Dodge Ram SRT-10 Forum - Viper Truck Club of America

Dodge Ram SRT-10 Forum - Viper Truck Club of America (http://www.vtcoa.com/forums/)
-   Performance Mods (http://www.vtcoa.com/forums/f8/)
-   -   Air Intake {2005} (http://www.vtcoa.com/forums/f8/air-intake-%7B2005%7D-67365/)

aldrinledwidge 03-18-2018 08:03 PM

Air Intake {2005}
 
All,
Looking to do my first MOD on my 2005 Crew Cab. Think I will start with my intake.
looking around I have found Valent Ram-air and K&N Ram SRT-10 FIPK Cool Air.
Thinking the Valent would be the best for my vehicle.
Any thoughts on which is better and why?
Or if there is another brand that I should think about first?

Al

SRT2SLOW 03-18-2018 08:54 PM

I know someone in your area selling a jmb intake

ViperJeff 03-18-2018 11:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aldrinledwidge (Post 1312231)
All,
Looking to do my first MOD on my 2005 Crew Cab. Think I will start with my intake.
looking around I have found Valent Ram-air and K&N Ram SRT-10 FIPK Cool Air.
Thinking the Valent would be the best for my vehicle.
Any thoughts on which is better and why?
Or if there is another brand that I should think about first?

Al

Valent is a waste of money

noid 03-18-2018 11:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aldrinledwidge (Post 1312231)
All,
Looking to do my first MOD on my 2005 Crew Cab. Think I will start with my intake.
looking around I have found Valent Ram-air and K&N Ram SRT-10 FIPK Cool Air.
Thinking the Valent would be the best for my vehicle.
Any thoughts on which is better and why?
Or if there is another brand that I should think about first?

Al

If you can get a Volant cheap then get it. I wouldn't spend the money for one at full price. But I did get for a little over hundred bucks. It made a noticeable difference. More than I though it would. If your in California it's CARB legal.

IronAffliction 03-19-2018 12:37 AM

Isn't volant the one that causes everyone to lose their hood scoops?

Silver05 03-19-2018 10:22 AM

That’s what I heard too, they look bad ass and get fresh air from the scoop but I heard they come cheaply built and makes your scoop blow off

ViperPete 03-19-2018 12:48 PM

I'm pretty happy with my K&N intake.
The volant blocks too much of the engine IMO. When you open the hood there is this giant scoop thing there. Don't like it.

noid 03-20-2018 06:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IronAffliction (Post 1312240)
Isn't volant the one that causes everyone to lose their hood scoops?

Never had a problem with mine. Also never heard of this issue. Out of all the vehicles that I have ever owned. Including 05 Hemi with a volant. The Volant is the only one that I could without a doubt say made a noticeable difference on the SRT. Not so much on the Hemi.

VENOMOUS1 RACING 03-20-2018 08:30 AM

Our scoop extracts heat, doesn't take cool air in!! This is the problem with volant. Poorly designed and just a sales gimmick.

IronAffliction 03-20-2018 08:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by VENOMOUS1 RACING (Post 1312255)
Our scoop extracts heat, doesn't take cool air in!! This is the problem with volant. Poorly designed and just a sales gimmick.

That's what I was rhinking


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:28 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO
vB.Sponsors
This site is supported by its members, vendors, and administration. Vtcoa.com is in no way affiliated with Daimler Chrysler. Dodge, Viper,Ram SRT-10, the Viper logo and likeness are registered trademarks of Daimler Chrysler. The contents of this site are owned by Vtcoa.com and may not be used or reproduced without the express written permission of the Administrator.