Go Back   Dodge Ram SRT-10 Forum - Viper Truck Club of America > Viper Truck SRT-10 Discussion > Performance Mods
Home Forum Register FAQ Members List Social Groups Calendar Garage Mark Forums Read

Performance Mods

Bone's Engine Pull - Part Deux

This is a discussion on Bone's Engine Pull - Part Deux within the Performance Mods forums, part of the Viper Truck SRT-10 Discussion category!
Once again, pulling my engine. Let me know if there is a picture you need me to take or a ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-02-2007, 09:21 PM
VIPER POWERED

Member #175
Bone's Engine Pull - Part Deux

Once again, pulling my engine.
Let me know if there is a picture you need me to take or a measurement to check on.

Anyhow, so far we have pulled the SC and the heads on the passenger side. So far all good. Diamond pistons look good, springs look good, rods are good...

I am taking the Roe SC Intake manifold to be port matched on Tuesday with my heads already ported. Plus, I will get some flow numbers on my ported heads. In addition, I have another set of stock heads that I will port and sell soon.
Attached Thumbnails
100_0865.jpg   pp1.jpg   pp2.jpg  

Roe Twin Screw Supercharger, Stage 3 Ported Heads, Ported Throttle Body, Comp Cams Camshaft, Diamond forged Pistons, Total Seal Rings, forged push rods, balanced crank, ARP Head Studs, NGK Iridium Plugs, MSD wires, [SIZE=1][B]K&N filter, [/B}]
Old 09-02-2007, 09:25 PM
VIPER POWERED
West VTCoA Regional Member

Member #92
Major league project.............. Good luck with it.....

D

"Tact: the ability to tell a man to "go to Hell" and make him feel happy to be on his way."
Old 09-02-2007, 09:34 PM
VIPER POWERED

Member #93
Damn!!!! some of those cylinders look ROUGH!!!
Rest in peace, Clint (FLChub)... I won't forget.
PROUD CLASSICAL LIBERAL!!!
Old 09-02-2007, 09:34 PM
VIPER POWERED

Member #175
Hopefully, the larger crank pulley will be done soon. On the test truck, with just the crank pulley (7" diameter), it is boosting 11 psi! So now couple that with my smaller SC pulley - - should be interesting.
Roe Twin Screw Supercharger, Stage 3 Ported Heads, Ported Throttle Body, Comp Cams Camshaft, Diamond forged Pistons, Total Seal Rings, forged push rods, balanced crank, ARP Head Studs, NGK Iridium Plugs, MSD wires, [SIZE=1][B]K&N filter, [/B}]
Old 09-02-2007, 09:40 PM
VIPER POWERED

Member #175
Quote:
Originally Posted by Black1
Damn!!!! some of those cylinders look ROUGH!!!
Rough?

Running rich in some areas still, however Cylinders heads are fine.
Old 09-02-2007, 09:46 PM
VIPER POWERED

Member #31
What rods are you going to use? Going to a different cam?

Roy

Roe Racing TSTM SC, w/Water Meth injection; Roe TB; Westech custom exhaust. Forged w/Diamond Pistons, Oliver Rods, everything Nitride coated, polished and balanced. Stinker Rear End with DTS 4:56 Detroit Locker, Cyroed gears, 35 Spline Strange Axles, Wilwood calipers and rotors, Caltracs. Sponsored by generous spouse, and Tuned by "The Viper Whisperer" Sean Roe.

John Edwards built my engine, as well as Ram From Hells' and TinyGiants'. Shouldn't he build yours?
Old 09-02-2007, 09:52 PM
VIPER POWERED

Member #18
sorry Bone..I didnt hear what the damage was from the Nats or is still being determined....?
Old 09-02-2007, 10:04 PM
VIPER POWERED

Member #93
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bone
Rough?

Running rich in some areas still, however Cylinders heads are fine.
I took a second look, and I think I was looking at the top of cylinder 2 (?).... Sorry, I just saw the carbon and thought it was a dead cylinder at first.

Looks like you were running REAL rich!
Rest in peace, Clint (FLChub)... I won't forget.
PROUD CLASSICAL LIBERAL!!!
Old 09-02-2007, 10:44 PM
VIPER POWERED

Member #175
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prof
What rods are you going to use? Going to a different cam?

Roy
My cam is aggressive enough. Made it for a blower application.
(actually got a Cam tuner for my Hemi that has an idle issue for too big of a cam)

Rods depend on what the damage is and where I want to go with it overall.

Last edited by Bone; 09-02-2007 at 10:51 PM.
Old 09-02-2007, 10:46 PM
VIPER POWERED

Member #175
Quote:
Originally Posted by ILtemprd
sorry Bone..I didnt hear what the damage was from the Nats or is still being determined....?
I haven't found any yet.
Turned the crank and looked at the driver's side where the knocking was -- cylinders/rods were turning fine, no slop where a rod bearing would be the culprit. Dig some more tomorrow.

I have some performance springs (will handle 650 lift), retainers and keepers coming soon too. Probably will have to machine the heads for the springs, no big deal, just time.

Last edited by Bone; 09-02-2007 at 10:50 PM.