Go Back   Dodge Ram SRT-10 Forum - Viper Truck Club of America > Viper Truck SRT-10 Discussion > General Discussion
Home Forum Register FAQ Members List Social Groups Calendar Garage Mark Forums Read

General Discussion

WHAT TO LOOK FOR WHEN BUYING A RAM SRT-10

This is a discussion on WHAT TO LOOK FOR WHEN BUYING A RAM SRT-10 within the General Discussion forums, part of the Viper Truck SRT-10 Discussion category!
Does anyone else have something to add to this? I'm looking to pick up an 05 RC with navi this ...

Like Tree3Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-28-2016, 08:04 PM

Member #15561
Does anyone else have something to add to this? I'm looking to pick up an 05 RC with navi this week. I'm waiting on interior pics and some better exterior pics, but it looks good so far. The truck has 115k on it, a little more than I like. But it's an excellent price. Mods are, k&n intake, borla cat back, center force clutch, fidanza flywheel and a tune.

If this post needs to moved, I understand. I didn't know where else to post this.

Old 03-09-2016, 06:35 PM

Member #14855
As in all Dodge trucks of the era make sure that the heater is directing air to the proper vent. If not your blend doors may be broken and you have to pull the dash to fix it!
Old 03-09-2016, 06:50 PM
VIPER POWERED
Southwest VTCoA Regional Rep

Member #1557
Hole in side of block
trussman and BigRedVenom like this.
Old 11-02-2017, 04:01 PM

Member #14796
Also make sure all the recalls like the Airbag have been done. They should be no charge at dealer with the recalls.
Old 11-02-2017, 04:05 PM

Member #14796
While on this, did any members receive a new recall notice CAMPAIGN # R25 /15v-313
CDJR S43? That is what I got will check with dealer on this one as I thought all my recall repairs were up to date.
Old 02-21-2018, 06:05 PM

Member #18220
Quote:
Originally Posted by trussman View Post
Let's make a list for newbies and maybe make it a sticky if not one already somewhere????

Maybe quote and add to the list for items that seem to repeat often.

Oil cooler lines

Power steering lines

Loose harmonic balancer bolt(typically 04's)

Idler/Tensioner pulleys(due to age now)

I am the proud owner of a SRT 10 with the Paxton supercharger know if you 2000.I thought I did all my research well search for six months. Looking at this truck that truck everywhere truck truck evening away.! What advice can you give me as far as a bullet proof point system. Yes I have taken it apart six times already every time I pull back the other. I found something new. This last time was missing bolt space or bracket tree. I.e. one space or being larger than the smaller versions. Then I noticed that was supposed to go on the supercharger itself missing three of them so. I know itís probably a board but itís a mind headache menage a trois Iím having with this truck! Where we can do helps thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 02-22-2018, 11:02 AM
VIPER POWERED
Midwest VTCoA Regional Member

Member #13610
Do you can speak in english?
Psycho1122 likes this.

mopar-or-no-car likes this

FUEL AIR SPARK JUNKIE.......A little too much is just enough for me!!!! Pic is of the car that started it all the very first viper as seen at the WALTER P CHRYSLER Museum!!!!