Go Back   Dodge Ram SRT-10 Forum - Viper Truck Club of America > Viper Truck SRT-10 Discussion > General Discussion
Home Forum Register FAQ Members List Social Groups Calendar Garage Mark Forums Read

General Discussion

A Pleasant Dealer Experience

This is a discussion on A Pleasant Dealer Experience within the General Discussion forums, part of the Viper Truck SRT-10 Discussion category!
I bought my 06 RC, brand new this past January. It just turned over 1500 miles. Most of those were ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-08-2008, 05:50 PM
VIPER POWERED

Member #3761
A Pleasant Dealer Experience

I bought my 06 RC, brand new this past January. It just turned over 1500 miles. Most of those were logged driving the truck back home. The other day I was washing it and noticed the front calipers seemed faded almost pinkish looking, instead of red and there were several nicks in the caliper faces. I did a search here and it seems the fading or finish deterioration is a common problem. At first I was going to paint them. Then I thought, wait a minute, the truck is still under warranty and I purchased an extended service plan. So, off to my local dealer. The dealer inspected them. After some discussion, new calipers and pads on order. I must say my dealer Great service and they take great care of the customer.

2006 DR SRT-10 RC, MOPAR Sirius Sat Radio, Silverstar head and fog lamps, JMB CAI, B&M Shifter w/Cherry Performance Lever, JTSVP Oil Lines, Night Runner Headlights, Mopar/Borla Cat Back and Gallons of Wax and Wheel Cleaner

SOLD May 5, 2012
Old 06-08-2008, 05:54 PM
VIPER POWERED
West VTCoA Regional Member

Member #92
Some dealers (a scant few) can be really awesome.......... Glad one was yers.

D

"Tact: the ability to tell a man to "go to Hell" and make him feel happy to be on his way."
Old 06-08-2008, 05:56 PM
VIPER POWERED
Southwest VTCoA Regional Member

Member #2372
new calipers for faded paint??? sounds unusual for sure
Old 06-08-2008, 06:03 PM
Almost Senior Member

Member #139
Pads are also not suppose to be covered

Old 06-08-2008, 06:05 PM
VIPER POWERED

Member #3761
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZCx
new calipers for faded paint??? sounds unusual for sure
I don't know, it seems some here have had the problem. But what struck me as odd was low mileage and little or no abuse, yet the finish failure was occurring. I wash the wheels and calipers with car wash soap and use Mopar's wheel cleaner if the dust gets too heavy. I told the dealer, the calipers work great and will toss ya into the steering wheel if not careful when applying the brakes. But, they do look like dung and when we were inspecting them we noticed the bleeder screw threads were beginning to show signs of surface corrosion (rust), as the threads threaded into the caliper body. This too seemed strange with a low mileage vehicle so the calipers go bye bye.

2006 DR SRT-10 RC, MOPAR Sirius Sat Radio, Silverstar head and fog lamps, JMB CAI, B&M Shifter w/Cherry Performance Lever, JTSVP Oil Lines, Night Runner Headlights, Mopar/Borla Cat Back and Gallons of Wax and Wheel Cleaner

SOLD May 5, 2012
Old 06-08-2008, 06:07 PM
VIPER POWERED

Member #3761
Quote:
Originally Posted by 94rt10ohio
Pads are also not suppose to be covered
A free offer of goodwill from the dealer? I am not going to question what they replace under warranty. All I know is parts will be replaced at no cost to me.

SOLD May 5, 2012
Old 06-08-2008, 08:23 PM
VIPER POWERED
Southeast VTCoA Regional Member

Member #153
The new one's will fade over time too. Clear coat them to keep them nice and new looking. These are my originals which looked like you described before cleaning and brushing on some Rustoleum Crystal Clear paint.