Go Back   Dodge Ram SRT-10 Forum - Viper Truck Club of America > Viper Truck SRT-10 Discussion > General Discussion
Home Forum Register FAQ Members List Social Groups Calendar Garage Mark Forums Read

General Discussion

Silver05 update

This is a discussion on Silver05 update within the General Discussion forums, part of the Viper Truck SRT-10 Discussion category!
Geez let’s cut the guy some slack here truck is down for the count for now at least. But their ...

Like Tree37Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-27-2018, 11:02 AM

Member #15883
Geez let’s cut the guy some slack here truck is down for the count for now at least. But their right I cant see how it’s the banks or dealership responsibility unless your paying the dealership to fix bud srt venemous is right tow it out of there ASAP get some outside help at this point good luck bro

Old 02-27-2018, 01:30 PM

Member #16870
Quote:
Originally Posted by IronAffliction View Post
He took it there in oct but they just now tore into it and said its the heads. They have had 5 months to figure it out kept giving excuses and saying they need a special mechanic because the viper motor is so special lol. I was in the same boat I understand why he took it back to the dealer. I bought my truck and 3 days later tranny was toast I wanted them to fix it they said they would pay for half I said f it and did my self cause it was for a used tranny. Yes it was my fault I didn't look it over very well (do not buy a truck extremely hung over) and I did not buy a warranty stupid me
+1

Silver and I actually both came over from the Dakota R/T (Kept mine as a DD). He bought his because of my inspiring post about buying mine around the same time. Despite him jumping in and buying it impulsively in that shape I fully agree about the dealership thing. They jerked him around quite a bit on what was actually wrong instead of being up front with him 5 months ago.

Hell when I had those shifting problems with mine, before I took matters into my own hands and fixed it by flushing the clutch and transmission fluid, the Dodge dealer wanted to charge me 10 grand to replace a T56 with less than 3000 miles on it. Owning a Terminator with the same transmission I could smell the bullshit from a mile away. At the end of the day its because it has the "Viper" logo on it. Thats all there is to it.

But I digress.

Unfortunately I guess you have to roll with the punches in a situation like this.
Wifey likes this.

Last edited by Dr.Bleed; 02-27-2018 at 02:00 PM.
Old 02-27-2018, 09:39 PM
Almost Senior Member

Member #373
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Bleed View Post
+1

Silver and I actually both came over from the Dakota R/T (Kept mine as a DD). He bought his because of my inspiring post about buying mine around the same time. Despite him jumping in and buying it impulsively in that shape I fully agree about the dealership thing. They jerked him around quite a bit on what was actually wrong instead of being up front with him 5 months ago.

Hell when I had those shifting problems with mine, before I took matters into my own hands and fixed it by flushing the clutch and transmission fluid, the Dodge dealer wanted to charge me 10 grand to replace a T56 with less than 3000 miles on it. Owning a Terminator with the same transmission I could smell the bullshit from a mile away. At the end of the day its because it has the "Viper" logo on it. Thats all there is to it.

But I digress.

Unfortunately I guess you have to roll with the punches in a situation like this.
Back in the day the dealerships knew how to work on these trucks and the cars. Now there suggestion for every problem is to replace everything.

I would have been in the same situation as silver 05 a few years ago when my truck bent a piston rod. At the time I didn't know what was wrong with it so I took it to a dealership and they told me it was a spun bearing and I needed a new motor for 15k. I brought it back home the next day and searched and found a shop in GA that built fast vipers and had them rebuild my motor for about 8k. Its been running fine since then.

His best bet is to get his truck back and find a shop that knows about the viper v10. Also it does suck paying for a 5200 lb lawn ornament when your vehicle is dead in the water. Been there with mine.
Wifey and Dr.Bleed like this.
Old 02-28-2018, 12:20 AM

Member #16573
From day 1 they said we are hiring a Top gun to work on it, I’ve called weekly to check on it , “we will get back to you “ never a return call from the gm or the manager from the shop, as far as mechanicaly inclined , I’ve built my 5.9 rt, and lots of Chevy motors it’s not my first rodeo, and I don’t want it done for free, but the gm and the shop both said we will fix it and eat it!
Old 02-28-2018, 12:40 AM
VIPER POWERED
West VTCoA Regional Member

Member #6
Quote:
Originally Posted by earl lee View Post
Back in the day the dealerships knew how to work on these trucks and the cars. Now there suggestion for every problem is to replace everything.

