Go Back   Dodge Ram SRT-10 Forum - Viper Truck Club of America > Viper Truck SRT-10 Discussion > General Discussion
Home Forum Register FAQ Members List Social Groups Calendar Garage Mark Forums Read

General Discussion

Yellow fever Sold for $48000

This is a discussion on Yellow fever Sold for $48000 within the General Discussion forums, part of the Viper Truck SRT-10 Discussion category!
That doesn't include install thats just the motor...

Like Tree31Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-24-2018, 11:04 PM
Almost Senior Member

Member #15071
That doesn't include install thats just the motor

Old 01-25-2018, 03:12 PM
VIPER POWERED
West VTCoA Regional Member

Member #6
My Point!!!!

"Life's tough..... It's even tougher if you're stupid." John Wayne

Long Live the Queen
2004 Red
997/3057
Stock!!! NOW 5,830 miles
Old 01-25-2018, 04:36 PM
Southwest VTCoA Regional Member

Member #15264
it should be kinda like old corvettes (except they are still producing them)
but the price goes down for x number of years, then starts back up
for good quality specimens. I agree the seller should hold the line and
help boost market value. Don't get in a hurry to sell, there are new youngster's born every minute to sell to.( for a good price)
Wifey and TrailMix like this.
Old 01-25-2018, 10:52 PM

Member #249
If they produce a Hellcat version it could greatly reduce demand on our generation....at least for a few years.
Yamaha XT1200Z
Honda Rune
Triumph 675
Ducati GT1000s
Honda VFR1200
Honda GB500
Kawi KLR650 x2
BMW R100RT
Old 01-26-2018, 07:47 AM
VIPER POWERED
Northeast VTCoA Regional Member

Member #13011
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike2004srt10 View Post
I think the only ones keeping the selling prices so low on these trucks are the people selling them. They are selling them for low 20k just because that is what the guy before him did. This Barret Jackson auction shows the true value on these trucks and what the "outsider" is willing to pay. So until they start selling for higher price tags on these posts the true selling price wont show outside of auctions. (just my 2 cents)
While I appreciate your enthusiasm saying the BJ auction shows the true value could not be farther from the truth. You are talking about an auction that is filled with people with deep pockets, alcohol and pride. These three things combined often leads to someone buying something that is far beyond it's true worth. This also happened with Vipers at this auction, while there are some still sitting on showrooms and others still for sale with uber low mileage, there were a couple examples (one actually being a collectable in my mind) that sold way beyond what virtually identical models are currently selling for. Trust me, alcohol combined with with an overly wealthy person often creates a bidding war between two individuals who won't let there precious vehicle get away because their pride won't let them. Sorry to disappoint but BJ is NOT a true indication of value. Trust me I'm not being biased. Even though I do not currently have an SRT Ram, I do have a Viper and I am not going to get overly excited about the recent hype in Viper values. Will Vipers and SRT Rams increase in value, probably. But you are also talking over a long period and you are also only going to see big(ger) numbers for the immaculate low mileage true collectable examples.
Old 01-26-2018, 11:09 AM
VIPER POWERED
Southwest VTCoA Regional Member

Member #13578
Hmmm, my RED beast has 133,000 miles and will be rebuilt if the engine pops. At 71 years young it will last my life time with all the pleasure I can expect. Taking off on a 500 mile round trip this afternoon and will have loads of fun playing with the beamers and stangs on the interstate. Plus will open the dumps to wake up the little old ladies texting in the left lane at 45mph in our 75 zone.

Collectible, crapola, I'm a collectible.
TrailMix and NukeGM/Ford like this.

Belanger headers, 3Ē aluminized pipe w/VX series mufflers, Venomous UD pulley, K&N FIPK Cold Air Kit, Roe Racing Throttle Body, MSD plug wires, Venomous Racing 2400 torque converter, HTS Valve Body and shift kit, SCT tuned by Chris Jensen and DR VIPER at Venomous Racing.
Old 01-26-2018, 11:43 AM
VIPER POWERED
Southeast VTCoA Regional Member

Member #2161
Send a message via Yahoo to trussman
Quote:
Originally Posted by shorty View Post
Hmmm, my RED beast has 133,000 miles and will be rebuilt if the engine pops. At 71 years young it will last my life time with all the pleasure I can expect. Taking off on a 500 mile round trip this afternoon and will have loads of fun playing with the beamers and stangs on the interstate. Plus will open the dumps to wake up the little old ladies texting in the left lane at 45mph in our 75 zone.

Collectible, crapola, I'm a collectible.
Exactly. Enjoy it and whatever it's worth when you're gone is up to the kids to have. I don't get to drive mine as much as I'd like but it's nice to take it our and rip through the gears every chance I get.
Old 01-26-2018, 02:20 PM
Almost Senior Member

Member #15071
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wifey View Post
My Point!!!!
No has a complete brand new motor in their truck. So you can get used ones starting at around 5k so thats the number it should be based off of
Old 02-07-2018, 02:24 AM
You got a Hemi?

Member #18322
20K is huge, no??
Old 02-15-2018, 02:22 AM
VIPER POWERED
West VTCoA Regional Member

Member #6
Quote:
Originally Posted by IronAffliction View Post
No has a complete brand new motor in their truck. So you can get used ones starting at around 5k so thats the number it should be based off of
yep, mine has 5700 - I will hold

"Life's tough..... It's even tougher if you're stupid." John Wayne

Long Live the Queen
2004 Red
997/3057
Stock!!! NOW 5,830 miles