Go Back   Dodge Ram SRT-10 Forum - Viper Truck Club of America > Viper Truck SRT-10 Discussion > General Discussion
Home Forum Register FAQ Members List Social Groups Calendar Garage Mark Forums Read

General Discussion

Just returned from the Doctor

This is a discussion on Just returned from the Doctor within the General Discussion forums, part of the Viper Truck SRT-10 Discussion category!
Originally Posted by shorty I will not go into it as the list is rather extensive. When I dropped the ...

Like Tree32Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-16-2018, 09:00 PM
Almost Senior Member
Midwest VTCoA Regional Member

Member #13290
Quote:
Originally Posted by shorty View Post
I will not go into it as the list is rather extensive. When I dropped the chip off the piston Scott spent more than 50 hours on the work and I paid him parts and labor $3500. The extra things he has done when I brought the truck to Waco over the last 5 years is as long as my arm. He installed a tq from a bad guy in Arizona that trashed my transmission. Scott paid for the rebuild from another shop. My trust in his ability equal to my trust in his honesty.

Remember, you can hear anything you want on the net and most of the guys complaining about him do not have it first hand, just old lady gossip. I am please with what I got and will go back for the engine build when it is time.

So what do you figured the total lump some is of what you spent with Scott?

I, among many others, have had a bad experience.

AJ
'04
Full bolt on, 2/3 drop, 4:56's +lots of extras.

Boost Coming Soon.

Old 06-17-2018, 12:12 AM
VIPER POWERED
Southwest VTCoA Regional Member

Member #13578
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pirana131313 View Post
So what do you figured the total lump some is of what you spent with Scott?

I, among many others, have had a bad experience.
You have had a bad experience with Scott? If many others have had a bad experience with him it sure does not show in his current work and what I have seen him do over the years. Some folks are never please----anywhere on anything. I do not keep tabs and can only guess around 5-7K over the 5 years. Only a guess tho. I have been please each and every time.

Belanger headers, 3Ē aluminized pipe w/VX series mufflers, Venomous UD pulley, K&N FIPK Cold Air Kit, Roe Racing Throttle Body, MSD plug wires, Venomous Racing 2400 torque converter, HTS Valve Body and shift kit, SCT tuned by Chris Jensen and DR VIPER at Venomous Racing.
Old 06-17-2018, 02:02 AM
Almost Senior Member

Member #13290
Quote:
You have had a bad experience with Scott? If many others have had a bad experience with him it sure does not show in his current work and what I have seen him do over the years. Some folks are never please----anywhere on anything. I do not keep tabs and can only guess around 5-7K over the 5 years. Only a guess tho. I have been please each and every time.
It doesn't show to you? I mean come on man, how does it not show?
Old 06-17-2018, 09:36 AM
VIPER POWERED

Member #13578
Quote:
It doesn't show to you? I mean come on man, how does it not show?
Where do you live? Have you ever been to his shop? You sound like you got nothing better to do than kick someone. I have grown tired of justifying my choices and and explaining to a simpleton that I like what I got and paid have grown tired of your whining. When you got the business Scott has, something has to be right. Get a life
SRT10VENOMOUS likes this.

Belanger headers, 3Ē aluminized pipe w/VX series mufflers, Venomous UD pulley, K&N FIPK Cold Air Kit, Roe Racing Throttle Body, MSD plug wires, Venomous Racing 2400 torque converter, HTS Valve Body and shift kit, SCT tuned by Chris Jensen and DR VIPER at Venomous Racing.
Old 06-18-2018, 01:35 PM
Almost Senior Member

Member #13290
Quote:
Where do you live? Have you ever been to his shop? You sound like you got nothing better to do than kick someone. I have grown tired of justifying my choices and and explaining to a simpleton that I like what I got and paid have grown tired of your whining. When you got the business Scott has, something has to be right. Get a life
You sound like you got nothing better to do than suck Scotts fucking ****. Fuck you shorty, you just got raped and you dont even know it as you have no fucking clue about automotive works. A simpleton? Have you looked in the fucking mirror you old fuck? Have you seen any of the posts on here about other people complaining about the hack you call a doctor because they got screwed? I'm not kicking anybody nor was my posts intending to kick anybody. You overpaid for what you had done and that is that, happy or not. Why dont you try busting out of the pack of sheep you're in shorty, and quit sitting on your sheppards lap.

