Drag radials 101 please

I put about 18 lbs in mine, launch from 1800-2000 rpm, wait for that neck snaping shift into second, and don't forget to put it in tow haul mode so you don't shift into overdrive before the finish line. A line lock is a good investment if you race it a little bit. The side gears & spider gears have been know to explode from power braking.

wyoramsrt-10 said:
I put about 18 lbs in mine, launch from 1800-2000 rpm, wait for that neck snaping shift into second, and don't forget to put it in tow haul mode so you don't shift into overdrive before the finish line. A line lock is a good investment if you race it a little bit. The side gears & spider gears have been know to explode from power braking.
You know, I didn't even think of Tow/Haul mode. Should I be doing that even in the 1/8th mile?

Here's a vid of about how I do mine. It's bit more than needed actually, but it was cold day in Feb.
Anyway this is how I try to do mine:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=izSAhk6ow-c
I pull around the water box if possible then back into it.
(to keep the front tires dry)
I put the trans in 2nd, Lightly spin out of the water a few feet so they are evenly coated. Stop, then power brake to spin up the tires, while looking in the mirrors to try to let off the brake as soon as both tires smoke, burn them out 20 ft or so and stop before crossing the starting line. Then put the trans in D pull forward and stage.

SANTEEN said:
You know, I didn't even think of Tow/Haul mode. Should I be doing that even in the 1/8th mile?
I always have and was told to have it in tow/haul. It raises the shift points in 1,2, & 3rd

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back