Go Back   Dodge Ram SRT-10 Forum - Viper Truck Club of America > Viper Truck SRT-10 Discussion > General Discussion
Home Forum Register FAQ Members List Social Groups Calendar Garage Mark Forums Read

General Discussion

Shaking

This is a discussion on Shaking within the General Discussion forums, part of the Viper Truck SRT-10 Discussion category!
OK maybe somebody could help me out here I'm getting shaking vibration in the front and sometimes it's at low-speed ...

Like Tree3Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-03-2017, 04:40 PM

Member #15020
Shaking

OK maybe somebody could help me out here I'm getting shaking vibration in the front and sometimes it's at low-speed sometimes high-speed it comes and goes and comes goes sometimes it's a little vibration and sometimes it's a lot of vibration shaking my steering wheel and and dashboard

Old 03-03-2017, 04:49 PM
VIPER POWERED
Southwest VTCoA Regional Member

Member #13578
sounds like a bad balance on the tires---try that first------or it could just be Friday nite shaking. Ya know, "a whole lot of shaking going on."

Belanger headers, 3Ē aluminized pipe w/VX series mufflers, Venomous UD pulley, K&N FIPK Cold Air Kit, Roe Racing Throttle Body, MSD plug wires, Venomous Racing 2400 torque converter, HTS Valve Body and shift kit, SCT tuned by Chris Jensen and DR VIPER at Venomous Racing.

Last edited by shorty; 03-03-2017 at 04:58 PM.
Old 03-03-2017, 04:52 PM

Member #15020
Thanks for the reply shoring just put new tires on two and had them re-checked
Old 03-03-2017, 05:17 PM
VIPER POWERED

Member #13578
then more than likely you have some really loose front end ball joints, a-frame or steering. How many miles on the beast?

Belanger headers, 3Ē aluminized pipe w/VX series mufflers, Venomous UD pulley, K&N FIPK Cold Air Kit, Roe Racing Throttle Body, MSD plug wires, Venomous Racing 2400 torque converter, HTS Valve Body and shift kit, SCT tuned by Chris Jensen and DR VIPER at Venomous Racing.
Old 03-03-2017, 05:23 PM
VIPER POWERED
Southwest VTCoA Regional Rep
2013 Viper Truck of The Month

Member #10675
Bad wheel bearing is a good possibility. Grab top and bottom of tire and wiggle back and forth. See if there's slop

Home of the SuperSnake hoods NOW AVAILABLE! :
Venomous1 Racing Traction/Transfer Systems coming to an SRT-10 near you
Venomous1 Racing Underdrive Pulleys for Gen3 SRT-10 Viper Trucks and Coupes available now!!

** 1 OF 5 2005 SRT-10 Quad Cab Tremec T56
Equipped**
Home of the First and Fastest 6 Speed SRT10 Quad Cab...The VENOMOUS1

Your Viper Coupe and Truck go fast and appearance parts GO-TO guy!!
Old 03-03-2017, 08:15 PM

Member #15020
Venomous one raising

Venomous one raisingyeah I did that too I even took my mechanic for a ride in it and he's dumbfounded about it to
Old 03-03-2017, 08:16 PM

Member #15020
Venomous one racing my mechanic thinks it might be the harmonic balancer being out could that be a possibility
Old 03-03-2017, 09:16 PM

Member #12699
There have been times when the bolt on the front of the crank comes loose.
Far2Quik likes this.
Old 03-04-2017, 04:12 PM
Southeast VTCoA Regional Member

Member #11941
Not sure a loose harmonic balancer would cause your steering wheel to shake, good to look at but probably not the issue. How straight are your wheels? It's possible to have a bent rim that can cause vibration issues.
SRTRAM10 likes this.
99 3000GT VR4
Old 04-14-2017, 02:41 AM
You got a Hemi?

Member #16568
It's not the harmonic balancer. I've gone down a 20 thousand dollar road trying to figure the shaking out. In and out of dealer and they replased harmonic balancer, replaced ujoints, balanced drive shaft. Outer tie rods. Rebuilt rear end. Brakes rotors tires. Springs and shocks. Replaced hubs. Replaced upper control arms etc. still working on it. Oh and rebuilt transmission. Since then I had problems with check engine and stalling with rough idle. Replaced throttle position sensor and crank sensor. It fixed the problem. No more sputter or dying out. I've read that a lot of people have had the issue with rough idle and dying out on them. Recommend replacing both sensors and don't forget to disconnect the positive and negative for a bit. Replace sensors and before connecting touch the terminals together for about 30 second to clear old sensor errors. It's not the same as just disconnecting negative. It worked for me.

Last edited by VNDK8TR; 04-14-2017 at 02:52 AM. Reason: Forgot to add in a part that was replaced