Go Back   Dodge Ram SRT-10 Forum - Viper Truck Club of America > Viper Truck SRT-10 Discussion > General Discussion
Home Forum Register FAQ Members List Social Groups Calendar Garage Mark Forums Read

General Discussion

OIL CAP LEAKING, WTF!!!!

This is a discussion on OIL CAP LEAKING, WTF!!!! within the General Discussion forums, part of the Viper Truck SRT-10 Discussion category!
I put my jmb cai and catch can on a little over a week ago.Really like it.Looks awesome.Moved my truck ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-02-2007, 08:54 PM
VIPER POWERED

Member #416
Cool OIL CAP LEAKING, WTF!!!!

I put my jmb cai and catch can on a little over a week ago.Really like it.Looks awesome.Moved my truck on sunday and noticed a couple oil spots! WTF!! Starting looking thinking it was maybe a loose bolt or something from my last service.Had the trans serviced and oil changed.Crawled under to have a look.Noticed the oil was a little farther forward.Popped the hood and saw some oil around the cap and a little puddle under on the valve cover.UHHHA!Found the problem.But why All my lines seem ok going into the catch can.(no kinks) Catch can seems to be working alright.Hot air and a little steam coming out while she's running.Spoke with Justin at JMB and also
the mopar connection to see what they thought.Maybe just a loose capCranked it tight until it cliks and a couple more for good measure.Got home from work and BAM, More freaking OIL!!Wondering if anyone else has had their cap go bad.I dont think it has anything to do with my catch can.Will try a new cap.Hopefully the dodge dealer has one.Any ideas?

I was also thinking of putting the orig line back on that side and see if it makes any diff.Thanks in advance

Old 07-02-2007, 09:00 PM
VIPER POWERED
West VTCoA Regional Member

Member #79
Quote:
Originally Posted by wont grow old
I put my jmb cai and catch can on a little over a week ago.Really like it.Looks awesome.Moved my truck on sunday and noticed a couple oil spots! WTF!! Starting looking thinking it was maybe a loose bolt or something from my last service.Had the trans serviced and oil changed.Crawled under to have a look.Noticed the oil was a little farther forward.Popped the hood and saw some oil around the cap and a little puddle under on the valve cover.UHHHA!Found the problem.But why All my lines seem ok going into the catch can.(no kinks) Catch can seems to be working alright.Hot air and a little steam coming out while she's running.Spoke with Justin at JMB and also
the mopar connection to see what they thought.Maybe just a loose capCranked it tight until it cliks and a couple more for good measure.Got home from work and BAM, More freaking OIL!!Wondering if anyone else has had their cap go bad.I dont think it has anything to do with my catch can.Will try a new cap.Hopefully the dodge dealer has one.Any ideas?

I was also thinking of putting the orig line back on that side and see if it makes any diff.Thanks in advance
I posted on this awhile back, It is the O ring on the cap. You can replace the O ring or the cap.

J.R.

I will never forget.
Old 07-02-2007, 09:04 PM
VIPER POWERED

Member #416
Quote:
Originally Posted by JRSVIPR
I posted on this awhile back, It is the O ring on the cap. You can replace the O ring or the cap.

J.R.

Yeah thats the answer I was looking for.I dont think mine has an O ring!
Bastards probly lost it last oil change!

Old 07-02-2007, 09:08 PM
VIPER POWERED

Member #79
Quote:
Yeah mine was completely flat. I didn't find an O ring, So i replaced the cap. 12.00 i think.

J.R.

I will never forget.
Old 07-02-2007, 09:15 PM
VIPER POWERED

Member #31
Quote:
Mental note for Won't Grow Old: Change your own oil, change your own transmission fluid, torque your own lug nuts, wash your truck yourself, cherish the time caressing your lovely beast...

Roe Racing TSTM SC, w/Water Meth injection; Roe TB; Westech custom exhaust. Forged w/Diamond Pistons, Oliver Rods, everything Nitride coated, polished and balanced. Stinker Rear End with DTS 4:56 Detroit Locker, Cyroed gears, 35 Spline Strange Axles, Wilwood calipers and rotors, Caltracs. Sponsored by generous spouse, and Tuned by "The Viper Whisperer" Sean Roe.

John Edwards built my engine, as well as Ram From Hells' and TinyGiants'. Shouldn't he build yours?
Old 07-02-2007, 09:16 PM
VIPER POWERED

Member #416
Quote:
Originally Posted by JRSVIPR
Yeah mine was completely flat. I didn't find an O ring, So i replaced the cap. 12.00 i think.

J.R.

Yeah mine probly is too.I hope the dealer has another one in stock.Thanks for the help.

Old 07-02-2007, 09:18 PM
VIPER POWERED

Member #79
Quote:
Yeah mine probly is too.I hope the dealer has another one in stock.Thanks for the help.
Dragon has them.

J.R.

I will never forget.
Old 07-02-2007, 09:19 PM
VIPER POWERED

Member #416
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prof
Mental note for Won't Grow Old: Change your own oil, change your own transmission fluid, torque your own lug nuts, wash your truck yourself, cherish the time caressing your lovely beast...

yeah you are right PROF.I should do all that stuff myself.Lazy,busy,SCARED I might F something up!!

Old 07-02-2007, 09:20 PM
VIPER POWERED

Member #31
I was too then decided that "No Fear" was a better way to live...so I took it slow and started simple...still learning and having fun in the process.

Roe Racing TSTM SC, w/Water Meth injection; Roe TB; Westech custom exhaust. Forged w/Diamond Pistons, Oliver Rods, everything Nitride coated, polished and balanced. Stinker Rear End with DTS 4:56 Detroit Locker, Cyroed gears, 35 Spline Strange Axles, Wilwood calipers and rotors, Caltracs. Sponsored by generous spouse, and Tuned by "The Viper Whisperer" Sean Roe.

John Edwards built my engine, as well as Ram From Hells' and TinyGiants'. Shouldn't he build yours?
Old 07-02-2007, 09:22 PM
VIPER POWERED

Member #89
I had the same exact problem, only I have the Roe breather. I replaced both o-rings on it and presto, no more leaky!!

"Life is like a jar of Jalapeno peppers. What you do today, may Burn Your butt Tomorrow".