Go Back   Dodge Ram SRT-10 Forum - Viper Truck Club of America > Viper Truck SRT-10 Discussion > Visual Mods
Home Forum Register FAQ Members List Social Groups Calendar Garage Mark Forums Read

Visual Mods

front license plate bracket

This is a discussion on front license plate bracket within the Visual Mods forums, part of the Viper Truck SRT-10 Discussion category!
Hi all, l've been trying to find a thread about a custom front plate mount for a while now. l ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-07-2009, 06:08 PM

Member #10370
Send a message via AIM to fastbill
front license plate bracket

Hi all,

l've been trying to find a thread about a custom front plate mount for a while now. l remember seeing one that someone had that bolted to the underneath of the airdam, and swiveled down and then up to be displayed, then you could just loosen the bolts on the side, and swing it back underneath for shows or whatever. Was a pretty slick looking setup, and l'd like to find it. Anybody remember this? l did a search with a couple of different words and/or phrases, but no luck. Thanks!

2004 Flame Red RC #2018, 4/30/04@ 8pm, black vinyl stripes, Cal-Vu mirrors, Paxton pushing 10lbs (fingers crossed), custom intercooler, JMB hard upper-lower pipes, X-Metal drop, Billy Boat full exhaust w/ long tubes and mids w/hi flow cats, elec dumps, CalTrac's, rapidly balding Pirelli's, Stinkers oil lines, Bedrug, B&M shifter
Remember, if you can still turn, you're not going fast enough!!!
Old 04-07-2009, 07:41 PM
Southeast VTCoA Regional Member

Member #10261
Got you covered, pics and Instructions to follow.... I would not drill so I had to come up with one that worked....

The Front Plate frame is made out of a "T" Barjoist connector sold at Lowes or at Home Depot

2005 Commemorative Edition SRT-10
2006 Mineral Gray Quad Cab SRT-10
2010 Bright Silver 300C SRT-8

Sandy to my friends
US Navy Retired

Old 04-07-2009, 07:42 PM
VIPER POWERED

Member #10317
do it like this
Attached Images
File Type: bmp srt bee.bmp (671.2 KB, 1983 views)

just here for the bad ass trucks

05 RumbleBEE second swarm #1334
The Official SRT10 Killer of the Site
just lots of clean modds [/IMG]
Old 04-07-2009, 08:14 PM

Member #10261
Here is a link to where my Pics are. They should explain how it is done. If you have any questions, just give me a yell...

To take it off or put it on is about 3 mins. Hold up well at speeds well over 100mph

2005 Commemorative Edition SRT-10
2006 Mineral Gray Quad Cab SRT-10
2010 Bright Silver 300C SRT-8

Sandy to my friends
US Navy Retired

Old 04-07-2009, 08:33 PM
VIPER POWERED

Member #215
Glad I dont need a front bracket here in florida.
red qc born may 25,2005 11th hour. bedrug. billet seat levers. billet door pins. billet gas door cover. viper hitch cover. billet flame third brake light cover. egr headlight covers. Jmb cai.Jmb hard radiator pipes.Jmb t-stat housing.Jmb catch can.465 rwhp an 510 rwtq on 55 shot of nos
Old 04-08-2009, 09:18 AM

Member #10370
Thanks for the help, guys... plate won't work behind grill for two reasons, first can't be obstructed in any way, (can't even put a clear cover over it), and it would block part of my intercooler radiator.
DaChief, that's a sweet setup, but the one l'd seen was actually a two piece design that was mounted the same, but the plate could be loosened and swung down and under so it wouldn't be seen at all. l may do your setup if l don't find the other soon. we have to have a front plate here in NY, and l just don't want to give the PD an excuse to pull me over for anything. l have a few PBA cards and a PD patch on the dash, but l'd rather just not deal with the hassle, but l refuse to pop my virgin front bumper's cherry with a drill...
2004 Flame Red RC #2018, 4/30/04@ 8pm, black vinyl stripes, Cal-Vu mirrors, Paxton pushing 10lbs (fingers crossed), custom intercooler, JMB hard upper-lower pipes, X-Metal drop, Billy Boat full exhaust w/ long tubes and mids w/hi flow cats, elec dumps, CalTrac's, rapidly balding Pirelli's, Stinkers oil lines, Bedrug, B&M shifter
Old 04-08-2009, 09:24 AM

Member #10370
check out swiftmotorsports.com , they have one similar to what l'd seen. l thought it was on this forum, but may have been mistaken. l may do their version, they even have a motorized one, so after you get pulled over, you can hit the switch and ask the cop what the heck he is talking about, there's a plate on the front, lol....
Old 04-08-2009, 02:43 PM
VIPER POWERED

Member #186
Quote:
Originally Posted by fastbill
check out swiftmotorsports.com , they have one similar to what l'd seen. l thought it was on this forum, but may have been mistaken. l may do their version, they even have a motorized one, so after you get pulled over, you can hit the switch and ask the cop what the heck he is talking about, there's a plate on the front, lol....
I put a non-motorized one on our Vette.

I'd thought plenty about the scenario you'd mentioned with a motorized one, though.
Old 04-08-2009, 03:28 PM
VIPER POWERED

Member #1594
Just toss the plate in the windshield...it works here in Jersey...
CE #19,Unleashed by Torrie,Borla Cat Back,JMB Mids,valve covers,intake,CAI & catch can,upper rad pipe,Roe TB,JTSVP oil & P/S lines,Demon coil packs,Adam's wires/sleeves,X-Metal shifter,Raptor shift-light,1.5 inch drop blocks, Chrome SRT10 wheels,EBC Greens,Autometer D-Pic,Mopar rear wheel well liners,suede console,Cal-Vue mirrors,License plate flipper from JTSVP!

SOLD. Just not saying to WHO.
Old 04-08-2009, 09:22 PM

Member #935
I bought a cheap bracket and zip tied it to the honeycombs...attached the plate and bent the bottom of the plate up so that it wouldn't rub against the spoiler...it doesn't look to bad...no drilling and gets the job done. About $9 bucks.