Go Back   Dodge Ram SRT-10 Forum - Viper Truck Club of America > Viper Truck SRT-10 Discussion > General Discussion
Home Forum Register FAQ Members List Social Groups Calendar Garage Mark Forums Read

General Discussion

Silver05 update

This is a discussion on Silver05 update within the General Discussion forums, part of the Viper Truck SRT-10 Discussion category!

Like Tree37Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-25-2018, 10:34 PM

Member #16573
Silver05 update

So as a lot of you know back in October my truck just lost power and shot oil all out of the dipstick on to the engine, I had it towed to the dealership where they said it was bad coils, I took them some coils, spark plugs and wires, and guess what , that wasnít the issue as i have told them itís probably a valve or a piston , fast forward to February the truck is still sitting at the dealership, broke down ! They havnt touched it ! They got a quote and it was 15-20k for the motor or 6500 for the heads to get rebuilt from some one back east, NOW Iím a point, where Iíve asked them to let me get all my personal belongings out of it, and let the bank deal with it, I called the bank and the bank said try to settle it with them Good luck ! So now Iím fucked ! Fix it or call an Atty, the year that Iíve owned it I only had it like 2 months, giving payments on something I donít have !

Old 02-25-2018, 11:48 PM
Almost Senior Member
Midwest VTCoA Regional Member

Member #13290
Okay, so get it home, pull the valve covers off and buy a borescope. Take the oil pain off and inspect everything.

Nothing on these engines is hard to do. Fix it and enjoy it, nothing to cry about over.

AJ
'04
Full bolt on, 2/3 drop, 4:56's +lots of extras.

Boost Coming Soon.

Old 02-26-2018, 12:39 AM

Member #16573
Well considering when I bought it, 2 days the trans took a shit , they had it for almost 3 months, now this bs, why should I dump more $ in to it ? Shouldn’t they be liable for it ?
Old 02-26-2018, 11:16 AM
Almost Senior Member

Member #15071
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pirana131313 View Post
Okay, so get it home, pull the valve covers off and buy a borescope. Take the oil pain off and inspect everything.

Nothing on these engines is hard to do. Fix it and enjoy it, nothing to cry about over.
Motor has to come out to remove oil pan
Old 02-26-2018, 03:00 PM
1800HP Club. And climbing
Canadian VTCoA Regional Member

Member #7
Send a message via MSN to SRT10VENOMOUS Send a message via Yahoo to SRT10VENOMOUS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver05 View Post
Well considering when I bought it, 2 days the trans took a shit , they had it for almost 3 months, now this bs, why should I dump more $ in to it ? Shouldnít they be liable for it ?
So you made a purchase and want to blame someone else for it?? now since you messed up you want the bank to take your loss?? can we say SNOWFLAKE WTF.. Be a man you bought something and like an idiot you didnt have it checked out correctly or you didnt buy a aftermarket warranty and now its someone elses fault..

I feel sorry for you America... wow, just wow..
Wifey and TheMoparConnection like this.
04 SRT-10 Ram #849

04 SRT10 Ram - under construction

Old 02-26-2018, 05:34 PM
Almost Senior Member

Member #15071
In silvers defense I think it is bs that they have had his truck for 5 months with no work done or answers. He could have been working on it the last 5 months. Thats why I stay away from stealerships and fix my truck myself
Wifey likes this.
Old 02-26-2018, 07:46 PM
VIPER POWERED
Southwest VTCoA Regional Member

Member #278
sounds like the dealership is waiting on Silver to make a decision on what he wants to do?
Wifey likes this.
Old 02-26-2018, 07:56 PM
1800HP Club. And climbing
Canadian VTCoA Regional Member

Member #7
Send a message via MSN to SRT10VENOMOUS Send a message via Yahoo to SRT10VENOMOUS
Quote:
Originally Posted by IronAffliction View Post
In silvers defense I think it is bs that they have had his truck for 5 months with no work done or answers. He could have been working on it the last 5 months. Thats why I stay away from stealerships and fix my truck myself

True the dealer has it, but hes saying that he bought a truck and does not think its his responsibility to fix it, and that the bank should just eat the truck cost and he walks away from his loan.. And since he took it to a dealer who is doing nothing with it and he does not have the brains to take it somewhere else he just leaves it there and complains that its been sitting at the dealer... Well what do you expect sir,, you took your truck to a dealer they quoted you to replace your motor you did not agree to pay the quote.. so they just pulled it outside and let it sit.. Do you expect magic dust to be sprinkled on the truck and have it delivered to your home working? your complaining that you should not make payments on a truck that is broken?? how is that the banks fault??

. And that he needs to get a lawyer ?? who is he going to sue.. should sue himself for being stupid... ( making payments on something i dont have) you dont have it because you took it to a dealership and left it there and never picked it up...!!!! whos fault is that???

Shit its Trumps fault... i knew it. I should have knows... if hillary was president none of this would of happened...

Seriously bro. go to the dealership, hook up your truck tow it home and ( clearly your not mechanically inclined ) so i wont recommend you do anything to it, but you can get some help from a local mechanic or one of the vendors on here, get the motor fixed and then immediately sell it and go buy a prius
Wifey and TheMoparConnection like this.
04 SRT-10 Ram #849

04 SRT10 Ram - under construction

Old 02-26-2018, 08:11 PM
Almost Senior Member

Member #15071
He took it there in oct but they just now tore into it and said its the heads. They have had 5 months to figure it out kept giving excuses and saying they need a special mechanic because the viper motor is so special lol. I was in the same boat I understand why he took it back to the dealer. I bought my truck and 3 days later tranny was toast I wanted them to fix it they said they would pay for half I said f it and did my self cause it was for a used tranny. Yes it was my fault I didn't look it over very well (do not buy a truck extremely hung over) and I did not buy a warranty stupid me
SRT10VENOMOUS likes this.
Old 02-27-2018, 08:50 AM
VIPER POWERED
Southwest VTCoA Regional Member

Member #13578
Hmm, sounds to me like you should only be allowed to take mass transit and never be allowed in a bank.
SRT10VENOMOUS likes this.

Belanger headers, 3Ē aluminized pipe w/VX series mufflers, Venomous UD pulley, K&N FIPK Cold Air Kit, Roe Racing Throttle Body, MSD plug wires, Venomous Racing 2400 torque converter, HTS Valve Body and shift kit, SCT tuned by Chris Jensen and DR VIPER at Venomous Racing.