Go Back   Dodge Ram SRT-10 Forum - Viper Truck Club of America > Viper Truck SRT-10 Discussion > General Discussion
Home Forum Register FAQ Members List Social Groups Calendar Garage Mark Forums Read

General Discussion

Just returned from the Doctor

This is a discussion on Just returned from the Doctor within the General Discussion forums, part of the Viper Truck SRT-10 Discussion category!
Originally Posted by SRT10VENOMOUS and a no where near accurate price out at that... I love it how people think ...

Like Tree22Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-13-2018, 10:56 PM
VIPER POWERED
Southwest VTCoA Regional Member

Member #13578
Quote:
Originally Posted by SRT10VENOMOUS View Post
and a no where near accurate price out at that... I love it how people think that business do work at cost and dont have over head to pay so they do all the labour free with no mark up.. Yep thats how all businesses work .. everyone in business is just there to help you and not make a living or profit..

Wow just wow.. a generation of idiots
Here's the deal----I am happy and Scott is happy. I got what I wanted and he is able to pay overhead, make a living and help out folks like me that can't any longer do the work myself. Free enterprise is what they call it. This is why the liberals hate Trump----success.

Belanger headers, 3Ē aluminized pipe w/VX series mufflers, Venomous UD pulley, K&N FIPK Cold Air Kit, Roe Racing Throttle Body, MSD plug wires, Venomous Racing 2400 torque converter, HTS Valve Body and shift kit, SCT tuned by Chris Jensen and DR VIPER at Venomous Racing.
Old 06-14-2018, 04:10 AM
Almost Senior Member
Midwest VTCoA Regional Member

Member #13290
Quote:
Originally Posted by trussman View Post
While the price seems high to me as well, if you figure a dealer charges viper tech fees on these at well over 100 an hr, this doesn't seem so high. I'm def not a fan clubber for vr1 but did you really price that whole list out just for an internet argument?
But this isnt a Viper Tech LOLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL

There is no argument here at all. I'm not trying to prove any point. I wanted to see what he paid for what he had done. I figured it was going to be high.

If shorty cannot physically do the work himself, that's understandable. Completely understandable. Gotta pay to play.

But.

That is pretty steep in anybodys book. None of the work that was done was anything of specialty except if the the A/C system was evacuated and recharged properly, by a certified tech, but it doesnt even sound like it. Just threw in more refrigerant.

AJ
'04
Full bolt on, 2/3 drop, 4:56's +lots of extras.

Boost Coming Soon.

Last edited by Pirana131313; 06-14-2018 at 04:36 AM.
Old 06-14-2018, 04:21 AM
Almost Senior Member

Member #13290
Quote:
Originally Posted by SRT10VENOMOUS View Post
and a no where near accurate price out at that... I love it how people think that business do work at cost and dont have over head to pay so they do all the labour free with no mark up.. Yep thats how all businesses work .. everyone in business is just there to help you and not make a living or profit..

Wow just wow.. a generation of idiots

It is a very accurate price list for what any jo smo could go down to napa and get parts for. Lol. I'm sure you have no idea what this is like considering you paid the viper tax on everything.

but go ahead try to justify $1000 dollars in "labor" and overhead for not even 8 hours work.

AJ
'04
Full bolt on, 2/3 drop, 4:56's +lots of extras.

Boost Coming Soon.

Old 06-14-2018, 10:53 AM
Almost Senior Member

Member #11268
Just for a reference, On the work I do, 8 hours labor would be over $1500. With a two hour minimum to show up.

GE would charge double that!

Cheers!
shorty likes this.
2005 Black RC Born on April, 22nd., 16th hour of 2005: BBK, JTSVP Gen II Shifter, JTSVP Under Drive Pulley, K&N Drop-In, Demon Coils, B&B Manifold Back Exhaust w/ Hi flow Cats, SCT Tuned by Torrie, RX Monster Catch Can, JMB QA1 "kicker" shock, Polyurethane Suspension / Sway bar Bushings, AEM Wideband, Raptor Shift Light, Dynamat Interior, JTSVP Oil Cooler lines, 70/30 DiH2O/Dexcool Mix w/ Water Wetter, ALL fluids Synthetic and a few "sneaky" aero mods

2000 ZX1270R, 200 H.P. / 111 Ft. Lbs.
Old 06-15-2018, 05:53 AM
Almost Senior Member

Member #13290
Quote:
Originally Posted by Psycho1122 View Post
Just for a reference, On the work I do, 8 hours labor would be over $1500. With a two hour minimum to show up.

Cheers!
I get it but still, this is basic automotive work that probably took 5~hours.

Also, shorty took his vehicle there, not making a road call...
Old 06-15-2018, 12:04 PM
VIPER POWERED

Member #13578
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pirana131313 View Post
I get it but still, this is basic automotive work that probably took 5~hours.

Also, shorty took his vehicle there, not making a road call...
I will not go into it as the list is rather extensive. When I dropped the chip off the piston Scott spent more than 50 hours on the work and I paid him parts and labor $3500. The extra things he has done when I brought the truck to Waco over the last 5 years is as long as my arm. He installed a tq from a bad guy in Arizona that trashed my transmission. Scott paid for the rebuild from another shop. My trust in his ability equal to my trust in his honesty.

Remember, you can hear anything you want on the net and most of the guys complaining about him do not have it first hand, just old lady gossip. I am please with what I got and will go back for the engine build when it is time.
SRT10VENOMOUS likes this.

Belanger headers, 3Ē aluminized pipe w/VX series mufflers, Venomous UD pulley, K&N FIPK Cold Air Kit, Roe Racing Throttle Body, MSD plug wires, Venomous Racing 2400 torque converter, HTS Valve Body and shift kit, SCT tuned by Chris Jensen and DR VIPER at Venomous Racing.
Old 06-15-2018, 12:54 PM
1800HP Club. And climbing
Canadian VTCoA Regional Member

Member #7
Send a message via MSN to SRT10VENOMOUS Send a message via Yahoo to SRT10VENOMOUS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pirana131313 View Post
It is a very accurate price list for what any jo smo could go down to napa and get parts for. Lol. I'm sure you have no idea what this is like considering you paid the viper tax on everything.

but go ahead try to justify $1000 dollars in "labor" and overhead for not even 8 hours work.
I paid a viper tax? so when i bought a truck that had 80k in mods for 30k and sold my original truck retuned to stock for 20k, getting me 80k in mods already installed on the truck with 8k in extras that came with the truck that were sold off along with selling my original mods, which brought me out to a 2k profit after the deal was done.. I paid a viper tax... wow... if thats tax ill pay it every day of the week.. sign me up....
04 SRT-10 Ram #849

04 SRT10 Ram - under construction

Old 06-15-2018, 12:55 PM
1800HP Club. And climbing
Canadian VTCoA Regional Member

Member #7
Send a message via MSN to SRT10VENOMOUS Send a message via Yahoo to SRT10VENOMOUS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Psycho1122 View Post

Cheers!
Yep my company charges $165 an hour plus trip charge..
04 SRT-10 Ram #849

04 SRT10 Ram - under construction

Old 06-16-2018, 06:39 PM

Member #16871
#1 - The work you had done did NOT require the services of a Viper Tech. Any repair shop can do general auto repair.

#2 - The Hoople you used is NOT a Viper Tech anyway. His self title of Dr. Viper is just that.

#3 - You posted this knowing full well you'd get called out for giving this nitwit any kind of praise.

#4 - A fool and his money are soon parted.
Old 06-16-2018, 07:53 PM
Almost Senior Member

Member #15071
What work requires a viper tech?
SRT10VENOMOUS likes this.