I would have been in the same situation as silver 05 a few years ago when my truck bent a piston rod. At the time I didn't know what was wrong with it so I took it to a dealership and they told me it was a spun bearing and I needed a new motor for 15k. I brought it back home the next day and searched and found a shop in GA that built fast vipers and had them rebuild my motor for about 8k. Its been running fine since then.

His best bet is to get his truck back and find a shop that knows about the viper v10. Also it does suck paying for a 5200 lb lawn ornament when your vehicle is dead in the water. Been there with mine.
By back in the day you mean when they built real cars and trucks, right?

"Life's tough..... It's even tougher if you're stupid." John Wayne

Long Live the Queen
2004 Red
997/3057
Stock!!! NOW 5,830 miles
Old 02-28-2018, 12:45 AM
VIPER POWERED

Member #6
Quote:
Originally Posted by SRT10VENOMOUS View Post
True the dealer has it, but hes saying that he bought a truck and does not think its his responsibility to fix it, and that the bank should just eat the truck cost and he walks away from his loan.. And since he took it to a dealer who is doing nothing with it and he does not have the brains to take it somewhere else he just leaves it there and complains that its been sitting at the dealer... Well what do you expect sir,, you took your truck to a dealer they quoted you to replace your motor you did not agree to pay the quote.. so they just pulled it outside and let it sit.. Do you expect magic dust to be sprinkled on the truck and have it delivered to your home working? your complaining that you should not make payments on a truck that is broken?? how is that the banks fault??

. And that he needs to get a lawyer ?? who is he going to sue.. should sue himself for being stupid... ( making payments on something i dont have) you dont have it because you took it to a dealership and left it there and never picked it up...!!!! whos fault is that???

Shit its Trumps fault... i knew it. I should have knows... if hillary was president none of this would of happened...

Seriously bro. go to the dealership, hook up your truck tow it home and ( clearly your not mechanically inclined ) so i wont recommend you do anything to it, but you can get some help from a local mechanic or one of the vendors on here, get the motor fixed and then immediately sell it and go buy a prius
I TOTALLY AGREE!!!

With exception of the prius and the Hillary part oh and I don't know about the mechanical adeptness either. But YES, rescue it from the stealership

Long Live the Queen
2004 Red
997/3057
Stock!!! NOW 5,830 miles
Old 02-28-2018, 12:47 AM
VIPER POWERED

Member #6
Quote:
Originally Posted by SRT10VENOMOUS View Post
So you made a purchase and want to blame someone else for it?? now since you messed up you want the bank to take your loss?? can we say SNOWFLAKE WTF.. Be a man you bought something and like an idiot you didnt have it checked out correctly or you didnt buy a aftermarket warranty and now its someone elses fault..

I feel sorry for you America... wow, just wow..
Might check into the Lemon Law, maybe it applies??? You SNOWBACKS are mean LOL LOL

Long Live the Queen
2004 Red
997/3057
Stock!!! NOW 5,830 miles
Old 02-28-2018, 12:49 AM
VIPER POWERED

Member #6
Quote:
Motor has to come out to remove oil pan
I have a beautiful stock untouched OEM oil pan NIB stock rocks

Long Live the Queen
2004 Red
997/3057
Stock!!! NOW 5,830 miles
Old 02-28-2018, 01:43 AM
Almost Senior Member
Midwest VTCoA Regional Member

Member #13290
Quote:
Motor has to come out to remove oil pan
I've never had mine off, but im not sure why except for a welded crossmember on a '04.
Is there something in the way up front and the pickup tube hang down too far?

too late to go out to the garage and check.

AJ
'04
Full bolt on, 2/3 drop, 4:56's +lots of extras.

Boost Coming Soon.

Old 02-28-2018, 01:49 AM
Almost Senior Member
Midwest VTCoA Regional Member

Member #13290
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Bleed View Post
+1

But I digress.

What year Termi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver05 View Post
From day 1 they said we are hiring a Top gun to work on it, Iíve called weekly to check on it , ďwe will get back to you ď never a return call from the gm or the manager from the shop, as far as mechanicaly inclined , Iíve built my 5.9 rt, and lots of Chevy motors itís not my first rodeo, and I donít want it done for free, but the gm and the shop both said we will fix it and eat it!
I'm not exactly sure what is going on here. If you built your 360, then what are you waiting on.
SRT10VENOMOUS and Erobins like this.

AJ
'04
Full bolt on, 2/3 drop, 4:56's +lots of extras.

Boost Coming Soon.