Go Back   Dodge Ram SRT-10 Forum - Viper Truck Club of America > Viper Truck SRT-10 Discussion > General Discussion
Home Forum Register FAQ Members List Social Groups Calendar Garage Mark Forums Read

General Discussion

Srt-10 Value with aftermarket parts

This is a discussion on Srt-10 Value with aftermarket parts within the General Discussion forums, part of the Viper Truck SRT-10 Discussion category!
New member here. I'm currently shopping around for a RC srt-10. I'm looking at a truck that has aftermarket headlights, ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-24-2018, 05:15 PM
You got a Hemi?

Member #18668
Srt-10 Value with aftermarket parts

New member here. I'm currently shopping around for a RC srt-10. I'm looking at a truck that has aftermarket headlights, tail lights, cai, and long tube headers. The owner does not have the oem parts that were removed. I was wondering if the experts on here would think that would lower the value of the truck, stay the same, or increase it? It seems to me the more expensive trucks I see listed have low miles and are stock. If everything goes correctly I'm hoping to own a truck the week after 4th of July. Thanks for any input.

Old 06-24-2018, 08:29 PM
VIPER POWERED
Canadian VTCoA Regional Member

Member #345
It depends.

Are you buying the truck then looking for o.e.m. parts, hoping it will go up in value as a completely original SRT-10? In which case, you're likely going to be concerned with logging miles, etc.?

In other words, are you saving it for some future buyer??

Or, are you buying it to drive and enjoy it yourself?

In my case, I bought mine brand new and wasn't happy with the stock performance and 30 grand later, I'm happy with it.
Realistically, money invested in QUALITY performance mods will easily lose 50% of their original purchase cost on a sale.

Some guys are terrified of mods and will try to low-ball an asking price unless it has the original air in the tires.

I may sell mine one day, but right now I just enjoy it too much to think about that.

It's been sort of a performance experiment for me that turned out really well and I have it just the way I like it.
I had ZERO concerns about what some future buyer might think of the changes I've made.

Back to: "It depends".
15.0 L/100 km. or 15.68 U.S. Miles Per Gallon
5600 pounds
11.88@115 MPH in "D" for Drive

No Power Adders
Full B&B Exhaust with (4) Cats
Unported Street-Striker Heads w Custom Roller
Unported O.E.M. Intake Manifold
FSTJACK Hand-Ported TB
MONSTER R/X Dual-Vacuum Catch-Can
A built 48RE transmission that actually keeps working!
Tuned by Maestro Chris Jensen

Last edited by rottenronnie; 06-24-2018 at 08:57 PM.
Old 06-24-2018, 10:36 PM
Almost Senior Member

Member #373
OEM headlights and tail lights can be sourced and put back on the truck. I'd only be concern with a truck that has a power adder on it with no built motor.

For me it would lower the value by about 200 bucks or so but not much more than that. When I was shopping for mine used I was looking for a bone stock example though and was willing to pay more for it as well.
Old 06-25-2018, 07:31 AM
You got a Hemi?

Member #18668
If / when I get a truck I do plan on driving it. I live in Wisconsin so it'll get parked 4-5 months out of the year due to the snow though. The salt on the roads destroys vehicles. The reason I ask about the aftermarket parts is some of the backyard mechanics that install these parts don't do very high quality work. I bought a used g body Cutlass once and after I got it home and started working on it I looked under the dash to find the worst gauge wiring I've ever seen in my life. It was a mess. Have you ever seen a ground wire ran from the alternator into the cab to ground a oil pressure gauge? I did on this car. The previous owner also apparently only had 1 roll of red wire that was used for everything, power and ground. It might not be a good example cause an SRT-10 is a much higher end vehicle than a 87 Cutlass but the aftmarket parts make me a bit nervous because you never know who installed them. I also would like the option to go back to stock because if I would ever sell it I thought I'd get more for it. Maybe that's not the case.