a few pics of the hole in the block

Dave T(BADVENM)

Supporting Member
Reaction score
pic of hole in block, bad piston, dyno graph

I've attached 2 pics of the hole in my original motor. Very small but very expensive. Took the truck out a bit tonight and it felt very strong. the holes are toward the back in picture 1 and the front in picture 2, next to the ID tag. I also included 2 pics of the piston. Attached is the dyno graph from 6/8/06...Mustang dyno.

Attachments

• Resize of 2006-06-13 busted motor 001.JPG
    Resize of 2006-06-13 busted motor 001.JPG
    23.5 KB · Views: 225
  • Resize of 2006-06-13 busted motor 002.JPG
    Resize of 2006-06-13 busted motor 002.JPG
    27.3 KB · Views: 227
  • Resize of 2006-06-13 003.JPG
    Resize of 2006-06-13 003.JPG
    25 KB · Views: 206
  • Resize of 2006-06-13 004.JPG
    Resize of 2006-06-13 004.JPG
    19.4 KB · Views: 190
  • Resize of 2006-06-13 DYNO CHART 005.JPG
    Resize of 2006-06-13 DYNO CHART 005.JPG
    21.4 KB · Views: 199
Last edited:
It's amazing how thin those stock pistons are! 49.95 from Mopar.
Sorry to hear about your loss.

Ouch that sucks!!!! I have a question about you sig line. When you purchased your truck, I remember you saying there was a hole in the intake tube. Which later you found out to be from a nos kit. Did the truck have the paxton already or not?

patrick

As I understand it the truck had nitrous/propane injection at some point. It was taken off and the Paxton put on. The Paxton was never tuned after the install. Two small holes were found in what I believe to be the original intake tube and 2 other locations that I cant remember. The one on my truck is chrome, cant remember if stock they are black. I dont think the paxton was also running with nitrous/propane.

The 4 holes that were discovered seem to be fixed.

Yes, the Paxton was on it. I later found out from the tuner who installed it that it was never tuned. Its "plug and play" he tells me. I guess the previous owner never asked for it to be tuned. Needless to say, the truck is/has been tuned just a few days ago.

Not sure if I'm the first with a Paxton to have a failure. But you got to remember an unknown amount of nitrous/propane was being used before the Paxton. Surely that had something to do with the part(s) beginning to weaken/fail. I thought the hole would be bigger. I think the rod is still in their but didnt get a real good view of it. So for my asking price which includes the original motor someone should view it as a good deal.

I'm gonna take some pics of the truck today then try and get it on ebay within the next few days.

Talked with Todd at Arrow Racing today, the motor is basically non-repairable :mad: Also, the connecting rods in the '04s are a $9 part :eek:

Now I'm gonna add various smileys just for the heck of it. :fight: :viking: :thrasher: :ridinghorse: :bath:

Its junk dude....make a coffee table out of it. I of all people feel yuor pain....u know that. Hey, i boughth a block off ebay for 2800 bucks that Bommer says is scrap! That sucks....he's trying to save it...well see. Of all the bad luck Ive had, its amazing I havent burnt this truck already!

By the way....the pactons are sold as plug and play! Only tuning will MAXIMIZE your gains....50-100 hp lost if no tune...they should be safe from Paxton though.

Heres some info shared by Larry Macedo on "the other site" regarding one of my posts this past april. See if you can make any sense out of it. I guess at one time the truck was running both nitrous/propane and the Paxton? Surely they would have known it would blow up?

"The truck being discussed was originally upgraded by another vendor whom installed Belanger headers and a custom exhaust system. Along with those upgrades were a nitrous/propane system that, when we were asked to test on our dyno, was found to be severly lean. I urged the then owner to take the truck back to his vendor and sort out the problem. A few months later the owner called and placed an order for a Paxton kit. Once the kit arrived, we installed the system and checked the A/F ratio as we always do. We then tested the nitrous/propane as instructed by the owner and again, it was too lean. The then owner was to take the truck back to his vendor for repair.

BTW, the truck in question was drag raced and road raced several times after the Paxton install.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back