Go Back   Dodge Ram SRT-10 Forum - Viper Truck Club of America > Viper Truck SRT-10 Discussion > General Discussion
Home Forum Register FAQ Members List Social Groups Calendar Garage Mark Forums Read

General Discussion

Tea or Highball?

This is a discussion on Tea or Highball? within the General Discussion forums, part of the Viper Truck SRT-10 Discussion category!
I am having 2nd thoughts about the Hurst T handle.....I had T handles on past cars but now I am ...

View Poll Results: Which Looks better?...
"T" handle looks better... 3 15.79%
Cue Ball looks better... 9 47.37%
Get a grip on things...(Pistol Grip) 7 36.84%
Voters: 19. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-28-2008, 11:17 PM
VIPER POWERED

Member #436
Tea or Highball?

I am having 2nd thoughts about the Hurst T handle.....I had T handles on past cars but now I am thinking the ball feels and looks better....The question here is not whether it feels better...doesnt matter how it feels to others..it has to feel good to me........but if I was showing the truck should I throw the T on?..

2013 CHALLENGER SRT8 AUTO IN BLACK * LMI TRUE CAI * ARRINGTON STAGE II ALUM INTAKE* KW COIL OVERS * CORSA EXTREME CATBACK * MAGNAFLOW HIGH FLOW CATS * 3.23 GETRAG LSD * PARAMOUNT DOMINATOR 3800 STALL CONVERTER * SPEEDLOGIX LIGHTWEIGHT FACIA MOUNT * ARRINGTON 6.4 BASED 426 STROKER * 517 RWHP / 536 RWTQ * MODERN MUSCLE 87 MM PORTED THROTTLE BODY * COMP VVT CAM CUSTOM GRIND FOR ARRINGTON * TUNED BY THE HEMITUNER.....

Last edited by TNVIPER; 07-28-2008 at 11:24 PM.
Old 07-28-2008, 11:21 PM
VIPER POWERED

Member #4312
Send a message via MSN to supercar1of1
How about a pistol grip w/black inserts?

94' Lincoln Town Car-5.4DOHC,Procharger
Old 07-28-2008, 11:42 PM
VIPER POWERED
Southeast VTCoA Regional Member
2012 Viper Truck of The Month

Member #520
Aw hell Larry, just use vise-grips.
Cal-Tracs, 4.56 gears Cold Fusion Nitrous system, Viper clutch hydraulics, JMB CAI, Catch Can,Line Loc Tick Transmission modified T-56
Old 07-28-2008, 11:50 PM
VIPER POWERED

Member #436
Quote:
Originally Posted by FATJACK
Aw hell Larry, just use vise-grips.
Too late to add that option..

2013 CHALLENGER SRT8 AUTO IN BLACK * LMI TRUE CAI * ARRINGTON STAGE II ALUM INTAKE* KW COIL OVERS * CORSA EXTREME CATBACK * MAGNAFLOW HIGH FLOW CATS * 3.23 GETRAG LSD * PARAMOUNT DOMINATOR 3800 STALL CONVERTER * SPEEDLOGIX LIGHTWEIGHT FACIA MOUNT * ARRINGTON 6.4 BASED 426 STROKER * 517 RWHP / 536 RWTQ * MODERN MUSCLE 87 MM PORTED THROTTLE BODY * COMP VVT CAM CUSTOM GRIND FOR ARRINGTON * TUNED BY THE HEMITUNER.....

Old 07-29-2008, 07:34 AM
VIPER POWERED

Member #276
Attached Thumbnails
pics_of_08_017.jpg  
2005 Dodge Ram SRT-10 Yellow Fever #146 out of 200 , mods ? a few..... SOLD
1997 GTS - let the modding begin.
srt-10 pics : http://picasaweb.google.com/moparrac...UntitledAlbum#

Old 07-29-2008, 07:41 AM
VIPER POWERED
2013 Viper Truck of The Month

Member #2263
Stock factory ball. Nice leather for comfort and hand traction plus the great factory look, 06 Interior rocks. You didn't state what shifter you're running. Gen X-Metal shifters twist so the Pistol grip and T-Handle wouldn't be a wise choice, the ball makes the twist unnoticible. I've never used the T-Handle, always been a ball shifter guy, from the old White Hurst days. Looked at getting one of those classic white Hurst balls but decided to stay with the tried and true factory ball. 0.02c Pistol grips are cool but being a RHD car the grips would need to be custom made to suit (see: $$$) plus with the gen-x the twist would kill the buzz. I stuck with the ball and have pistol grips in E-Body cars.

Old 07-29-2008, 07:59 AM
VIPER POWERED

Member #2471
I have a pistol grip. I didn't think I was going to like it at first, but it's great... especially when you're shifting hard.
Sorry I don't have any pics of it with me

http://www.facebook.com/BrosInArmsWAR

“The down payment for the price of freedom is paid for with the sacrifice and blood of our fallen soldiers; the balance is paid for by the lifetime mortgage that is taken out on the lives of our surviving veterans (and their families).” - Lee Alley
Old 07-29-2008, 08:06 AM
VIPER POWERED

Member #3761
I think it depends on what class you would show the truck. Both shifter handles look great and so would a pistol grip. If your going to show in a modfiied or custom show, i would go with the T-handle. If it is a stock class (yeah right like your truck would qualify for that ), then the factory ball would be better. The pistol grip or other type of knob would be better suited for a modified or custom show class.

2006 DR SRT-10 RC, MOPAR Sirius Sat Radio, Silverstar head and fog lamps, JMB CAI, B&M Shifter w/Cherry Performance Lever, JTSVP Oil Lines, Night Runner Headlights, Mopar/Borla Cat Back and Gallons of Wax and Wheel Cleaner

SOLD May 5, 2012
Old 07-29-2008, 01:19 PM
VIPER POWERED

Member #436
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carlwalski
Stock factory ball. Nice leather for comfort and hand traction plus the great factory look, 06 Interior rocks. You didn't state what shifter you're running. Gen X-Metal shifters twist so the Pistol grip and T-Handle wouldn't be a wise choice, the ball makes the twist unnoticible. I've never used the T-Handle, always been a ball shifter guy, from the old White Hurst days. Looked at getting one of those classic white Hurst balls but decided to stay with the tried and true factory ball. 0.02c Pistol grips are cool but being a RHD car the grips would need to be custom made to suit (see: $$$) plus with the gen-x the twist would kill the buzz. I stuck with the ball and have pistol grips in E-Body cars.

I agree Carl...the ball feels much better and i plan to keep it on....lookin for what looks better for show....plan to show it at the Mopar Event at Bristol Speedway in Oct....based on the poll I may need to try a pistol grip..

Old 07-29-2008, 01:30 PM
VIPER POWERED
Southeast VTCoA Regional Member
2012 Viper Truck of The Month

Member #520
Replace that POS B&M curved stick with an 8" straight stick and use a T-Handle then you can shift as good as me
Cal-Tracs, 4.56 gears Cold Fusion Nitrous system, Viper clutch hydraulics, JMB CAI, Catch Can,Line Loc Tick Transmission modified T-56