Go Back   Dodge Ram SRT-10 Forum - Viper Truck Club of America > Viper Truck SRT-10 Discussion > Performance Mods
Home Forum Register FAQ Members List Social Groups Calendar Garage Mark Forums Read

Performance Mods

05-06 front brake calipers on an 04

This is a discussion on 05-06 front brake calipers on an 04 within the Performance Mods forums, part of the Viper Truck SRT-10 Discussion category!
I would like to hear from the folks that have replaced the stock front caliper on an 04 with the ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-22-2009, 03:10 PM
VIPER POWERED

Member #2
Send a message via AIM to FSTJACK
05-06 front brake calipers on an 04

I would like to hear from the folks that have replaced the stock front caliper on an 04 with the 05-06 caliper.

What did it take to do this swap?

Thanks.

04 Ram SRT-10 #593, Silver, Under construction, TT TH4oo W/Brake, 4 Link, Caged Certified to 8.50. Coming to a dragstrip near you, not very soon..........
04 Ram SRT-10 Red..... Blown F2 Procharger, Sprayed x 2, McLeod Twin, Locker, Hoosiers, Bogarts. 536 CI. all bore, Crower, JE, Jeff Morey heads, billet mains, main cap girdle, Daley external oil pump, Exotic Engine Design Built. Pectel ECU, might get me into the high 12's........
69 Chevell B/Gsupercharged, Injected, certified to 7.50
Old 12-26-2009, 08:09 PM

Member #11104
I was waiting to see if anyone has done this... ive been looking in to this. I have crossed the knuckle part numbers between the 04 to 05- 06 and there the same. Also the rotors are the same for all years 04-06 so it looks to be just a direct bolt on just remove the caliper and braket on the 04 and pop on a 05 caliper well i know its not a for sure but i will know in a month or two
Old 12-26-2009, 08:10 PM
VIPER POWERED

Member #2
Send a message via AIM to FSTJACK
Quote:
Originally Posted by hcetzneb
I was waiting to see if anyone has done this... ive been looking in to this. I have crossed the knuckle part numbers between the 04 to 05- 06 and there the same. Also the rotors are the same for all years 04-06 so it looks to be just a direct bolt on just remove the caliper and braket on the 04 and pop on a 05 caliper well i know its not a for sure but i will know in a month or two
Thanks for looking this up.
04 Ram SRT-10 #593, Silver, Under construction, TT TH4oo W/Brake, 4 Link, Caged Certified to 8.50. Coming to a dragstrip near you, not very soon..........
04 Ram SRT-10 Red..... Blown F2 Procharger, Sprayed x 2, McLeod Twin, Locker, Hoosiers, Bogarts. 536 CI. all bore, Crower, JE, Jeff Morey heads, billet mains, main cap girdle, Daley external oil pump, Exotic Engine Design Built. Pectel ECU, might get me into the high 12's........
69 Chevell B/Gsupercharged, Injected, certified to 7.50
Old 12-27-2009, 05:17 PM
VIPER POWERED

Member #102
I read on here somewhere that it was a waste of time and money
Seems the 04's actually work better for some reason

(just had to add my .02 )
now we can watch everyone come out to dispute me

personally,I just like the looks of the 04's WAAAAY better

Better to be hated for what you are,than to be loved for what you are not.

Do WHAT'S right,do it BECAUSE it's right,then do it RIGHT !

# 3029,black, 10th of 25,built on Monday,July 12,2004

bought 20-DEC-05 ,sold NOV-09
Old 12-27-2009, 05:41 PM
Supporting Vendor

Member #71
Quote:
Originally Posted by HOT RAM
I read on here somewhere that it was a waste of time and money
Seems the 04's actually work better for some reason

(just had to add my .02 )
now we can watch everyone come out to dispute me

personally,I just like the looks of the 04's WAAAAY better
i think they are trying to get the 04's on the 05/06 trucks so they can run the bogart 18's Jack is having built
Old 12-28-2009, 09:24 AM

Member #11104
I have read all the reviews and all ive seen said they stop the same very minimal diffrence if any. So i would be doing it for looks.. If i find they do fit i will be willing to trade for the 05-06 calipers. I have a set of low milage ones in perfect condition just to throw that out there
Old 12-28-2009, 09:36 AM
VIPER POWERED
Southeast VTCoA Regional Member

Member #5303
Quote:
Originally Posted by hcetzneb
I have read all the reviews and all ive seen said they stop the same very minimal diffrence if any. So i would be doing it for looks.. If i find they do fit i will be willing to trade for the 05-06 calipers. I have a set of low milage ones in perfect condition just to throw that out there
I have yet to do it but I think I was told it is easier to change the pads on the 05/06...
04 Silver RC B&G Stage II PCM, Magnaflow catback, X-metal cat-less mids, Gen IV shifter w/ Jedi handle and TB, K&N CAI and JMB Stage 1 traction kit X-metal drop, billet gas door, Rear tailgate handle and antenna shaved, JMB Viper head logoSOLD TO VIPERTRUCKIN'

#2639 of 3057
Old 12-28-2009, 10:43 AM
Almost Senior Member

Member #23
I have done the swap. It's a direct bolt up. Remove the 04 caliper and bracket and just bolt on the 05-06 caliper. 04 brake lines are different than the 05-06. your 04 lines will work but the steel end at the caliper will need to be bent a little.

I cant say for sure that braking performance improved because I switched pads at the same time(Zechausen)
Pad changes are easier on 05-06's

70 Olds 442 W25 4spd w/AC
71 Big Block Corvette Project underway
09 Z06
Old 12-28-2009, 11:34 AM
Boosted Venom
Canadian VTCoA Regional Rep

Member #2040
Good info,I'm thinking the '05-'06 calipers are better then the '04's other wise why did Dodge upgrade them??? I think they must have upgraded them for the weight factor on the QC's and just put them on the RC's too?
'05 Yellow Fever #366,Paxton Supercharger,Engine forged and built by AMS Engines in Edmonton! SCT,Mopar LT headers & catless mids w/Bassani catback,AMS wires,Viper badged,Evans waterless coolant,HTS Transmision parts & built by ACEomatic Transmisions

Tuned by Chris Jensen
chris@christuned.com
Old 12-28-2009, 12:41 PM

Member #11104
So if there is any one that wants to trade front calipers let me know.. the only thing i would perfer is lower milage on them and them to be in as good of condition as mine (7k) let me know