Go Back   Dodge Ram SRT-10 Forum - Viper Truck Club of America > Viper Truck SRT-10 Discussion > General Discussion
Home Forum Register FAQ Members List Social Groups Calendar Garage Mark Forums Read

General Discussion

Need a hand to fix my Truck, interested?

This is a discussion on Need a hand to fix my Truck, interested? within the General Discussion forums, part of the Viper Truck SRT-10 Discussion category!
The Vec does not do a good job once you add a Cam into the mix. I would suggest going ...

Like Tree2Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-13-2015, 10:17 PM
Southeast VTCoA Regional Member

Member #11941
The Vec does not do a good job once you add a Cam into the mix. I would suggest going with an SCT. Not saying that's your issue, but there are better options for tuning. Have you data logged with the VEC?

Old 02-13-2015, 10:40 PM
Administrator

Member #29
I was going to suggest the SCT, but the removal of the VEC is like brain surgery
Old 02-13-2015, 10:57 PM
Almost Senior Member
Northeast VTCoA Regional Member

Member #14386
When I read your emails to Sean you mentioned that the belt he sends with his setup doesn't fit on your truck.... why is that I wonder ?

Did the truck run right before the new cam was installed ? Was it degreed properly ?
I know your frustrated but I wouldn't let the builder off the hook so easy unless you think they are incompetent (then I would recommend a lawyer). I'm thinking that going back to a stock cam may be the answer with the info you provided

Old 02-14-2015, 04:30 AM
VIPER POWERED
Southwest VTCoA Regional Member

Member #2894
You don't have an intercooler, it's a bypass cooler it only cools the bypass air while not under a load. This was done to a few roe trucks in an attempt to keep the blower itself cooler resulting in a slightly lower intake temp under boost(until the blower gets heat soaked). The belt Sean sends in the kit won't fit because you don't have the same size pulley anymore, which is why you're seeing 14 psi instead of 6. Ditch the vec and switch to using sct that'll take one possible failure point out if the equation.
Old 02-17-2015, 08:55 AM

Member #11283
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slitherbeast View Post
to save me from hunting , when exactly does it stumble? when you let off? during acceleration? etc.
problem strikes when i do a normal take-off from still, hard accel from still, when I do a show-off rev and if I do a hard accel from rolling.

"BOOM, HEADSHOT"

*****2004 SRT10 RAM reg cab. ROE supercharged. meth injected. and a lumpy ROE camshaft. 698hp on 91octane*****
Old 02-17-2015, 09:04 AM

Member #11283
Thanks for the huge outpour of support, everyone. This makes me rather happy to have a pretty tight knit group like this. I will do as much as I can while the snow is still here. I have been getting frustrated and it makes me feel a lot better to know you people are willing to help when you can. Also, I thought I did some research on the truck before I bought her from Brad, mind you there was no link to "NBT" or any of his links.

She did run better without the comp cam, but the cam is like ear sex. SOUNDS SOOOOOO GOOOOOOOD. I will look into getting the SCT. Where would one find the most comprehensive instructions to remove the VEC?

"BOOM, HEADSHOT"

*****2004 SRT10 RAM reg cab. ROE supercharged. meth injected. and a lumpy ROE camshaft. 698hp on 91octane*****
Old 02-17-2015, 11:04 AM
Almost Senior Member
Midwest VTCoA Regional Member

Member #12271
I would take a serious look at your boost bypass. If your new cam doesn't create enough vacuum and the bypass valve doesn't have a way to stay open until under a heavy load then you are constantly running boost. If the VEC can't compensate then you will be running lean. Do you have a wideband A/F gauge in the truck? What does it read during these times when the truck stumbles?
Stupuff likes this.
2004 Saleen Mustang Extreme-FOR SALE
1999 Ford Mustang Cobra convertible Saleen SA-20 clone
2006 Dodge Charger R/T "Monster SEMA car"
2007 Jeep SRT8 -SOLD
2002 Big Dog Pitbull - SOLD
2005 Saleen Mustang SC-281. Barricade replica-SOLD
2011 Ram Express. Stacey David/Gearz TV Drag-N-Wagon build.
2006 Saleen Mustang Extreme-FOR SALE
2012 Ford FX2 ProCharged
2007 Saleen Mustang SC-281-SOLD
2005 Ram SRT-10 CE #43-SOLD
2005 Ram SRT-10 QC-SOLD
1979 Dodge Lil Red Express
1969 Plymouth Roadrunner
Old 02-17-2015, 09:48 PM
Southeast VTCoA Regional Member

Member #11941
You can test the boost bypass valve with a Mityvac hand tool, my guess is it's all in the tune. You need to data log to eliminate variables.
Old 02-18-2015, 08:10 AM

Member #11283
Quote:
Originally Posted by ICPREY View Post
You can test the boost bypass valve with a Mityvac hand tool, my guess is it's all in the tune. You need to data log to eliminate variables.
I agree that I have to log. I need to buy the software from Sean.

"BOOM, HEADSHOT"

Old 02-18-2015, 08:37 AM

Member #11283
Quote:
Originally Posted by MOD(S)QUAD View Post
When I read your emails to Sean you mentioned that the belt he sends with his setup doesn't fit on your truck.... why is that I wonder ?

Did the truck run right before the new cam was installed ? Was it degreed properly ?
I know your frustrated but I wouldn't let the builder off the hook so easy unless you think they are incompetent (then I would recommend a lawyer). I'm thinking that going back to a stock cam may be the answer with the info you provided
I believe it was, the timing sensor gives me a reading inline with the numbers I go from Sean. I am going to write a letter of intent.

"BOOM, HEADSHOT"