AJ
'04
Full bolt on, 2/3 drop, 4:56's +lots of extras.

Boost Coming Soon.

Old 06-19-2018, 08:13 AM
VIPER POWERED

Member #13578
Quote:
You sound like you got nothing better to do than suck Scotts fucking ****. Fuck you shorty, you just got raped and you dont even know it as you have no fucking clue about automotive works. A simpleton? Have you looked in the fucking mirror you old fuck? Have you seen any of the posts on here about other people complaining about the hack you call a doctor because they got screwed? I'm not kicking anybody nor was my posts intending to kick anybody. You overpaid for what you had done and that is that, happy or not. Why dont you try busting out of the pack of sheep you're in shorty, and quit sitting on your sheppards lap.
Do you talk to your kids and wife the way you talk to me when you can't express yourself as an adult? Hoping you don't vote as it it is children like you that have turned this country upside down. So sad to read your potty mouth tirade yet you never answered my questions. What may be sadder is uneducated children like yourself having children and perpetuating the ignorance. So long and really, really hope you have a nice day cause from your outburst not figuring you have very many good days.
SRT10VENOMOUS likes this.

Old 06-21-2018, 03:33 AM
VIPER POWERED
West VTCoA Regional Member

Member #12419
Quote:
I’m unbiased, friend. I also let the stealership do most of my work because financially my time is better spent on my business. But, I’m curious: how much do you feel all this work should have cost? The price Shorty posted seems cheap to me. $650 in parts + 30% markup = $928.00, plus any delivery. That leaves $700ish for labor for a bunch of menial tasks. My guys would probably want around 10 hours at $100 an hour to do that stuff...

Anyway, I am not taking sides, merely offering perspective. Scott’s a good-old-boy trying his damnbdest (I’m half lit, so forgive my spelling). Does he always get it right? No (ahem, you straight up fucked Jeremy, Scott). But he’s doing all he can within his capabilities to make a go of this. That’s more than 95% of people will ever do.

Would I let Scott work on my shit? Yeah, I probably would. He’s put it all on the line to get where he’s at and I respect that. Would I call him out if he got it wrong? You know I would. Conversely, would I publicaly acknowledge work I was happy with on the VTCOA, just like Shorty does? Yeah, sure would.

We who have been around awhile have unique perspective on Scott and his work. That doesn’t mean the work he does today, or will do tomorrow, isn’t good. And the more peeps we have enthusiastically supporting the 12-14 year old Ram SRT10 platform, the better.

Last edited by caveman; 06-21-2018 at 03:38 AM.
Old 06-21-2018, 09:30 AM
VIPER POWERED

Member #13578
Quote:
Originally Posted by caveman View Post
Iím unbiased, friend. I also let the stealership do most of my work because financially my time is better spent on my business. But, Iím curious: how much do you feel all this work should have cost? The price Shorty posted seems cheap to me. $650 in parts + 30% markup = $928.00, plus any delivery. That leaves $700ish for labor for a bunch of menial tasks. My guys would probably want around 10 hours at $100 an hour to do that stuff...

Anyway, I am not taking sides, merely offering perspective. Scottís a good-old-boy trying his damnbdest (Iím half lit, so forgive my spelling). Does he always get it right? No (ahem, you straight up fucked Jeremy, Scott). But heís doing all he can within his capabilities to make a go of this. Thatís more than 95% of people will ever do.

Would I let Scott work on my shit? Yeah, I probably would. Heís put it all on the line to get where heís at and I respect that. Would I call him out if he got it wrong? You know I would. Conversely, would I publicaly acknowledge work I was happy with on the VTCOA, just like Shorty does? Yeah, sure would.

We who have been around awhile have unique perspective on Scott and his work. That doesnít mean the work he does today, or will do tomorrow, isnít good. And the more peeps we have enthusiastically supporting the 12-14 year old Ram SRT10 platform, the better.

You said it much better than I. Thanks