Go Back   Dodge Ram SRT-10 Forum - Viper Truck Club of America > Viper Truck SRT-10 Discussion > Performance Mods
Home Forum Register FAQ Members List Social Groups Calendar Garage Mark Forums Read

Performance Mods

advise needed

This is a discussion on advise needed within the Performance Mods forums, part of the Viper Truck SRT-10 Discussion category!
hi guys and happy new year from the uk. my o4 rc cab so far has magnaflow cat back exhaust ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-01-2008, 02:57 PM

Member #1301
Question advise needed

hi guys and happy new year from the uk. my o4 rc cab so far has magnaflow cat back exhaust and x metal drop kit. my next mods are ?????
thinking about headers.cats.wanna work in exhaust department first looking for advise guys thanks
also looking at k+n air filter they seem to be 2 kinds air filter and air charger which is best ?

Old 01-01-2008, 04:30 PM
VIPER POWERED
Southeast VTCoA Regional Member

Member #153
I would suggest an X-Metal Gen X shifter and the K&N drop in filter is suppose to get you the same gains as a CAI. So unless your into Bling, just go with the drop in. But if you are into Bling, contact JMB for his CAI.....or his engine compartment dress up stuff.......or his single turbo setup. All I know is I didn't get enough money for Christmas.
Old 01-01-2008, 04:39 PM
VIPER POWERED
Southwest VTCoA Regional Member

Member #2372
Belanger Headers & Belanger mids is what i have. love them. on the K&N I think the only difference is one is C.A.R.B. certified & one is snot. got an e-mail into K&N to see what the difference is. tired of messin with the Volant system i have now.

ZCx
Old 01-01-2008, 05:04 PM

Member #1301
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZCx
Belanger Headers & Belanger mids is what i have. love them. on the K&N I think the only difference is one is C.A.R.B. certified & one is snot. got an e-mail into K&N to see what the difference is. tired of messin with the Volant system i have now.

ZCx
what power gains you got from headers and mids ?? did you notice diffrence ?
Old 01-01-2008, 06:17 PM
VIPER POWERED

Member #102
I like headers but they are very pricey for the gains.I would advise catless mids or at least high flow cats.The X-Metal Gen X shifter is a great mod.K&N drop-in or Justins CAI will both work fine.The drop-in will flow well but be quieter.A DC Performance Stage 2 tune will also help a bit.(though not as much on a RC as on a QC)

First thing is to know what you want from the truck and go from there.If you plan to go forced induction later there is no need to buy some things that you will later just have to remove.

Better to be hated for what you are,than to be loved for what you are not.

Do WHAT'S right,do it BECAUSE it's right,then do it RIGHT !

# 3029,black, 10th of 25,built on Monday,July 12,2004

bought 20-DEC-05 ,sold NOV-09
Old 01-01-2008, 08:08 PM
VIPER POWERED

Member #55
Well since you have an 04 like me and if you dont plan on FI I would add some of the goodies I have. First drop the cats, best power increase for the least amount of cash. Second, maybe add headers, and a drop in filter. Next I would get a DC stage 2 computor upgrade, it really made a difference in my truck. Next I would consider a gear change 4.56 or 4.88's. The stock 4.10 gears are just boggers IMO. It will also have add life to your stock clutch which is a POS IMO.............so eventually you will be upgrading that as well. The shifter upgrade is nice thats for sure and you can find some great deals on used ones here. Any of them will be an upgrade over the stocker!!

Well that should fill your wishlist...............now get on the phone and fire up that credit card!!! LOL

patrick

#2370 of 3057

4.88's, Caltracs, DC Stage II, 170`T Stat, X METAL...1~2 Drop-Shifter-Midpipes-Throttle Body, Centerforce, Fidanza Flywheel, Viper Master/Slave, K&N CAI, Magnaflow

13.53 @ 104

06 Satin Silver Mustang GT- Auto, Roush M90

12.23 @ 113

Old 01-01-2008, 08:18 PM
VIPER POWERED

Member #66
Quote:
Originally Posted by v10 fat
thinking about headers.cats.wanna work in exhaust department first looking for advise guys thanks
I had Belanger's w/ High FLow Cat Pipes on mine. They do free-up some decent power, the sound is incredible, and the Headers make some sweet eye candy under the hood!!

They ain't cheap. I paid $2,200 for mine.

Right now another member had a Brand New Set for sale for $1,500 + Shipping here:

Belangers And Roe Throttle Body

If I was looking, I'd be all over these!!
Old 01-01-2008, 09:15 PM
VIPER POWERED
Southwest VTCoA Regional Member

Member #2372
yep what Hamrhead said about the belanger set up. i can't to crazy with the emissions thing here. we have inspections.
Old 01-02-2008, 12:19 PM

Member #1301
thanks for your input guys. in the uk we have stritch emissions but i dont use my truck much.(summer use only.)so what about high flow cats ?/?/?
i am a capenter by trade so please talk english to me ha ha put am prenty good at stuff like oil changers and genral maintaince. did lower truck using x metal kit though.were is a good company has i have to get stuff shipped so dont wanna get ripped of ?

thanks scott
Old 01-02-2008, 12:24 PM
VIPER POWERED
West VTCoA Regional Member

Member #91
I think Roe ships out of US. They won't rip you off.
'04 Ram SRT-10 Red #2285
300+ Racing Homing Pigeons