Go Back   Dodge Ram SRT-10 Forum - Viper Truck Club of America > Viper Truck SRT-10 Discussion > General Discussion
Home Forum Register FAQ Members List Social Groups Calendar Garage Mark Forums Read

General Discussion

Paxton Supercharger Help!

This is a discussion on Paxton Supercharger Help! within the General Discussion forums, part of the Viper Truck SRT-10 Discussion category!
Ok, I was the guy that bought the supercharger that was posted here last week. I didn't do my home ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-28-2009, 05:43 PM

Member #10390
Paxton Supercharger Help!

Ok, I was the guy that bought the supercharger that was posted here last week. I didn't do my home work so so here I go. The kit was off a R/C 6 speed, I have a Q/C auto everything is interchangeable accept the cam timing tuning box. I can buy a new one for the Q/C from Paxton for $900.00.
Sean @ Roe tells me if I can get the program he can tune my SCT scanner. I contacted DCPerformance because I was told they have a program and they say I have to send the electronic box fron Paxton to them to reprogram as well as my trucks own control box to get better shifting points and up the rpm, costing about the same as a new box from Paxton. Thanks in advance for any suggestions

Old 09-28-2009, 05:49 PM
VIPER POWERED

Member #10497
You may want to also check out B&G. They tend to be a little cheaper and I'm guessing if DC can do it, so can B&G

SOLD
SCT Tune, Cat delete, K&N, Magnaflow cat-back, 2" drop, HID, SRT-10/Viper head Smoked Brake Lights(Carl ccfeyh) Kenwood Radio, Infinity Kappa perfect speakers on JL Audio e4300 amp, JL Audio 10"W3 on JL 250/1 amp
Old 09-28-2009, 05:50 PM
VIPER POWERED

Member #2919
Dc or Roe....all these guys know what they are doing hands down... im tuned with an SCT and love it
Old 09-28-2009, 05:55 PM
Supporting Vendor

Member #71
Email torrie@unleashedtuning.com get the SCT from him and the tunes , mention my name and get the best support in the world,
but you may need a aem or some other wideband to help out with the tuning to get it absolutley perfect, but torrie can get you real close.

but take the time, dont take but a couple seconds to send him an email and jsut see what he thinks for ya. never take the first suggestions, allways check around with everyone
Old 09-28-2009, 06:13 PM
Almost Senior Member

Member #10773
Send a message via AIM to robwclark
This is probably the kit I originally sold. This kit is in great shape, but I dont think you need a different timing box. I think the only dofference is the air breather line and what not. Anyway, this kit will work great for you once you get the bug figured out with the QC differences.
Robert Clark. Cleburne, TX. 2004 Ram SRT10. 2006 Body Conversion. Night Runner Wheels/headlamps. Original block now 530ci. Forged CP Pistons, Stroked Crank, Billet Mains, Crower Cam, Extensive Headwork. Twin Garrett Turbos, Water/Air Intercooler w/ Heat Exchanger. Complete Aeromotive Fuel System, Line Locks, X-Metal TB, Custom Longtube headers, Flowmaster Mufflers, Cal-Tracks. Dynojet. 93 deg on 7 lbs of boost it made 822 RWHP /856 RWT.
Old 09-28-2009, 06:43 PM

Member #10390
It is the kit you had posted. Im just trying to do right by my truck and not hurt her
Old 09-28-2009, 07:35 PM
VIPER POWERED
Southwest VTCoA Regional Member

Member #146
If I were to do it again right now I would go with the SCT and some bigger injectors, and yes you will need to go with bigger injectors because the split second controller also controls the 2 jumper pumps that come in the Paxton kit. Going the with SCT you eliminate cutting into the wire harness and cutting into the fuel line. It will cut down on your install time for sure.
2004 Build #2666
Im BACK...
Old 09-28-2009, 08:32 PM
VIPER POWERED

Member #74
Quote:
Originally Posted by LitemUp
If I were to do it again right now I would go with the SCT and some bigger injectors, and yes you will need to go with bigger injectors because the split second controller also controls the 2 jumper pumps that come in the Paxton kit. Going the with SCT you eliminate cutting into the wire harness and cutting into the fuel line. It will cut down on your install time for sure.

yup on this+1
Old 09-28-2009, 08:55 PM
VIPER POWERED

Member #436
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stinker
Email torrie@unleashedtuning.com get the SCT from him and the tunes , mention my name and get the best support in the world,
but you may need a aem or some other wideband to help out with the tuning to get it absolutley perfect, but torrie can get you real close.

but take the time, dont take but a couple seconds to send him an email and jsut see what he thinks for ya. never take the first suggestions, allways check around with everyone

Best advice given...heed it...

2013 CHALLENGER SRT8 AUTO IN BLACK * LMI TRUE CAI * ARRINGTON STAGE II ALUM INTAKE* KW COIL OVERS * CORSA EXTREME CATBACK * MAGNAFLOW HIGH FLOW CATS * 3.23 GETRAG LSD * PARAMOUNT DOMINATOR 3800 STALL CONVERTER * SPEEDLOGIX LIGHTWEIGHT FACIA MOUNT * ARRINGTON 6.4 BASED 426 STROKER * 517 RWHP / 536 RWTQ * MODERN MUSCLE 87 MM PORTED THROTTLE BODY * COMP VVT CAM CUSTOM GRIND FOR ARRINGTON * TUNED BY THE HEMITUNER.....

Old 09-28-2009, 10:34 PM

Member #4848
Quote:
Originally Posted by LitemUp

Yup + 2