

Old 12-03-2007, 09:21 AM
Almost Senior Member

Member #2181
Derek i could see a difference right away...Looks good man...Damn SNOW
were waking up to 40+ cm of snow...Mine has been under wrap since early
November...Big difference on your ride...Thanks for sharing...
04 SRT 10 BOB #2300 of 3057
BUILT 5 / 28 / 2004
Old 12-03-2007, 09:29 AM

Member #1848
Send a message via Yahoo to mxzx440
truck looks awesome

2004 Dodge Ram SRT-10 #2989 out of 3057
Performance: magnaflow catback, X metal catless mids, JMB CAI, B&M Shifter, SCT Tuner
Visual: Projector Headlights, Viper logo + 505 ci decal, De-badged, Taillight Covers, JMB Viper Grille Badge, SLH Build Plaque + Steering Wheel Logo, One Piece Billet Grille
Old 12-03-2007, 10:03 AM
VIPER POWERED
Northeast VTCoA Regional Member

Member #828
As always, great job bro....

Looks like you need some new sneakers on that rig though.
06 SRT10 RC - Born 3/22/06 - Brilliant Black Pearlcoat - JTSVP oil lines, Bassani headers, JMB CAI, B&M Shifter, B&B full exhaust, Centerforce clutch, Viper hydraulic upgrade, bedrug, JMB engine kit, 180 stat, SCT tuned by Torrie, - Plate VIPR DNA
Old 12-03-2007, 10:06 AM
Administrator

Member #29
Looks Good!

Congrats
Old 12-03-2007, 10:12 AM
VIPER POWERED
West VTCoA Regional Member

Member #91
Two flat washers came with mine to shim the trans with. My instructions say to use them. I have a RC, and bought the RC 1/2+ lowering kit from boomer. I should also say that I still have not installed it.
'04 Ram SRT-10 Red #2285
300+ Racing Homing Pigeons
Old 12-03-2007, 10:54 AM
Michel Productions
West VTCoA Regional Member
2012 Viper Truck of The Month

Member #1178
These trucks just look so much better lowered and leveled. Great job.
Old 12-03-2007, 11:08 AM
VIPER POWERED
Southeast VTCoA Regional Member
2012 Viper Truck of The Month

Member #520
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by sleeper
Two flat washers came with mine to shim the trans with. My instructions say to use them. I have a RC, and bought the RC 1/2+ lowering kit from boomer. I should also say that I still have not installed it.
Get it done, you will really like it.
Cal-Tracs, 4.56 gears Cold Fusion Nitrous system, Viper clutch hydraulics, JMB CAI, Catch Can,Line Loc Tick Transmission modified T-56