Go Back   Dodge Ram SRT-10 Forum - Viper Truck Club of America > Viper Truck SRT-10 Discussion > Performance Mods
Home Forum Register FAQ Members List Social Groups Calendar Garage Mark Forums Read

Performance Mods

Shot in the dark

This is a discussion on Shot in the dark within the Performance Mods forums, part of the Viper Truck SRT-10 Discussion category!
This is a shot in the dark I know my trucks are 2 different animals 1 being it's a 5.9 ...

Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By Silver05
  • 1 Post By Silver05

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-03-2017, 01:11 PM

Member #16573
Shot in the dark

This is a shot in the dark I know my trucks are 2 different animals 1 being it's a 5.9 rt and the other being the Srt 10, but I have cal tracs on my Dakota, and I was still having some traction issues with my ET streets , so I cut the back leaf spring clamps off and added 1 in front of the pack and another slightly right behind it (both on the front of springs) if we cut the back leaf spring clamp and added a clamp to our front snubber to where it's tight up against the pack of the springs this might help with some traction issues, instead of separating and acting as slapper bars and cause the axel to wrap it will just add spring pressure straight up on it , no axel wrap or anything, again just a shot in the dark, maybe add a stronger poly snubber, any one try this or is this a waste of time ?

Old 08-03-2017, 01:25 PM

Member #11773
Cutting the rear spring clamps and adding clamps in front is a old school drag racing mod. Same concept as jmb traction kit just without cutting off the clamps on the rear. There are some cool pics of 70 hemi cudas with alot of air gap in the rear of the spring pac going down the 1/4. I don't know about daily driving on the street don't know if it will put excessive strain on the center pin and let the leafs walk. You wouldn't think so with the front clamped down.
Old 08-03-2017, 03:55 PM

Member #16573
Last year I drove my Dakota from march- November daily, and it's been like this for a couple years now, no movement of the springs, it just allows them to open up and spring forward, is this the stage 1 kit jmb offers ?
rbabody likes this.
Old 08-03-2017, 08:51 PM

Member #11773
I went with the stage 2 on this truck. Had the stage1 on my old truck and liked it alot. Just wanted more this time and you can really tell the difference from the stage 1 but it also has more parts to it so imagine that. lol
Old 08-04-2017, 12:46 AM
Supporting Vendor
Southwest VTCoA Regional Member
Southwest VTCoA Regional Rep
2013 Viper Truck of The Month

Member #10675
Waste of time honestly. I tried everything years ago and hence made our traction system. 1.63 60ft in an NA Quad Cab!

Home of the SuperSnake hoods NOW AVAILABLE! :
Venomous1 Racing Traction/Transfer Systems coming to an SRT-10 near you
Venomous1 Racing Underdrive Pulleys for Gen3 SRT-10 Viper Trucks and Coupes available now!!

** 1 OF 5 2005 SRT-10 Quad Cab Tremec T56
Equipped**
Home of the First and Fastest 6 Speed SRT10 Quad Cab...The VENOMOUS1

Your Viper Coupe and Truck go fast and appearance parts GO-TO guy!!
Old 08-04-2017, 12:06 PM

Member #11773
Quote:
Originally Posted by VENOMOUS1 RACING View Post
Waste of time honestly. I tried everything years ago and hence made our traction system. 1.63 60ft in an NA Quad Cab!
I didn't think it was a waste of time or money the kit did what I wanted it to do. And I wasn't going to dish out 1200 bucks for your system (not saying your product is bad never used it ) but where I'm at the diesel shops will build me a custom set of long bars like you sell for half that and the jmb kit is about half of a custom set.
Old 08-04-2017, 12:14 PM

Member #16573
Yea I'm thinking the same thing, I don't know the product never tested it , but daaammm $1200 for bars is a bit steep, I can probably order the heims for about $75, and bar for about $150 tops and make the same thing
rbabody likes this.
Old 08-06-2017, 01:23 AM

Member #13290
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver05 View Post
Yea I'm thinking the same thing, I don't know the product never tested it , but daaammm $1200 for bars is a bit steep, I can probably order the heims for about $75, and bar for about $150 tops and make the same thing
Lol pretty much.

I have JMB's stage 3 and along with caltracs and they both do a great job.

Worth the money on both, but i wouldnt buy just the stage 1.

AJ
'04
Full bolt on, 2/3 drop, 4:56's +lots of extras.

Boost Coming Soon.

Old 08-08-2017, 01:04 AM

Member #16573
Anyone have pics of stage 1 installed ? Or where I can find new snubbers for the springs ?