Go Back   Dodge Ram SRT-10 Forum - Viper Truck Club of America > Viper Truck SRT-10 Discussion > General Discussion
Home Forum Register FAQ Members List Social Groups Calendar Garage Mark Forums Read

General Discussion

Need help with my srt10 problem with the dealership

This is a discussion on Need help with my srt10 problem with the dealership within the General Discussion forums, part of the Viper Truck SRT-10 Discussion category!
Hi my name is kyle, my father John Ray Phillips that is a Desert Storm Veteran, owner of a 2004 ...

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By sublimeswinger

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-29-2017, 05:16 AM

Member #17097
Need help with my srt10 problem with the dealership

Hi my name is kyle, my father John Ray Phillips that is a Desert Storm Veteran, owner of a 2004 dodge ram srt10 2 door with an 8.3l v10 505 ci. I need help because the dealership here in Tucson, Az is trying to screw with the truck at Jim Click Dodge at the Tucson Auto Mall .Its in the shop getting a camshaft position sensor done. It has a problem, where it wont go over 2000rpm because it backfires whenever u try to go over the 2000rpm where it had originally reached 2500rpm. Jim click dodge dealership had been telling us that the PCM needed to be updated and that it had been done. The dealership has been acting fishy and they have had it for 3 weeks, saying the computer showed 5 codes, than 2 codes, than 7 codes that needed to be cleared. We had originally brought the truck in* to clear these codes because the truck was stuck in limp mode. The dealership service advisor at jim click dodge , we have reason to believe may be trying to minipulate the terms of the* extended warranty by trying to make us pay for the PCM and Camshaft Position Sensor.It has as of right now 18,843 miles on it and now the dealership put 206 miles over the past three weeks saying that the camshaft position sensor was fused together by the magnet. They have offered him $80,000 to $100,000 to buy the truck without giving us a reason as to why they wanted to buy it.* But we believe it is beacuse of the low milage on the truck which is seen as rare. He has no intention of selling it, just getting it fixed. They have had it long enough now and it should have been fixed.... So if there are any srt10 owners that can help us with any advice, to get it back up and running and out of the shop we would appreciate it , before they ruin it, trying to get their hands on it.

List of what it has, that is not factory on it:
Billet flywheel aluminum (not broken in yet needs 500 miles to be broken in)
Spec Stage 2 plus clutch plates and presure plate ( not beoken in yet, needs 500 miles to be broken in)
K&N air intake filter system
And barely 2 day old , new oem camshaft position sensor that we got from hot cars accessories located in spring hills florida

Thank you i hope to* hear back from you at viper truck club of america ,srt10 owners

Old 07-31-2017, 12:59 PM
West VTCoA Regional Member

Member #15042
If a dealer is offering you 80-100k to buy it, you need to do that and buy another for half the price. Thats a fact! A cam sensor is a 10-15 min fix, shouldnt be that big of deal. They may also be saying it needs to be flashed because it had a tune? Not sure on that, but for 80k sell it!
spinafable likes this.

72 Dart
05 Neon SRT4
05 Neon SRT4 ACR
13 Challenger R/T

05 QC RAM SRT-10
Full forged bottom end
JMB NA62X Cam
Shaved heads with 3 angle valve job
Full Belltech Suspension, shocks, springs, sway bar
2/4 lowering kit, Bassani Headers to Flowmaster exhaust
JTSVP TB, Under drive pulley, Demon coils, JTSVP wires, 170 tstat, Gen. 4 Head Gasket, 1pc 5" Driveshaft
JMB CAI and Catch can, Upper Radiator hard pipe in SUBLIME GREEN
SCT Tune by Todd at A&C Performance
Old 07-31-2017, 10:36 PM

Member #17053
Agree ^^^ 18k mile SRT10s are fairly easy to find for much much less...just look around the internet.
Old 07-31-2017, 10:43 PM
1800HP Club. And climbing
Canadian VTCoA Regional Member

Member #7
Send a message via MSN to SRT10VENOMOUS Send a message via Yahoo to SRT10VENOMOUS
I think what he needs to do is put in new muffler bearings, they typically wear out and cause the exhaust flow to get gummed up and that causes the truck to fall on its face and back fire.

I think he should also check the Crank Damper fluid,, If thats low it could be throwing his crank sensor out of wack.. and may cause the RPM to shoot up like hes saying.

And worst case if those two items are ok I bet its the cam shaft tightener if those get lose then you get some real problems.. and that is where the snap on tuner helps with changing the rev limiter as the cam is all out of wack..

Hey sory for messin wiht you bro... I know these trucks can be tricky but check those items and im pretty sure you will get her running again, and i bet youll even dyno over the 600hp you were telling us about..

Good luck..
04 SRT-10 Ram #849

04 SRT10 Ram - under construction