Go Back   Dodge Ram SRT-10 Forum - Viper Truck Club of America > Viper Truck SRT-10 Discussion > Performance Mods
Home Forum Register FAQ Members List Social Groups Calendar Garage Mark Forums Read

Performance Mods

Anyone put a Roe Supercharger on a stock truck?

This is a discussion on Anyone put a Roe Supercharger on a stock truck? within the Performance Mods forums, part of the Viper Truck SRT-10 Discussion category!
I am looking at both the Roe and the Paxton kits right now. I know the Paxton can be bolted ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-14-2007, 09:22 AM
You got a Hemi?

Member #176
Anyone put a Roe Supercharger on a stock truck?

I am looking at both the Roe and the Paxton kits right now. I know the Paxton can be bolted up to a stock SRT-10 and get good numbers. What about the Roe? I had talked to Roe before the kit was ready for prime time and they were suggesting a full exhaust at the least for supporting mods. If you add the cost of a exhaust system to the Roe it starts getting further away from the paxton kit cost wise. I am not looking for huge numbers just a nice bump in power to make the truck a little more fun. I wanted to go with the Roe but if it's going to end up costing alot more the cost difference may sway me to the Paxton. Thanks for any input.

Old 03-14-2007, 09:24 AM
VIPER POWERED
Northeast VTCoA Regional Member

Member #846
Send a message via Yahoo to tinygiants
More air in = more air out.

Any forced induction would benefit from an exhaust rework.
Performance: Roe TMTS SC, VEC III, IAT Mod, TB, Water/Meth Injection, Crankcase Breather; CAT Delete; 172 Degree Thermostat; Autometer Boost Gauge; AEM Air : Fuel Gauge; Billet Built Tranny; JTSVP Custom Axle, Oil Lines

Old 03-14-2007, 09:29 AM
VIPER POWERED

Member #9
Both Prof, and NBT have them on stock trucks. And by "Stock" I'm referring to the internal parts of the engine. I know Prof has headers, but I'm not sure on NBT.

The one thing I will say is, it does not matter what form of FI you use, you should have headers. If not you will be retaining additional heat in the engine and that is a bad thing.
2005 Yellow Fever RC. #130 of 500. SOLD 1965 Superformance Cobra. 2007 Jeep SRT/8, Black
"A Proud Member of the Old Guard."
Old 03-14-2007, 09:29 AM
VIPER POWERED

Member #9
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinygiants
More air in = more air out.

Any forced induction would benefit from an exhaust rework.
Are we going to be seeing you this Saturday Dale?
2005 Yellow Fever RC. #130 of 500. SOLD 1965 Superformance Cobra. 2007 Jeep SRT/8, Black
Old 03-14-2007, 11:28 AM
You got a Hemi?

Member #176
Yes I have done FI on many vehicles. But because of the cost of exhaust systems for our trucks I was looking at a stepped approach to the build. Buy the supercharger since it is the most expensive part, then later add headers and exhaust work. I know that without the headers etc. I would limit myself but as I stated I am not looking for any huge numbers. This is just my weekend toy.
Old 03-14-2007, 11:32 AM
VIPER POWERED

Member #276
Quote:
Originally Posted by Papabear
Yes I have done FI on many vehicles. But because of the cost of exhaust systems for our trucks I was looking at a stepped approach to the build. Buy the supercharger since it is the most expensive part, then later add headers and exhaust work. I know that without the headers etc. I would limit myself but as I stated I am not looking for any huge numbers. This is just my weekend toy.
if i were you, i'd start with the other mods first & leave the supercharger for last.....
2005 Dodge Ram SRT-10 Yellow Fever #146 out of 200 , mods ? a few..... SOLD
1997 GTS - let the modding begin.
srt-10 pics : http://picasaweb.google.com/moparrac...UntitledAlbum#

Old 03-14-2007, 11:42 AM
VIPER POWERED

Member #31
Quote:
Heat is the real enemy of this engine. While I think you will be able to mount a Roe Top Mount Twin Screw without headers, I tend to agree with the post above that suggests going with the Roe as the last mod...I would add...if you are in a relatively cool climate...

I started with the Roe as the end game, but since the Roe was not available, I installed the exhaust system (Mopar long tube, cat delete and magna flow), VEC III, water/meth, 172 Thermo, the Centerforce clutch, Viper Slave and Master Cyl....with those mods I was putting down around 500 rwhp and that is quite a jump from the stock 430 or so...maybe you will be happy with that???

The addition of the Roe took me to 620 rwhp...

But if you feel confident that you can control the heat issue, water/meth as a minimum and a very conservative tune then go with the Roe! 1Fast400 is selling his...make him an offer...

Whatever you do...have a ball and welcome to the RBC, your experience with FI will be greatly welcomed!

Roy

Roe Racing TSTM SC, w/Water Meth injection; Roe TB; Westech custom exhaust. Forged w/Diamond Pistons, Oliver Rods, everything Nitride coated, polished and balanced. Stinker Rear End with DTS 4:56 Detroit Locker, Cyroed gears, 35 Spline Strange Axles, Wilwood calipers and rotors, Caltracs. Sponsored by generous spouse, and Tuned by "The Viper Whisperer" Sean Roe.

John Edwards built my engine, as well as Ram From Hells' and TinyGiants'. Shouldn't he build yours?
Old 03-14-2007, 12:01 PM
VIPER POWERED

Member #9
Quote:
Here is a compromise for you. Go with the SC, but dump the Cats or go with Hi-Flow Cats. And also go with a Cat Back exhaust system. That would be enough of an improvement that the risk of damage would be acceptable, at least in my opinion.
Old 03-14-2007, 12:31 PM
Supporting Vendor

Member #71
Papabear! Glad to see ya back bro!
Old 03-14-2007, 06:52 PM
VIPER POWERED

Member #175
Ditto, need to lose the cats with FI. Or at the very least high flows.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silverback
Here is a compromise for you. Go with the SC, but dump the Cats or go with Hi-Flow Cats. And also go with a Cat Back exhaust system. That would be enough of an improvement that the risk of damage would be acceptable, at least in my opinion.
Roe Twin Screw Supercharger, Stage 3 Ported Heads, Ported Throttle Body, Comp Cams Camshaft, Diamond forged Pistons, Total Seal Rings, forged push rods, balanced crank, ARP Head Studs, NGK Iridium Plugs, MSD wires, [SIZE=1][B]K&N filter, [/B}]