Go Back   Dodge Ram SRT-10 Forum - Viper Truck Club of America > Viper Truck SRT-10 Discussion > Performance Mods
Home Forum Register FAQ Members List Social Groups Calendar Garage Mark Forums Read

Performance Mods

Just bought 06 QC

This is a discussion on Just bought 06 QC within the Performance Mods forums, part of the Viper Truck SRT-10 Discussion category!
You could do it. You need a separator tool. You did say you were a novice, so what's your time ...

Like Tree10Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-10-2017, 03:47 PM

Member #15544
You could do it. You need a separator tool. You did say you were a novice, so what's your time worth? It will probably take you a while. $1100 all your problems are fixed,trucks aligned does not sound to bad to me. Your going to have to take it to get aligned and trans flushed anyway.

If you want to do something change your oil and belt yourself. Best of luck
THEWELSHM likes this.

Old 03-18-2017, 07:36 AM

Member #11095
If you're going to have the trans fluid changed why not have the bands adjusted at the same time.
THEWELSHM, Far2Quik and Wildcard like this.
Old 05-21-2017, 03:45 PM

Member #16494
Backseat, B&B headers and pipes

Hey I'm getting ready to pull the trigger on some headers. My truck already has magnaflow on it so I won't be getting a catback at this time. For an 06 Quad cab, and for B&B, I need to get the headers ~$1800, high flow cats ~$850 part number (071-FTRU-0446) (Front Section To B&B Header w/Catalytic Converter), and the quad cab extension pipes ~$215? On jegs I've got the cart at about $2900. Yikes!

Also, I posted a couple pictures of the latches on the back wall behind the QC back seats. I wanted the ability to pull the back/upright part down so I could wrap a seat cover around it. Basically, when you pull the bottom part of the seat upwards it also lifts the back upwards, but latches prevent the back from popping loose (to where you can pull it down). So, if you loosen the bolts holding the seats down (on mine it was 18mm) and lift up on the back you will clear the latches on the back wall. After that you need to flip the latches on the back wall upside down (used 10mm to remove bolts). IF the picture loads (it hasn't while I'm typing this) you can see the upside latch is lower. This will allow you to clear the latches when lifting upwards on the back. Do that for the others (four total) and you can now pull the back down when you need to. It won't fall down on you either. By flipping the latches it just allows you to clear them when you lift upwards on the back. Hopefully that makes sense.
Old 05-21-2017, 03:50 PM

Member #16494
The photos were too big. Here we go.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0753 (2).JPG (758.3 KB, 35 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0754 (2).JPG (981.9 KB, 35 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0756 (2).JPG (866.3 KB, 35 views)
Old 05-22-2017, 08:37 PM

Member #14796
Welcome to the VTCOA from the Centennial State.
Old 05-23-2017, 03:11 AM

Member #15914
Welcome to VTCOA!!!
Old 05-23-2017, 08:36 AM
Supporting Vendor
Southwest VTCoA Regional Member
Southwest VTCoA Regional Rep
2013 Viper Truck of The Month

Member #10675
I'd be happy to set you up with headers and exhaust for much less.
ZRT10 likes this.

Home of the SuperSnake hoods NOW AVAILABLE! :
Venomous1 Racing Traction/Transfer Systems coming to an SRT-10 near you
Venomous1 Racing Underdrive Pulleys for Gen3 SRT-10 Viper Trucks and Coupes available now!!

** 1 OF 5 2005 SRT-10 Quad Cab Tremec T56
Equipped**
Home of the First and Fastest 6 Speed SRT10 Quad Cab...The VENOMOUS1

Your Viper Coupe and Truck go fast and appearance parts GO-TO guy!!
Old 10-17-2017, 04:03 PM
You got a Hemi?

Member #17722
You wrote that your front seat slides when braking. I also have an '06 QC that does the same thing and it's REALLY annoying!

Did you ever get it fixed? I'd love to know "the fix" or how much it cost you to fix it.

Thanks!
Old 10-18-2017, 09:25 AM

Member #16494
I haven't fixed it yet! I guess I got used to it lol. But it is annoying. Now that you mention it maybe I will look around under the seat. I've wondered if it is just loose on the rail and all that needs done is tightening of a bolt. I'll let you know. It is strange that no mechanic has mentioned it yet, though. I've had it in a bunch of shops a lot recently and I assume they test drive it at the end to make sure everything runs ok.

I also wonder if its a bigger issue, at least for me. Periodically the airbag light will come on. When that happens I lose air conditioning and heated seats. It doesn't throw a code though. One dealership thought it may be an issue with the occupant restraint control (ORC), which may be located in or around the seat. I haven't researched that a whole lot. It has been known to short circuit... can cause the airbag light. Another thought it was a control module within the dash somewhere b/c of the ac, heated seats issue. Someday I'll probably get it fixed.