Go Back   Dodge Ram SRT-10 Forum - Viper Truck Club of America > Viper Truck SRT-10 Discussion > Performance Mods
Home Forum Register FAQ Members List Social Groups Calendar Garage Mark Forums Read

Performance Mods

bASSANI AND B&B MIDS WILL THIS HURT THE ENGINE?

This is a discussion on bASSANI AND B&B MIDS WILL THIS HURT THE ENGINE? within the Performance Mods forums, part of the Viper Truck SRT-10 Discussion category!
INSTALLED the headers today and they went on reasonably well besides it missing half the hardware- (TRIP TO THE STORE)after ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-02-2007, 02:05 AM

Member #2074
Unhappy bASSANI AND B&B MIDS WILL THIS HURT THE ENGINE?

INSTALLED the headers today and they went on reasonably well besides it missing half the hardware- (TRIP TO THE STORE)after using some copper permatext to piece the multible exhaust gaskets back together- they went back on fairly easily- and yes having a buddy there with you to help is the way to go. next bought some B&B mids and high flow cats from a forum member here and they are not even close(BESIDES MISSING THE CLAMPS AND HARDWARE AS WELL)- so BACK TO THE STORE
next week i will have to drive 25 miles to a header/exhaust shop to have the mids worked into shape and extended to meet up with the magna flow CB- WILL THIS HURT THE ENGINE IF I RUN IT WITH JUST THE HEADERS AND MIDS WITH NO MUFFLERS??????????????? THERE WILL BE SOME FREEWAY DRIVING INVOLVED- PLUS IT SOUNDS LIKE I TOP FUEL DRAGSTER! WHICH ISNT ALL BAD! please let me know the best option here

GTS getting closer

2005 QUAD CAB MAGNAFLOW CB, VOLANT CAI, B&G flash, X METAL throttle body, 170 t-stat, JMB cc, Bassani headers,x-metal mids deleted cats- SOLD

2006 cbr1000rr

2007 Chev Tahoe LTZ
Old 09-02-2007, 06:28 AM
VIPER POWERED

Member #2
Send a message via AIM to FSTJACK
Won't hurt a thing except your wallet if the police hear it............
04 Ram SRT-10 #593, Silver, Under construction, TT TH4oo W/Brake, 4 Link, Caged Certified to 8.50. Coming to a dragstrip near you, not very soon..........
04 Ram SRT-10 Red..... Blown F2 Procharger, Sprayed x 2, McLeod Twin, Locker, Hoosiers, Bogarts. 536 CI. all bore, Crower, JE, Jeff Morey heads, billet mains, main cap girdle, Daley external oil pump, Exotic Engine Design Built. Pectel ECU, might get me into the high 12's........
69 Chevell B/Gsupercharged, Injected, certified to 7.50
Old 09-02-2007, 07:02 AM

Member #100
Send a message via MSN to Voodoo
and i want to hear a clip of it, just dont rev it up tight.

Old 09-02-2007, 10:29 AM
VIPER POWERED

Member #233
Send a message via AIM to Kevan
Quote:
Originally Posted by RUFROZN
INSTALLED the headers today and they went on reasonably well besides it missing half the hardware- (TRIP TO THE STORE)after using some copper permatext to piece the multible exhaust gaskets back together- they went back on fairly easily- and yes having a buddy there with you to help is the way to go.
ALWAYS replace the exhaust gaskets (don't re-use them unless they still in 'one piece').
VTCOA members/vendors Dragon or TheMoparConnection can get them for you super cheap.
That Permatex will last as long as Billy Ray Cyrus on karaoke night.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RUFROZN
next bought some B&B mids and high flow cats from a forum member here and they are not even close

next week i will have to drive 25 miles to a header/exhaust shop to have the mids worked into shape and extended to meet up with the magna flow CB-
Just need to check:
- You didn't happen to put the Left mid on the Right pipe (and vice versa), did you?
- You didn't purchase an exhaust from a RC, did you?
It just sounds a little odd that they didn't match up.
Old 09-02-2007, 10:53 AM

Member #2074
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevan
ALWAYS replace the exhaust gaskets (don't re-use them unless they still in 'one piece').
VTCOA members/vendors Dragon or TheMoparConnection can get them for you super cheap.
That Permatex will last as long as Billy Ray Cyrus on karaoke night.

Just need to check:
- You didn't happen to put the Left mid on the Right pipe (and vice versa), did you?
- You didn't purchase an exhaust from a RC, did you?
It just sounds a little odd that they didn't match up.
i will replace the gaskets next week- since i ordered some on friday- i made a sandwhich type effect with the copper perm. like the instructions said- but i agree as soon as i get the new ones i will be switching them,

the mids seem like they are to short or missing some pieces or something? i installed the main mid with cat to the header and then there is the second piece- and there is really only one way these should go to make the crossover to the passenger side to head back to the magnaflow inlets. ii got these from hunter-angler and he said these were for a QC- AM i missing parts?

GTS getting closer

2005 QUAD CAB MAGNAFLOW CB, VOLANT CAI, B&G flash, X METAL throttle body, 170 t-stat, JMB cc, Bassani headers,x-metal mids deleted cats- SOLD

2006 cbr1000rr

2007 Chev Tahoe LTZ
Old 09-02-2007, 11:05 AM
VIPER POWERED

Member #233
If you got it from a QC owner, then I think you're okay.

Check with HunterAngler about any missing parts.
I doubt it, but it's worth a quick email.

There might be a compatibility issue when going from B&B header/mids to Magnaflow catback. I haven't seen it on the forum yet, but then again...I don't read EVERY thread.

Any chance you can post some pics of the underside? That'd REALLY help with diagnosis.
Old 09-02-2007, 11:08 AM

Member #2074
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevan
If you got it from a QC owner, then I think you're okay.

Check with HunterAngler about any missing parts.
I doubt it, but it's worth a quick email.

There might be a compatibility issue when going from B&B header/mids to Magnaflow catback. I haven't seen it on the forum yet, but then again...I don't read EVERY thread.

Any chance you can post some pics of the underside? That'd REALLY help with diagnosis.
i will post video and pic's today via putfile- as soon as i can

GTS getting closer

2006 cbr1000rr

2007 Chev Tahoe LTZ
Old 09-02-2007, 11:10 AM
VIPER POWERED

Member #1251
Is any sealer needed on Stock SS OEM manifold gaskets using existing cast iron manifolds?
Old 09-02-2007, 11:10 AM
VIPER POWERED

Member #233
With my Magnaflow catback (& stock mids/cats), I learned that it was easier to attach ALL of the exhaust together, THEN get it to the header.
These might be a different animal, but that's how I've done it in the past.
Old 09-02-2007, 11:12 AM
TEXAS A&M DAD
Southwest VTCoA Regional Member
2009 Viper Truck of The Month

Member #21
the B&B mids were designed to bolt-up to either their headers, or the stock manifold. (two different part numbers). i think thats the problem.

[
2004 RAM SRT-10 (SOLD)
2010 VIPER SRT-10 COUPE--- ROLL BAR,CATCH CAN,HALON FIRE SUPPRESION SYSTEM,HIGH TEMP MOTUL FLUIDS,
K&N CAI,CHROME WHEELS,DBA ROTORS