Go Back   Dodge Ram SRT-10 Forum - Viper Truck Club of America > Viper Truck SRT-10 Discussion > Performance Mods
Home Forum Register FAQ Members List Social Groups Calendar Garage Mark Forums Read

Performance Mods

BBK Throttle Body

This is a discussion on BBK Throttle Body within the Performance Mods forums, part of the Viper Truck SRT-10 Discussion category!
I know there have been hundreds of posts about throttle bodies, but a few weeks ago I put a BBK ...

Like Tree13Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-08-2015, 04:27 PM

Member #14795
BBK Throttle Body

I know there have been hundreds of posts about throttle bodies, but a few weeks ago I put a BBK on my truck, and I wanted to put my 2 cents in.

I had not done this before because I thought it was a lot of money for no noticeable benefit. I was frankly very surprised when I noticed an immediate change. The throttle seems more responsive and my SOP dyno tells me that there is a minor, but definite power increase (measured by my increased lack of traction through the same gears, at the same speeds, and on the same roads as before). Also more noticeable power curve at 3500+.

I'm not going to bother with a dyno run right now. I just did that few months ago for informational purposes, and to test some changes made since I had it on a dyno right after I got it.

I only have minor easy-to-bolt-on mods: Gibson shorty headers, Magnaflow cat back, drop in K&N, JTSVP 20% underdrive pulley, and the IAT resistor mod. And now the BBK, which I am very pleased with. It looks nice, too.
ralphie, VPRPWRD and Cudawrestler like this.

Old 12-09-2015, 07:55 AM
VTCoA Ring Leader
Northeast VTCoA Regional Rep

Member #13138
That's great to hear!
My YouTube channel:

http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCEsMsFATkTJq3k-BM26PfAg

Follow me on Twitter and Instagram: Andysavakinas

#1357 of 3057 2004 Dodge Ram SRT-10 SOLD!
#2718 of 3057 2004 Dodge Ram SRT-10
#0851 2006 Dodge Ram SRT-10 RC SOLD!
#292 of 3057 2004 Dodge Ram SRT-10 SOLD!

THE FORMER BUMP KING

i love the cognac interior of the gen1/gen2 viper. if i could do it to my 10, i would!
Old 12-09-2015, 03:31 PM
Midwest VTCoA Regional Member

Member #12763
topfueljim likes this.
Old 12-10-2015, 10:47 AM

Member #14952
Quote:
Originally Posted by topfueljim View Post
I know there have been hundreds of posts about throttle bodies, but a few weeks ago I put a BBK on my truck, and I wanted to put my 2 cents in.

I had not done this before because I thought it was a lot of money for no noticeable benefit. I was frankly very surprised when I noticed an immediate change. The throttle seems more responsive and my SOP dyno tells me that there is a minor, but definite power increase (measured by my increased lack of traction through the same gears, at the same speeds, and on the same roads as before). Also more noticeable power curve at 3500+.

I'm not going to bother with a dyno run right now. I just did that few months ago for informational purposes, and to test some changes made since I had it on a dyno right after I got it.

I only have minor easy-to-bolt-on mods: Gibson shorty headers, Magnaflow cat back, drop in K&N, JTSVP 20% underdrive pulley, and the IAT resistor mod. And now the BBK, which I am very pleased with. It looks nice, too.
What is the IAT resistor mod? I am wanting to get a throttle body soon and I was thinking of going with JTSVP. What is the size of the BBK? Good to know they put out some noticeable power

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk
Old 12-10-2015, 11:30 AM

Member #12699
There was a Group Buy a few years ago on these by Cherry Performance. May want to check with them if they have them in stock.

BBK : '1776'
Old 12-10-2015, 11:32 AM
NorCal SF Bay Area
West VTCoA Regional Rep

Member #14841
So which way should I go? BBK or JTSVP?
Old 12-10-2015, 11:34 AM
VIPER POWERED

Member #14800
intake air temperature mod, in the old days it was used to make the computer think that the incoming air was colder (denser) so the computer would allow more timing and/or fuel, no i don't know all the details just an over view. My understanding is that newer faster computers use more than just the IAT reading to modify the boom mixture so I'm not thinking that it will work nowadays, but a computer from 10 years ago that I've heard is slow even for its time, maybe

maybe its a cheaper way to mod than the spend SCT/Diablo/SuperChips systems?? someone into programming and reading fuel curve graphs would be able to tell whats what
Old 12-10-2015, 11:44 AM
VTCoA Ring Leader
Northeast VTCoA Regional Rep

Member #13138
Quote:
Originally Posted by 6speedquadcab View Post
So which way should I go? BBK or JTSVP?
I'd say JTSVP.
My YouTube channel:

http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCEsMsFATkTJq3k-BM26PfAg

Follow me on Twitter and Instagram: Andysavakinas

#1357 of 3057 2004 Dodge Ram SRT-10 SOLD!
#2718 of 3057 2004 Dodge Ram SRT-10
#0851 2006 Dodge Ram SRT-10 RC SOLD!
#292 of 3057 2004 Dodge Ram SRT-10 SOLD!

THE FORMER BUMP KING

i love the cognac interior of the gen1/gen2 viper. if i could do it to my 10, i would!
Old 12-10-2015, 11:55 AM

Member #14795
The BBK is the same price everywhere apparently, even at their plant, which isn't that far from me. It is also a simple bolt on change, take old one off, put new one on.

The IAT tends to pull a lot of timing if the intake air is too warm. My last dyno session it made about a 40hp difference between the first pull, when hot after driving and then sitting with the hood closed for a while. Let it cool off and tried it again, much better. I did the resistor mod after that.
Old 12-10-2015, 12:00 PM
VIPER POWERED

Member #14800
Quote:
Originally Posted by topfueljim View Post
The BBK is the same price everywhere apparently, even at their plant, which isn't that far from me. It is also a simple bolt on change, take old one off, put new one on.

The IAT tends to pull a lot of timing if the intake air is too warm. My last dyno session it made about a 40hp difference between the first pull, when hot after driving and then sitting with the hood closed for a while. Let it cool off and tried it again, much better. I did the resistor mod after that.
documented improvements are definitely great, now who sells that AIT mod???