Hogans Racing intake manifold

Ram From Hell

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just received my intake from Hogans Racing. Another damned nice piece of equipment! Between seeing the eye candy that is Fast Jack's intake manifold and getting substantially improved air distribution over the factory intake, how could I say no?:D

Attachments

• Stock vs Hogans front.JPG
    Stock vs Hogans front.JPG
    65.1 KB · Views: 1,963
  • Stock vs Hogans front 3qtr.JPG
    Stock vs Hogans front 3qtr.JPG
    65.8 KB · Views: 3,289
More pix

Attachments

• Hogans runners.JPG
    Hogans runners.JPG
    74.7 KB · Views: 1,366
  • Hogans front 3qtr.JPG
    Hogans front 3qtr.JPG
    69.4 KB · Views: 4,435
  • Hogans on engine.JPG
    Hogans on engine.JPG
    87.5 KB · Views: 3,929
Here's more of the setup dry assembled:

Attachments

• Hogans and charge pipes 1.JPG
    Hogans and charge pipes 1.JPG
    91.1 KB · Views: 1,223
  • Hogans and charge pipes 2.JPG
    Hogans and charge pipes 2.JPG
    96.5 KB · Views: 1,858
  • Hogans and charge pipes 3.JPG
    Hogans and charge pipes 3.JPG
    99.8 KB · Views: 1,441
is that intake only good for FI.. or does it give us NA guys any beniffit??? i love the hight of it... and how much if it does help us out..:) ohhh i have Nitrous 2.. any benifits for me??

SRT10VENOMOUS said:
is that intake only good for FI.. or does it give us NA guys any beniffit??? i love the hight of it... and how much if it does help us out..:) ohhh i have Nitrous 2.. any benifits for me??

He builds each intake based on the application. I furnished him with my cam and head specs, gear ratios, and estimated HP and boost levels.

The intake you see would probably work very well on a strong N/A setup with N2Ox, but he'd probably tweak the design a bit. The manifold not only flows better than stock, it more evenly distributes the air. The stock manifold sucks for distribution, making the front four cylinders run lean (so the whole mix has to be set rich to compensate). You can also have nitrous ports welded into the runners for direct port injection. :D

Any engine, regardless of how it's equipped, will benefit from a custom manifold. Hell, the Viper engine took a performance hit going from the Gen II manifold to the Gen III manifold, so there's plenty of room for improvement even on an otherwise stock engine.

TheMoparConnection said:
i do like? may I ask how much?

About 3,300.

3300 eh .. ouch.. i just might have to hold off on that one and just get the original cleaned up a lil.. inside and out

Ram From Hell said:
He builds each intake based on the application. I furnished him with my cam and head specs, gear ratios, and estimated HP and boost levels.

The intake you see would probably work very well on a strong N/A setup with N2Ox, but he'd probably tweak the design a bit. The manifold not only flows better than stock, it more evenly distributes the air. The stock manifold sucks for distribution, making the front four cylinders run lean (so the whole mix has to be set rich to compensate). You can also have nitrous ports welded into the runners for direct port injection. :D

Any engine, regardless of how it's equipped, will benefit from a custom manifold. Hell, the Viper engine took a performance hit going from the Gen II manifold to the Gen III manifold, so there's plenty of room for improvement even on an otherwise stock engine.

About 3,300.
looks nice, eric !!!

i question if there's $3300.00 worth of improvement....:dontknow:

It's a damned sexy piece but the price..........

Hey Jack, could a goodie guy group buy on these be worked out? Cheaper deal for VTCOA members?:dontknow:

:D Hey i gotta ask these things:star:

moparracing said:
looks nice, eric !!!

i question if there's $3300.00 worth of improvement....:dontknow:

Granted, the power gained from this isn't what I gain with the Strikers for example, but I look at it this way: If equipment like that, the AEM, and a full-on fuel system are what it takes to make sure that this engine runs as strong and as safe as it can, they're worth every penny. On a 30k build, spending 3k on an intake is in proportion. I think of it as one part HP, one part insurance.

I think I spent somewhere in the neighborhood of 2k for a new crank, billet main caps, and all of the associated machine work (and I got the brand new crank cheap!). Is the improvment from that stuff worth the coin? I'll bet you when I launch from the line at 5k and several pounds of boost it is.;)

Brat said:
what are you going to do with the original intake?

It, and the matching black valve covers are for sale. I'd take $550.00 + S&H.

http://www.vtcoa.com/forums/showpost...65&postcount=1

Ram From Hell said:
Granted, the power gained from this isn't what I gain with the Strikers for example, but I look at it this way: If equipment like that, the AEM, and a full-on fuel system are what it takes to make sure that this engine runs as strong and as safe as it can, they're worth every penny. On a 30k build, spending 3k on an intake is in proportion. I think of it as one part HP, one part insurance.

I think I spent somewhere in the neighborhood of 2k for a new crank, billet main caps, and all of the associated machine work (and I got the brand new crank cheap!). Is the improvment from that stuff worth the coin? I'll bet you when I launch from the line at 5k and several pounds of boost it is.;)

It, and the matching black valve covers are for sale. I'd take $550.00 + S&H.

http://www.vtcoa.com/forums/showpost...65&postcount=1
how much for just the intake,i already have a set of covers.

Ram From Hell said:
I'd go $450.00 + S&H for the intake.
thats not a bad price.let me talk to the boss and i will get back to you.:rock: :rock:

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back